Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

Lon

I am against abortion, murder and sexual abuse because it hurts other innocent individuals who are incapable or unwilling to consent to such actions.
Thus, you too, believe in sin. That was my only point. It can only be wrong if there is such a thing as evil, evil selfishness, etc. When something harms another, we are responsible for that harm and should stop doing it. I don't mean harm like in undergoing a knife on a dr. table, or the wounding word of a friend. I mean harm for no good reason.

Lon

Ah..... so Jesus never did say any such things.
So Paul is your prophet........
......... interesting.

More interesting? You think there is something bad about following Paul as he follows Jesus Christ. :noway:

Go figure a man thinks he can 'correct' God by correcting His scriptures and still call himself a "Christian" when he attacks the very thing he says he is. :nono: Luke 9:23 1 Corinthians 7:8,9 You? Don't care... :plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are against abortion

No she isn't. She supports people and tries to get them into political power that want murder legal. Like Qatar saying they don't support jihad, then pay the jihadists to support them.

Reactions: Lon

DavidK

But according to you, the reason people get married is to have sex and have "everyone recognize it as legit."
So that must be the reason your parents got married.

That's the reason the queer community wants access to the label "married" and why coservatives want to deny it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thus, you too, believe in sin. That was my only point. It can only be wrong if there is such a thing as evil, evil selfishness, etc. When something harms another, we are responsible for that harm and should stop doing it. I don't mean harm like in undergoing a knife on a dr. table, or the wounding word of a friend. I mean harm for no good reason.

I think our only disagreement is on the label, Lon. :) Do no harm should always be the goal. Then it comes down to disagreeing on what constitutes harm.

DavidK

Why do heterosexual couples marry? The same reasons apply to homosexual couples.

We seem to be having two different conversations. You are focused on an individual couple's reasons for getting married, I'm responding to a community's need to have the government extend the title of marriage to them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We seem to be having two different conversations. You are focused on an individual couple's reasons for getting married, I'm responding to a community's need to have the government extend the title of marriage to them.

True ... I don't see any reason for the community to be involved when it comes to the legal acts (which do not harm others) by private citizens.

DavidK

True ... I don't see any reason for the community to be involved when it comes to the legal acts (which do not harm others) by private citizens.

I'm in agreement. I think the crusade to try and stop gay marriage from being recognized by the state was a distraction from real things Christians should be doing.

I'd rather the state got out of marriage altogether.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm in agreement. I think the crusade to try and stop gay marriage from being recognized by the state was a distraction from real things Christians should be doing.

I'd rather the state got out of marriage altogether.

Agreed ... with the exception of minors (who I don't believe should be allowed to marry) ... BUT that's another topic.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
the horn blats out:
It never ceases to amaze me how conservatives who scream about wanting "freedom " and "liberty ", "smaller government " and "limited government" literally want the government and the police in everyone's bedroom to make sure they're not having sex of the "wrong kind ".

doser queries:
so you think the government should have no role to play in controlling sexual behavior?

and jg hastily moves the goalposts and asks:
Just what role would the government play in controlling sexual behavior between consenting adults in a nation of 330 million Americans?

my question was to horn-boy

MrDante

That's the reason the queer community wants access to the label "married" and why coservatives want to deny it.

No, it's a hateful rationalization for prejudice and discrimination that you want to apply to others but not your and yours.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It never ceases to amaze me how conservatives who scream about wanting "freedom " and "liberty ", "smaller government " and "limited government" literally want the government and the police in everyone's bedroom to make sure they're not having sex of the "wrong kind ".

OK Doser , If anyone commits a sexual crime such as molesting a child, raping a woman etc , he or she should be criminally prosecuted and put in jail.

do you literally want the government and the police in everyone's bedroom to make sure they're not molesting children or raping women?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Is there anyone among all you gay marriage supporters who can explain clearly , 'Why the modern cry for gay marriage?.' How can gay marriage be equal with traditional understanding of marriage?

Lets face the blunt facts that anal intercourse is obviously not natural.

The call for gay marriage and the many who support the concept only demonstrate how far our modern world has fallen into depravity!

Exactly right. The why gay marriage, is because satan wants to destroy the family as God intended it to be.