Catholics Should Believe Their First Pope

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You are confused my friend. You agreed Peter was not the head of Christ's church which means all protestant religions from Luther and on are false as is the bible La Reina Valera. Maybe you want to clarify when you believe Apostolic succession was broken.

I found the use of the word, could, might, maybe, may be, believed to be, on my historical searches of the first or second pope. When in doubt, dont add to the bible. RCC is full of doubts. Protestantism are big cause they know what they're talking about on other subjects. The holy Spirit moved on a very long time and without the Spirit, RCC became a cult. Martian luther was right, they lost their minds

kayaker

TO: Sancocho

Huh? I didn’t say anything about aspostolic succession, sola scriptura, or any particular Bible. I simply asked who Peter’s first church members were if they were not those mockers in Acts 2. Does your Bible have the Books of Acts? The USCCB Bible has the Book of Acts. Well, who were Peter’s first church members, then?

kayaker

Sansocho rides off into the Catholic sunset... that's eastward, of course. Don't you just hate it when some Catholics just disappear, like ghosts?

2Peter 2:17-22, KJV "These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. 18) For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19) While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20) For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21) For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22) But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."​

kayaker

Cruciform

Is this how you see Peter?
No, since Christ's Church hadn't yet developed to that liturgical and cultural level. This is how I see Peter:

IMG_7474_3812_web.jpg

kayaker

Peter firstly denied the Holy Ghost not standing and speaking the Pentecostal Gospel at Pentecost (Acts 2:14 KJV). Peter secondly denied the Holy Ghost inspired Gospel preaching another gospel at Pentecost in Acts 2:22 KJV. And, Peter thirdly denied the Holy Ghost preaching another gospel to those Pentecostal mockers (Acts 2:13 KJV) who included those non-Israelites (John 8:33 KJV) that instigated Jesus' crucifixion (John 8:28 KJV, John 8:37 KJV). Those non-Israelite mockers were NOT lost sheep of the house of Israel who Jesus commanded Peter to feed THREE times: Feed MY lambs, Feed MY sheep. Peter's one historic church at Pentecost was infiltrated by those circumcised non-Israelites, just like they infiltrated the true Israelite Jewish synagogues. Ask Crucifer who the members of Peter's one historic church were, if they were not those Pentecostal mockers! Here's another pic of Peter early in his ministry, Everready:

5415_0704092006.jpg

Sancocho

Sansocho rides off into the Catholic sunset... that's eastward, of course. Don't you just hate it when some Catholics just disappear, like ghosts?

Nice try, after reading Puppet responses I saw no need in responding, he is all over the place.

I am not really following your theory. Nonetheless, please trace your denomination to Peter. Please also tell us when you believe the RCC departed from the Body of Christ.

Sancocho

I thought all Catholics already believed their first Pope who was Paul the founder of Christianity. That's the conclusion I have come to from reading Acts 11:26 where it says that Christians started being called Christians for the first time with Paul in Antioch. Otherwise, who could have been the first Pope? Peter couldn't have been because he never ceased being a Jew. So, how could Peter have been the first Pope? It would make no sense. Don't you agree?

Peter was a Jew. Peter was chosen to lead Christ's church here on earth.

Do you follow the Christ too?

Right Divider

Body part

Peter was ONE of the TWELVE. Only in RCC mythology does he become the singular "pope".
1Co 4:15-16 KJV For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. (16) Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1Co 11:1 KJV Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Paul says that we should follow him and not Peter.

Sancocho

Peter was ONE of the TWELVE. Only in RCC mythology does he become the singular "pope".
1Co 4:15-16 KJV For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. (16) Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1Co 11:1 KJV Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Paul says that we should follow him and not Peter.

I was actually referring to your bible that we gave you.

Sancocho

Chick is not reputable.

Nonetheless, lets go with your supposition that Luther or the Church of England are the natural successors to the disciples of Christ. Do you accept their teaching, very Catholic in nature, as well? Or do we need to follow a similar path of successors to get to you and your denomination?

Also, the KJV is a Bible in just one language, and there are many in this world so getting in a discussion about semantics with a bilingual person is generally a losing effort. Finally, the KJV isn't so different than some Catholic versions, other than divorce was now made justifiable for various reasons because after all that is why King Henry created the Church of England.

Ben Masada

You are wrong because Jesus does not have a church for Peter to lead and Peter cannot lead any thing from the grave. He has been dead for about 2000 years already. I thought you knew that by now.