Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

eider

Ok...

Why only two people? Can three people love each other? Can ten?
And... your definition doesn't seem to exclude incestuous couples.

I provided that a few posts back.

Now don't be difficult!
All you have to do is copy/post it to save me searching, and guessing .....

What is your definition of marriage, please?

eider

A commitment between people to spend the rest of their life together.

So the church and state shouldn't be interested unless children are part of it?

...it just goes round and round and......
It begins to look to me as if some folks are against 'things' because they got imprinted to be against them in their development, and can only chant about 'perversions' and 'abominations' etc without actually being able to explain why, or how.......

There is just nothing there, but imprinted dogma, which of course is almost impossible to change.... I almost wrote 'cure'. Ooops! I wrote it!

glassjester

It begins to look to me as if some folks are against 'things' because they got imprinted to be against them in their development, and can only chant about 'perversions' and 'abominations' etc without actually being able to explain why, or how.......

There is just nothing there, but imprinted dogma, which of course is almost impossible to change.... I almost wrote 'cure'. Ooops! I wrote it!

Questions about your definition of marriage:

eider

They both deviate from the purpose of marriage - which is to create a stable union ordered toward procreation and upbringing of children

So my marriage to my lovely wife is an abomination?
My wife cannot have children. We married knowing about that.

Your definition is certainly way off in our opinion.

Arthur Brain

Then you think divorce should be illegal?
Also... any two people?

No, not all marriages work out. Two consenting non related adults in answer to your second. Don't bother with the same rabbit trails you've tried with Eider on this to save you some time as not interested and been addressed all over the place already.

They certainly should have an interest in the kind of unions that bring about new citizens, yes.

Why? To ensure that children are being cared for properly? If so then yes, but then it's only the business of the state when people are being abused in a relationship, otherwise it's nobody else's business.

eider

Questions about your definition of marriage:

Hang on........ just a sec....
You're saying that my marriage to my wife is not moral. Where do you stop this amazing prejudice?

Arthur Brain

Your definition is certainly way off in our opinion.

It's absolutely way off. There's no clause in marriage where anybody is expected to have children before committing to each other.

Arthur Brain

The bold parts in the first quote are contradicted by the second quote.

No, they aren't, and this has been argued with you already. Do the math or don't. Not going around the same circles with you otherwise we'll end up talking about bloody Beyonce songs again...

Arthur Brain

Outside of 'religious' reasons they don't have anything. It's a bit like when zealots 'argue' that straight people can choose to become gay...

glassjester

No, sir. I do not wish to make the conversation a personal one - but I will address the issue of infertility. The marital act, even when performed by an infertile couple, is not intrinsically contraceptive.

Note, we're talking morality here, and not legality. Homosexuality is immoral in the same way that contraception is immoral.

But you didn't marry because of that. (I assume)

Arthur Brain

No, sir. I do not wish to make the conversation a personal one - but I will address the issue of infertility. The marital act, even when performed by an infertile couple, is not intrinsically contraceptive.

Note, we're talking morality here, and not legality. Homosexuality is immoral in the same way that contraception is immoral.

But you didn't marry because of that. (I assume)

You may think contraception is immoral...

eider

Outside of 'religious' reasons they don't have anything. It's a bit like when zealots 'argue' that straight people can choose to become gay...

I'm still seeking the religious reasons from these folks.
Since Christians hold to a New Covenant there just are no religious reasons, and even unorthodox Jews are relaxing their opinions about gay marriage. Even the late mentor/personal trainer of one of our Jewish Lords was gay.

The only folks left against gay marriage are the more fundamental Christians together with Islam.

eider

But you wrote that marriage
........ is to create a stable union ordered toward procreation and upbringing of children.
....and our marriage could never fulfill that definition, any more than a gay marriage can.

SOURCE! BIBLE SOURCE please!

Arthur Brain

I'm still seeking the religious reasons from these folks.
Since Christians hold to a New Covenant there just are no religious reasons, and even unorthodox Jews are relaxing their opinions about gay marriage. Even the late mentor/personal trainer of one of our Jewish Lords was gay.

The only folks left against gay marriage are the more fundamental Christians together with Islam.

Zealots are the ones with the biggest hang ups where it comes to homosexuality. Some of the 'Christian' ones think it should be a capital crime, that those found guilty should be swiftly, painfully and publicly executed . Go figure eh?

:plain: