Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

BoyStan

It may come as a surprise to the OP, but time spent engaged in sex, regular or otherwise, is a small fraction of married life!

Up until relatively recently, "gays" could not engage in sex within marriage because such unions were not recognized by the state!

The government cannot force Churches to perform or recognize "gay marriage", based on the separation of Church and State.

Based on that same principle, however, the Church is not entitled to determine the only definition of "marriage" within a secular society!

The definition of sex has been since the first man and woman. Gay marriage is a very recent blurring of that definition. Gay marriage is an oxymoron

BoyStan

How did you find all this out? Did you experience both, or something?

Just you try (physically) over-ruling any couple's marriage, and see what the law will do to you!

So Hetro-couples never experience lust for each other?
How long have you been married, and I beg to ask, how many times?

You didn't write in the name of love on this thread, so don't try it now. :D

Gay marriage is an oxymoron. Love stands for the truth, and the truth is traditional marriage!

BoyStan

It never ceases to amaze me how conservatives who scream about wanting "freedom " and "liberty ", "smaller government " and "limited government" literally want the government and the police in everyone's bedroom to make sure they're not having sex of the "wrong kind ".

I don't want to control their type of sex in their bedrooms. Keep the term marriage for the union of a man and a woman. This definition not for gays to re-define.

eider

I don't want to control their type of sex in their bedrooms. Keep the term marriage for the union of a man and a woman. This definition not for gays to re-define.

Gays are not the ones to define the term 'marriage'.
Governments and religions are doing that.

Like could happen today.
The Scottish Episcopal Church leaders are meeting in Edinburgh today to debate and vote on the question of 'should this church accept gay marriages?'
It could vote against the proposal, but the mere fact that it is meeting to make such a vote should show you how many Creeds and Churches are moving towards gay marriage.

eider

So you'd be for the "equal marriage rights" of more than 2 spouses?
Bahauallah put it quite well. In so many words he said that he accepted polyamorous marriage (of one husband-two wives) if all spouses could be treated equally.
But I wouldn't expect you to be much impressed by Bahauallah.
But then you might embrace his belief that gays could not be given a vote or sit upon government seats.....

I get the feeling that you grab anything which might suit your needs, and throw down anything against.....?

Me? I live in a country where refugees with two wives can keep them both.

Why should it be a crime? Why are you against the equal marriage rights of a brother and sister?

What you don't understand, cannot seem to grasp, is why the laws about marriage were given to Moses 'back in the day'. All of the 613 were intended for the protection of, health of, strength of, cohesion of..... the people.

Incestuous marriages produced weak children, so that's damaging the health of and strength of.,... the whole community. So it was outlawed. That's why it's unlawful today.
You try to think in terms of good and evil etc...... although you seem to go so horribly wrong even there.
Mose's Laws were about health, strength, cohesion. There were no exceptions, so there's something for you to do..... looking for any exceptions..... but there aren't any.

But Gay marriage is safe with regard to health, strength, cohesion etc...... so there's no reason why it should noty be lawful

eider

homosexuality was a crime

Yes it was. Gay marriage wasn't mentioned because it was anticipated and expected that folks would have children, so the the Israelites would increase, be stronger. But today we don't mind if the World population does not get bigger, stronger.

You still think that the laws of Moses were all about good and evil..... poor thing. They were ALWAYS about strength, health, cohesion, growth..... every single one, including the sacrificial laws, all of them!

Situations change, and that's why the Churches are slowly changing, like they always have done..... changed their canon laws. The Churches are slowly leaving the extremists behind.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Bahauallah put it quite well. In so many words he said that he accepted polyamorous marriage (of one husband-two wives) if all spouses could be treated equally.
But I wouldn't expect you to be much impressed by Bahauallah.
But then you might embrace his belief that gays could not be given a vote or sit upon government seats.....

I get the feeling that you grab anything which might suit your needs, and throw down anything against.....?

Me? I live in a country where refugees with two wives can keep them both.

What you don't understand, cannot seem to grasp, is why the laws about marriage were given to Moses 'back in the day'. All of the 613 were intended for the protection of, health of, strength of, cohesion of..... the people.

Incestuous marriages produced weak children, so that's damaging the health of and strength of.,... the whole community. So it was outlawed. That's why it's unlawful today.
You try to think in terms of good and evil etc...... although you seem to go so horribly wrong even there.
Mose's Laws were about health, strength, cohesion. There were no exceptions, so there's something for you to do..... looking for any exceptions..... but there aren't any.

But Gay marriage is safe with regard to health, strength, cohesion etc...... so there's no reason why it should noty be lawful

Do you know where the g spot on a faggot is? Right at the tip of a pile of crap

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Reactions: Lon

BoyStan

Gays are not the ones to define the term 'marriage'.
Governments and religions are doing that.

Like could happen today.
The Scottish Episcopal Church leaders are meeting in Edinburgh today to debate and vote on the question of 'should this church accept gay marriages?'
It could vote against the proposal, but the mere fact that it is meeting to make such a vote should show you how many Creeds and Churches are moving towards gay marriage.

Creeds and churches have fallen away from the authoritative teaching of scripture: they are mere man made entities, and their acceptance of gay marriage never justifies the practice or change the true traditional meaning of marriage.

Governments and some churches are responding to the gay movement for marriage equality.

eider

Creeds and churches have fallen away from the authoritative teaching of scripture: they are mere man made entities, and their acceptance of gay marriage never justifies the practice or change the true traditional meaning of marriage.

But that's just your 'man-made' opinion.
And so Christianity is moving towards the light, whilst you will be left hiding in the darkness.

Governments and some churches are responding to the gay movement for marriage equality.
Excellent!
You got something right.
And Jesus would not object to this at all.
....or can you quote from the words of Jesus to the contrary? I think not.

Right Divider

Body part
:think: So the only reason ANY couple marries is so that others see their private, sexual relationship as legit. Do you find that a decent reason for heterosexuals to marry?Good thing love has nothing to do with marriage.
Gen 2:18-25 (KJV)
(2:18) And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (2:19) And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought [them] unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that [was] the name thereof. (2:20) And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. (2:21) And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; (2:22) And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. (2:23) And Adam said, This [is] now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. (2:24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (2:25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

It's God's way, that's why. It's just that simple

Love is not about sex, marriage is.

We should love everyone, but we should not have sex with all of them.

Lon

But that's just your 'man-made' opinion.
And so Christianity is moving towards the light, whilst you will be left hiding in the darkness.
:think: ....

Excellent!
You got something right.
And Jesus would not object to this at all.
....or can you quote from the words of Jesus to the contrary? I think not.
Romans 1:28,32

Go figure a worldly man thinking he's a Christian :doh: