Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

glassjester

The voters don't have to fill in any boxes on their voting paper to justify their vote.
Their X is all that's required.

Right. But that's the question of this thread. Why homosexual marriage?

Ah...... right...... now, I can't answer for any others, but I support Gay Marriage because the risks associated with Homosexuality-in-Marriage are reduced to a mere nothing by comparison with ancient times.
So how do you define marriage? What's its purpose?

One TOL member named a prominent Christian who vigorously promotes anti-gay action, yet that man once had girlfriends (fornication) and diivorces (adultery) which he somehow minimises as 'alright', I suppose. I'm not suggesting that personally you minimise fornication or adultery as less serious than homosexuality, but many Christians seem to. But where I see hypocrisy from anti-gay Christians I just laugh.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly!

In fact, adultery and fornication have proven much more harmful to society than homosexuality. I wish more people would open their eyes to the pure evil of those sins.

The health and sickness risks are the same today fopr incestuous marriage as 'back in the day'.
That's why some countries insist on blood-tests before marriage.

You seem to be saying that the purpose of marriage is procreation. Is it?

dodge

Gays are not the ones to define the term 'marriage'.
Governments and religions are doing that.

Like could happen today.
The Scottish Episcopal Church leaders are meeting in Edinburgh today to debate and vote on the question of 'should this church accept gay marriages?'
It could vote against the proposal, but the mere fact that it is meeting to make such a vote should show you how many Creeds and Churches are moving towards gay marriage.

I am sure that man accepting what God calls wrong will change His decrees against depravity ! NOPE , never going to happen.

Men making perversion legal does not mean the act is not nasty, perverted,un-natural, and UN-healthy it just means the governments that legalize the nastiness are.

eider

Right. But that's the question of this thread. Why homosexual marriage?

So how do you define marriage? What's its purpose?

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly!

In fact, adultery and fornication have proven much more harmful to society than homosexuality. I wish more people would open their eyes to the pure evil of those sins.

You seem to be saying that the purpose of marriage is procreation. Is it?

Now...... come on.
I gave you a clear and concise reason why Gay marriage should be supported today. You have read that.
But now it's your turn. You have to explain clearly and concisely why Gay Marriage is wrong.

You've got to try....... just try...... :idunno:

eider

I am sure that man accepting what God calls wrong will change His decrees against depravity ! NOPE , never going to happen.
Wrong! Moses' laws were needed for Moses' times. To break them caused sickness, weakness, lack of cohesion etc.
You just cannot understand why those laws were made, and you class breaches of SOME of those laws as perversion whilst taking no notice of others, I'm guessing.

I've explained to Glassjester why Gay Marriage is fine now, so you need to tell me why it is poerverted, and, by the way, you need to give your definition of 'perversion'.

Men making perversion legal does not mean the act is not nasty, perverted,un-natural, and UN-healthy it just means the governments that legalize the nastiness are.
You're all tied up with strange ideas about what Moses's laws were for, and that's why you can't grasp that repealing some of those laws is ok now. I'll bet that you've repealed loads of 'em in your own heart, but you make a big fuss about others.

The Scottish Episcopal Church voted to ALLOW Gay Marriage......... don't tell me that Church is perverted, just think more carefully about it all, is my suggrestion.

eider

You're starting to sound like chrysostom. Plenty of people get married without intending to have children.

Hi again.......
I reckon that Moses's laws did encourage people to marry and have children, in order to increase the size and strength of the Israelites. And any unions outside of those unions were strictly banned to protect from sickness and weakness spreading through the people. That included fornication, adultery, homosexuality... anything but insulated marriage.

I reckon that got grabbed hold of, and dragged into Christianity through to this age, where we don't need to expand world population etc.

Hence insulated Gay Marriage is great today, whereas 'back in the day' it could never have increased the strength of the Israelites.

Well, that's my 'take' on it, but it's one that anti-gays can't seem to answer, they just bluster emotive words........

dodge

Wrong! Moses' laws were needed for Moses' times. To break them caused sickness, weakness, lack of cohesion etc.
You just cannot understand why those laws were made, and you class breaches of SOME of those laws as perversion whilst taking no notice of others, I'm guessing.

I've explained to Glassjester why Gay Marriage is fine now, so you need to tell me why it is poerverted, and, by the way, you need to give your definition of 'perversion'.

You're all tied up with strange ideas about what Moses's laws were for, and that's why you can't grasp that repealing some of those laws is ok now. I'll bet that you've repealed loads of 'em in your own heart, but you make a big fuss about others.

The Scottish Episcopal Church voted to ALLOW Gay Marriage......... don't tell me that Church is perverted, just think more carefully about it all, is my suggrestion.

Nothing to do with Moses law. Read where Jesus said a man and woman leave their homes and the two become one flesh. Jesus never addressed same sex because it is an abomination to God.

MrDante

They both deviate from the purpose of marriage - which is to create a stable union ordered toward procreation and upbringing of children.

No one buys that single purpose thing. Marriage has many meanings and purposes, not a singular one and you know it. If you actually believed what you posted then you would be oppsoing marriage for anyone incapable of having children.

So try again just how homosexuality is comparable to incest or polygamy or pedophilia?

eider

Nothing to do with Moses law. Read where Jesus said a man and woman leave their homes and the two become one flesh. Jesus never addressed same sex because it is an abomination to God.

So you think you know what Jesus meant because he never said a thing about gay marriage?

Where did Jesus say that gay-marriage was an abomination to God?

Do you think that cycling is an abomination to God?..... Jesus never mentioned it either..... :D

OK.... let's start with Lesbian-Union. Let's agree that this was never outlawed by Moses Laws or Jesus. If we can agree this then we can move forward, and you can tell me which sins are 'sort of ok' and which sins are dreadful perverted abominations?

glassjester

Now...... come on.
I gave you a clear and concise reason why Gay marriage should be supported today. You have read that.
But now it's your turn. You have to explain clearly and concisely why Gay Marriage is wrong.

Discussion of this topic really depends on your definition of marriage, and what you believe its purpose is. We'd have to start with that. But you have yet to answer my repeated requests for that information.

So what is the purpose of marriage?

You've got to try....... just try...... :idunno:

Again, let's start with the purpose of marriage. What is it?

If we can establish that, we can discuss the morality of who should or should not be married.
As far as legality goes, we would need to start by determining the state's interest in marriage.

eider

Discussion of this topic really depends on your definition of marriage, and what you believe its purpose is. We'd have to start with that. But you have yet to answer my repeated requests for that information.

So what is the purpose of marriage?

Again, let's start with the purpose of marriage. What is it?

If we can establish that, we can discuss the morality of who should or should not be married.
As far as legality goes, we would need to start by determining the state's interest in marriage.

Oh this is fun.
So, at least you're not 'out-and-out' anti gay-marriage because it all depends upon purpose and definition. Excellent!

Marriage is about two people who love each other having the absolute right to be and live together. It also makes them closest relatives. It also protects them lawfully and legally.

Now.... what is your definition?

glassjester

Oh this is fun.
Ok...

Marriage is about two people who love each other having the absolute right to be and live together. It also makes them closest relatives. It also protects them lawfully and legally.

Why only two people? Can three people love each other? Can ten?
And... your definition doesn't seem to exclude incestuous couples.

Now.... what is your definition?

I provided that a few posts back.