Can a Christian lose their salvation

Hoping

Banned
What do they need to endure?
We all need to endure faithfully in the face of every temptation designed by the devil to lure us away from our faith.
How can a man honestly say he has faith if he cheats on his taxes ?
He has turned money into an idol to be served above God.

Right Divider

Body part
We all need to endure faithfully in the face of every temptation designed by the devil to lure us away from our faith.
Nice dodge. That's NOT what those passages are talking about.
How can a man honestly say he has faith if he cheats on his taxes ?
Irrelevant to this discussion.... so AGAIN you're dodging.
He has turned money into an idol to be served above God.
Irrelevant. Roger dodger!

Hoping

Banned
Nice dodge. That's NOT what those passages are talking about.
You don't think they, and we, need to endure being tempted to abandon the faith?
Irrelevant to this discussion.... so AGAIN you're dodging.
Being able to resist the temptation to lie and horde money, instead of trusting God to meet all one's needs, is relevant.
Irrelevant. Roger dodger!
It is something we must endure, faithfully.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
There ain't gonna be no Baal worshippers in the eternal kingdom
Do you just mean that no one will be worshiping Baal in the eternal kingdom? Or do you mean that no one who has worshiped Baal will be dwelling in the eternal kingdom?
yes they would lose salvation to eternal life
You're saying that people who have eternal life can stop having eternal life?

Hoping

Banned
It is written..."In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Our "hope" is conditional.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
It is written..."In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Our "hope" is conditional.
Starting a scripture quote with an IF verse is deceptive.

Previous to the verses that you quote, Paul says this:
Col 1:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

We HAVE redemption.

Right Divider

Body part
It is not a false scenario.
Yes, it is.
Any Christian has the freewill choice to decline putting their trusting faith in YHWH.
No, they can't. The Bible says that once a believer puts their trust in Christ, they are SEALED. That's permanent, per scripture. That is what it means to be saved by grace through faith.

Why do members of the body of Christ think that Christ will cut off His own finger or toe or leg?

Eph 5:25-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; (5:26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, (5:27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. (5:28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. (5:29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: (5:30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. (5:31) For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. (5:32) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (5:33) Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do members of the body of Christ think that Christ will cut off His own finger or toe or leg?
Jesus Christ is God.
Israel was elect of God and called a son of God and yet some could be cut off due to them switching their alliance from YWHW to another.

And as Paul tells us, all these things were written as examples and warnings for us.

So take heed of the examples and warnings because continuing belief is key, not according to works but according to believing.
Many of the OT characters listed in the hall of the faithful of Hebrews 11 did unsavory works like adultery, lying, drunkenness, deception, etc.
But the example they all had in common was that they did not switch their alliance from YHWH to another.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus Christ is God.
Yes... does this mean that you suddenly do not understand the symbolism in the Bible?
Israel was elect of God and called a son of God and yet some could be cut off due to them switching their alliance from YWHW to another.
Again, you conflate and confuse God's dispensations. Israel is not the body of Christ.
And as Paul tells us, all these things were written as examples and warnings for us.
Stop being vague and instead quote the scripture.
So take heed of the examples and warnings because continuing belief is key, not according to works but according to believing.
What immense confusion you have.
Many of the OT characters listed in the hall of the faithful of Hebrews 11 did unsavory works like adultery, lying, drunkenness, deception, etc.
The book TO THE HEBREWS is not about the body of Christ.
But the example they all had in common was that they did not switch their alliance from YHWH to another.
Good for them. They were not in the body of Christ.

Titus 3:4-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:4) But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, (3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (3:6) Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; (3:7) That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (3:8) [This is] a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Note that Paul says to "maintain good works" and NOT to "maintain your eternal life status".

Christ saved me. I'm sorry that you don't know that Christ has saved you.

Last edited:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
salvation won't happen until the day of judgement
As I noted before, that is you telling us that you have never been saved.
(Ephesians 4:30) And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you are sealed until the day of redemption.
Thank God for that down-payment.
I hope I don't back out on the "deal".
By telling us you've never been saved, you are telling us you've never been sealed by the Holy Spirit. Your "hope" is the "hope" of those not sealed by the Holy Spirit, and is thus worthless.

Last edited: