Can a Christian lose their salvation

Hoping

Banned
Here, you are telling us that you are not saved. You are admitting that you are no one's brother in Christ.
Do you believe there will be a day of judgement wherein the sheep will go one way and the goats another way ?
I do, and if my name is found in the book of life, then I will shout "I am saved" !
I need to maintain my conversion though, to get to that point.
So do you.

Hoping

Banned

Ephesians 2:8-9​

King James Version​

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
I hope I can keep the faith through all I will yet endure.
With God's promise that I will never be tempted above what I can handle, though, (1 Cor 10:13), my confidence is high.

Hoping

Banned
@Hoping says on the contrary that "ye" are not saved through faith, since, according to @Hoping, "ye" are not saved at all.

@Hoping, are you saved? Yes or No?
I don't know if my name is in the book of life, so all I can state is that I am "converted".
Do you have away to know if your name is in that book ?
I mean, not by being a faithful non-sinner now or anything, but by direct communication with the Keeper of the book of life ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you believe there will be a day of judgement wherein the sheep will go one way and the goats another way ?
I do, and if my name is found in the book of life, then I will shout "I am saved" !
I need to maintain my conversion though, to get to that point.
So do you.

Hoping

Banned

Ephesians 2:8-9​

King James Version​

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Yep, grace is a gift of God.
I am certainly happy I believe it today.

Will I still believe it tomorrow ?
Will I fall into lethargy and laziness and let the devil sneak into my life ?
Will a lackadaisical life-style end up causing me to bow to some teacher of lies ?
Will future pain and suffering sway my belief ?
All the false preachers present an easier sort of life than I now live "in Christ".
By the grace of God, I recognize that "easy" isn't necessarily "right".
My future is in my hands.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is it possible to loose your salvation once saved?
It's sort of a loaded question.
Salvation is based on one's trusting belief that only the Most High God (YHWH) can bestow eternal life and must endure till the end with that belief.
In other words, it's not based on a one time belief that you had at one time, but is is based on standing firm in that belief through the good times and the bad times.
So if one believes that at one time and then makes a conscience choice to switch their hope on some other god, such as Baal, and choses to put their trust in Baal instead, then they have fallen away.
There ain't gonna be no Baal worshippers in the eternal kingdom, so yes they would lose salvation to eternal life, forever in the presence of YHWH.

Right Divider

Body part
It's sort of a loaded question.
Salvation is based on one's trusting belief that only the Most High God (YHWH) can bestow eternal life and must endure till the end with that belief.
Mixing information from different dispensations causes this type of confusion.

Enduring to the end is NOT about the body of Christ. It is about Israelite's and their tribulation. That is why Paul never says any such thing.
In other words, it's not based on a one time belief that you had at one time, but is is based on standing firm in that belief through the good times and the bad times.
Paul says otherwise.

Eph 1:13-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

So if one believes that at one time and then makes a conscience choice to switch their hope on some other god, such as Baal, and choses to put their trust in Baal instead, then they have fallen away.
There ain't gonna be no Baal worshippers in the eternal kingdom, so yes they would lose salvation to eternal life, forever in the presence of YHWH.
John says otherwise:

1John 5:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:13) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Maybe this article can help you: https://graceambassadors.com/salvation/can-we-lose-our-salvation

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mixing information from different dispensations causes this type of confusion.
It's only confusing to those that make it so.

Enduring to the end is NOT about the body of Christ.
It most certainly is unless you think one in the body of Christ can maintain eternal life status in the eternal kingdom worshiping Baal.

John says otherwise:

1John 5:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:13) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Maintaining "belief" is the key.
Switching from trusting belief and worshiping YHWH to trusting belief and worshiping Baal is not going to cut the mustard when it comes to being in the eternal kingdom.

Right Divider

Body part
It's only confusing to those that make it so.
That would be you.
It most certainly is unless you think one in the body of Christ can maintain eternal life status in the eternal kingdom worshiping Baal.
Those in the body of Christ would not become "Baal worshipers".

And what in the world does "maintain eternal life status" even mean? Eternal life is NOT a "status" that we must "maintain".
We are saved by grace through faith the moment that we have that faith. Christ saves us, we do not save ourselves. We also do not have a responsibility to "keep ourselves saved".
Switching from trusting belief and worshiping YHWH to trusting belief and worshiping Baal is not going to cut the mustard when it comes to being in the eternal kingdom.
False scenarios do not support your claim.

Scripture is clear and therefore you avoid it.

https://theologyonline.com/threads/...r-us-in-the-body-of-christ.60006/post-1893284

Last edited:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
"eternal life" = a Bible phrase
"eternal life status" = not a Bible phrase
Switching from trusting belief
Belief, rather than "belief", is the key to being saved. And the Bible speaks of believing in order to be saved, not of maintaining in order to be saved. (Of course, one may on occasion say "I maintain that such and such is the case," as a perfectly interchangeable substitute for "I believe that such and such is the case.")

What's the difference between "trusting belief" (another phrase not found in the Bible) and belief? Trusting is believing/believing is trusting; so it seems that "trusting belief" would just be "believing belief", which has a sound, at least, of redundance.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
John 5:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Hoping

Banned
John 5:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
If that is only for the Jewish believes, why do they have to "endure" ?