Catholics: Muslims are your brothers and sisters

musterion

Well, "condemned right where they stand" would appear to preclude an opportunity for salvation?

No. Only unless and until they believe the Gospel of the grace of God. And that's up to them.

I wish to be a witness to those who are not at "enmity with God", necessarily, but rather maybe lost in confusion or influenced by negativity?

Again, one is in Christ or one is not. Nothing else matters next to it. Not telling people of the grace of God in Christ, freely open to them even in the deep of their enmity, is the ultimate hatred.

Perhaps, whenever possible, a loving witness might move a heart or change a mind?

The power of God unto salvation is the Gospel message itself, not our presentation or delivery or demeanor. All the friendliness in the world is for naught if one shares a false gospel with them.

Jamie Gigliotti

Undoubtedly there is danger in giving acceptance to Anything that goes against the truth that is found in Christ.

Those in Christ, connected to Him through faith in Him and the Holy Spirit are His body, brothers and sisters in Him, His church. Undoubtedly there are some who identify as Catholic who are in Christ.

Christians, Jews and Muslims attest to their being one God. Appealing to that thought to reach a Jew or Muslim for Christ is understandable. Using the word brother or sister definitely seems totally inappropriate. When you say I accept your faith even if you are totally convicted that their faith goes against the truth, are you not enabling the lie?

republicanchick

Who knows? perhaps his words of conciliation will touch some Muslim Hearts for the good? Our hearts need to be reminded that God is Love.
Personally, I cannot subscribe to the idea the "Muslims" are my brothers and sisters, but, I do subscribe to the idea that all persons are my brothers and sisters. I am especially saddened by the women and children who have become refugees from war crazed countries. And I do/will contribute to help them.

thanks for this

:)

Only the violent jihadists are excluded from being Brother & sister... and that is by their OWN choosing, of course

+

bybee

No. Only unless and until they believe the Gospel of the grace of God. And that's up to them.

Again, one is in Christ or one is not. Nothing else matters next to it. Not telling people of the grace of God in Christ, freely open to them even in the deep of their enmity, is the ultimate hatred.

The power of God unto salvation is the Gospel message itself, not our presentation or delivery or demeanor. All the friendliness in the world is for naught if one shares a false gospel with them.

If you are saying that I present a false Gospel you are in error.
I follow the witness of Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If one lives according to the gospel then even a minor doctrinal error will not impede them.

A perfect presentation of the gospel without living it will not be blessed with any help from the Lord to move by his Spirit upon the listeners.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Tell me , have you even been filled with the Holy Spirit?

Are you talking about speaking in tongues? No I don't speak in tongues.

I know we don't agree everything about following Jesus.

My faith in Jesus is very simple. I strive to follow what Jesus teaches as much as I can.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

We will produce godly fruit if we are sincerely seeking to be true to Jesus.

Jesus' core teaching is in the "love your enemy".

Joining the military is against this teaching. Killing your enemy is not of Jesus.

blessings.

Eric h

Using the word brother or sister definitely seems totally inappropriate. When you say I accept your faith even if you are totally convicted that their faith goes against the truth, are you not enabling the lie?

The Jews are definitely God's chosen people, we are chosen by Christ, and in Islam, Allah chooses whom he wills, how does this make sense?

If we are chosen by one Jesus Christ, why are there so many denominations?

The only way for us to make any sense of this is to live the greatest commandments, and love all our neighbours, including our enemies.

Eric h

Only the violent jihadists are excluded from being Brother & sister... and that is by their OWN choosing, of course

+

When I did my training to be a Street Pastor, a couple of things stood out.......

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

Look for Christ in all people.

Since then, I have come into contact with a lot of violence, not sure about any violent jihadists though. I can look at a dozen hooligans punching the living daylights out of each other, and I cannot see Christ in them.

However, being a pensioner with two lady pastors in their seventies, we walk in the middle of all this conflict, and somehow it calms and stops. When we have been with them for maybe 15 - 20 minutes, people then start shaking our hands, we are given hugs and thanked.

We can now see a kinder group of people, very different to a while ago, it is taking a risk to search for the good in all people, and I have been amazed at how my own attitude to violent people is changing.

I truthfully do not know how it happens, but instead of fear and worry, I have a profound sense of peace that is beyond my understanding, whilst being in places of conflict. but we do pray for peace, and while we are out on the streets there are people from several denominations back in the church praying for us.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you talking about speaking in tongues? No I don't speak in tongues.

I know we don't agree everything about following Jesus.

My faith in Jesus is very simple. I strive to follow what Jesus teaches as much as I can.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

We will produce godly fruit if we are sincerely seeking to be true to Jesus.

Jesus' core teaching is in the "love your enemy".

Joining the military is against this teaching. Killing your enemy is not of Jesus.

blessings.

No, not talking about speaking in tongues but some do when they are filled with the Holy Spirit.

LA

Jamie Gigliotti

The Jews are definitely God's chosen people, we are chosen by Christ, and in Islam, Allah chooses whom he wills, how does this make sense?

If we are chosen by one Jesus Christ, why are there so many denominations?

The only way for us to make any sense of this is to live the greatest commandments, and love all our neighbours, including our enemies.

Loving them includes telling them the truth in love. Saying I accept your faith that is a lie, is partaking in it.

Jesus speaking to Jews:
"Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not on my own accord but He sent me. ... You are of your Father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires."" John 8:42, 44

Eric h

Loving them includes telling them the truth in love. Saying I accept your faith that is a lie, is partaking in it.

I feel that we should use our truth to change ourselves, rather than to try and change other people.

If we all recognised the truth in the same way, there would only be one Christian religion. I accept you and your faith, even if your faith is different to mine. It does not mean that I will believe as you do, and it does not mean that I have to batter you over the head with my truth either.

We should still be able to love each other as we love ourselves, despite our differences.

peace

Eric

Jamie Gigliotti

I feel that we should use our truth to change ourselves, rather than to try and change other people.

If we all recognised the truth in the same way, there would only be one Christian religion. I accept you and your faith, even if your faith is different to mine. It does not mean that I will believe as you do, and it does not mean that I have to batter you over the head with my truth either.

We should still be able to love each other as we love ourselves, despite our differences.

peace

Eric
The only obective truth is God's truth. I have no truth of my own. What we have is our understanding of the truth, our understanding of Him. No we can not shove truth down people's throats but that is a far cry from enabling a lie.

Eric h

The only obective truth is God's truth. I have no truth of my own.

We all claim God's Truth, Muslims, Jews and a thousand Christian denominations.

No we can not shove truth down people's throats but that is a far cry from enabling a lie.

If we have a thousand Christian denominations, does that mean 999 of them are enabling a lie? All of us are stuck with beliefs and faith, but it is what these beliefs inspire us to do that counts.

The 'truth must lead to justice, peace mercy, compassion and love, the lie must be anything that takes us away from these virtues.

Jamie Gigliotti

We all claim God's Truth, Muslims, Jews and a thousand Christian denominations.

If we have a thousand Christian denominations, does that mean 999 of them are enabling a lie? All of us are stuck with beliefs and faith, but it is what these beliefs inspire us to do that counts.

The 'truth must lead to justice, peace mercy, compassion and love, the lie must be anything that takes us away from these virtues.
If Islam's teachings were Christ's then there would be no contradiction. But there is, they are not.