BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

logos_x

Aimiel said:
Why create a schizophrenic housing unit? Why proclaim that a place is eternal, without any escape, and then cleanse those who end up there? It just doesn't make any sense. You have to discard too much of The Word of God to believe universalism, and I simply can't understand how anyone with any sense can be hoodwinked by it. It's foolishness.

That is precicely why He DIDN'T proclaim it an eternal place...not once!

Again you are relying on an English Translation that makes aion and it's adjectives mean eternal when the words mean an undetermined time...just like our words "eon" or "age".

Nineveh

Merely Christian
logos_x said:
Making the choice more of a no-brainer isn't force...simply forcing the issue.

As Paul said, "they are without excuse". It's a "no brainer" now.

You say that death makes all the difference. I don't.

Physical death is the limit God set. "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment"

logos_x

Nineveh said:
As Paul said, "they are without excuse". It's a "no brainer" now.

Yeah...I guess everyone is just stupid...I mean it's so obvious to everyone in the world, isn't it?

Physical death is the limit God set. "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment"

It is not the end...

Nineveh

Merely Christian
logos_x said:
That is precicely why He DIDN'T proclaim it an eternal place...not once!

Again you are relying on an English Translation that makes aion and it's adjectives mean eternal when the words mean an undetermined time...just like our words "eon" or "age".

: sings : here we go 'round the mulberry bush : / sings :

Like I said, PK thoroughly put this point to rest in the BR. If it doesn't mean forever when used in terms of hell, it doesn't anywhere else either. Personally, that one point by PK won the debate against you.

logos_x

Nineveh said:
: sings : here we go 'round the mulberry bush : / sings :

Like I said, PK thoroughly put this point to rest in the BR. If it doesn't mean forever when used in terms of hell, it doesn't anywhere else either. Personally, that one point by PK won the debate against you.

It doesn't mean eternal anywhere. I said the same thing...but He insisted it does mean eternal somewhere...it doesn't.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
logos_x said:
Yeah...I guess everyone is just stupid...I mean it's so obvious to everyone in the world, isn't it?

Paul said it was. Perhaps some folks really just don't want to be with God. Perhaps some folks really do just love themselves more than anything else. No matter how you feel about it.

It is not the end...

Nope. Some go on to die the second death, while others go on to eternal life. Wait... sorry... eternal really isn't forever.. so... some go on to live with God for a while.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
logos_x said:
It doesn't mean eternal anywhere. I said the same thing...but He insisted it does mean eternal somewhere...it doesn't.

Yeah, I know, God isn't eternal, the second death isn't eternal, God attributes are temporary... there must be a shadow of turning in Him...

Pretty sad.

logos_x

Nineveh said:
Paul said it was. Perhaps some folks really just don't want to be with God. Perhaps some folks really do just love themselves more than anything else. No matter how you feel about it.

No Paul didn't.

Nope. Some go on to die the second death, while others go on to eternal life. Wait... sorry... eternal really isn't forever.. so... some go on to live with God for a while.

According to Paul...death is the LAST enemy to be overthrown...and when death is overthrown nothing ends life.

Aion is an undetermined time. Age and ages.
The end of the ages has death destroyed, hell destroyed, disease and sin destroyed...and all the works of the enemy put away, and whosoever will is invited to drink of the water of life.

Everything is in Christ.

If that isn't universal salvation then it would be a very strange thing, indeed.

logos_x

Nineveh said:
Yeah, I know, God isn't eternal, the second death isn't eternal, God attributes are temporary... there must be a shadow of turning in Him...

Pretty sad.

Nin...God is eternal...but not because aion means eternal.
God's aion lasts forever because He is eternal...not the other way around.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
logos_x said:
No Paul didn't.

"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,..."

According to Paul...death is the LAST enemy to be overthrown...and when death is overthrown nothing ends life.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power

Rev 20 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev 21 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

I ain't even goin' there with you. If you want my replies on this point, I will point to PK's worthy responses in the BR. I don't think you would ignore me any less.

Everything is in Christ.

Sin? Immorality? InJustice? UnRighteousness?

There really must be a shadow of turning in Him. Sad.

If that isn't universal salvation then it would be a very strange thing, indeed.

According to Scriptures, saving those who refuse Christ is a strange thing. At least to Christ, John and Paul.

logos_x said:
Nin...God is eternal...but not because aion means eternal.
God's aion lasts forever because He is eternal...not the other way around.

Looks like you want it both ways. The word means what you want where you want. As I said, though, I ain't goin' down this rabbit trail with you. PK already bagged it.

logos_x

Nineveh said:
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,..."

Everyone is without excuse, Nin. That was Paul's point.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.

Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power

Rev 20 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

The last enemy that is to be overthrown is Death; for He will have put all things in subjection under His feet. And when He shall have declared that "All things are in subjection," it will be with the manifest exception of Him who has reduced them all to subjection to Him. But when the whole universe has been made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also become subject to Him who has made the universe subject to Him, in order that GOD may be all in all.
(1Co 15:26-28)

Rev 21 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

The last enemy that is to be overthrown is Death; for He will have put all things in subjection under His feet. And when He shall have declared that "All things are in subjection," it will be with the manifest exception of Him who has reduced them all to subjection to Him. But when the whole universe has been made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also become subject to Him who has made the universe subject to Him, in order that GOD may be all in all.
(1Co 15:26-28)

I ain't even goin' there with you. If you want my replies on this point, I will point to PK's worthy responses in the BR. I don't think you would ignore me any less.

PK's responses were to make aion mean eternal wherever he thinks it should mean eternal. Too bad aion doesn't mean eternal at all.

Sin? Immorality? InJustice? UnRighteousness?

There really must be a shadow of turning in Him. Sad.

None of those things remain, Nin.

According to Scriptures, saving those who refuse Christ is a strange thing. At least to Christ, John and Paul.

I never said those who refuse Christ are saved.

Looks like you want it both ways. The word means what you want where you want. As I said, though, I ain't goin' down this rabbit trail with you. PK already bagged it.

The people who say it means eternal wherever they want it to are the ones that make the words mean what they want when they want. That you think that this is a rabbit trail is the source of our differences. PK didn't bag it when it comes to the meaning of aion and its adjectives...in fact, he ignored the facts I presented on this issue completely.

red77

Nineveh said:
If you truly believed that, you wouldn't have invited me back to another dialog.

Well I said 'may well', not definitely....

This point was trounced by PK in the debate. I could force you to say "uncle" if I twisted you arm behind your back, but that doesn't make you believe in your heart that I am your uncle.

Where does it say its forced? please explain,

Until our physical death, then we are judged. Those who have rejected Christ will be judged by their own righteousness and be rewarded with their eternity away from the God they reject. Those who are in Christ will be judged by His righteousness and be rewarded with their eternity with the God they accept.

what about the ones who obviously believe in Christ but are told to depart? I guess they believed the wrong doctrine? Or is it more to do with the fact that they didnt live out the Christian ethic in their lives - feeding the hungry - clothing the needy etc, things which Christ seemed to value immensley, I doubt that things are gonna be as black and white as you wish to paint them

Please keep in mind, we are without excuse.

God knows each persons heart and why they do and think what they do, noone else does

And already all you have managed to do is ignore the Truth.

By believeing that God accomplishes his will?

Aren't parables meant to convey something? If the parts I highlighted don't really convey the Law is sufficent to bring folks to Christ, then what does it mean?

That particular parable in question taught a lesson in how to treat others, the rich man treat his brother with no compassion or charity, now unless a man can speak while he's on fire then it isnt literal, it doesnt negate people preaching the word

If you are asking me, personally, I'd rather you ditch your comfy doctrines that lead people to have a false hope they can escape the Righteous Justice of God. Try putting all the stuff you have ever heard from "some guy" out of your head and start reading in Genesis and praying to the God who inspired that Book. You might be shocked to find out God really is Just.

Oh come on, has anyone ever said that people will not receive justice? And you havent answered, why would I take your word for it that God cant accomplish his own will? I've been on the other side of the fence with this stuff Nineveh, I spent two years in a pentecostal fire and brimstone church, now....try to stop making pointless attempts at condescension and explain to me in precise terms how God cant achieve his will

red77

stipe said:
Tell PK when you have figured out who was preaching God's word and who was spreading lies via means of BRXII. I'm not responding to you anymore...

...again.

I figured it out at the time, I'm sorry you had no answer and wish to carry on believing that God cant accomplish his will

red77

Nineveh said:
If they did believe in their hearts, what would be the point in following it up by sending them to the Lake of Fire? After all to be saved, all it takes is, "...confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead..." If God is just going to force folks to believe, why wait?

Has it occurred to you that when people kneel and confess its actually done without force and willingly?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
well if they have their physical bodies back then the burning would only last as long as it would take for the flames to consume the body, I can see why you veer towards annihaltionism except it still doesnt explain how 'death' is destroyed by this same fire........
Maybe it isn't the fire that destroys death. I don't know. But, death could be a living being, so it's a possibility.

Well....not really, you've not explained as to how the pastor is wrong or at least possibly wrong and that your take is more right than his, why do you disagree with the pastor or those who believe in ET and why do you think that you are right regarding "justice"? Please give an answer
The pastor is possibly right. I never said my take was more right. I said that it seems more just to me, personally. That's all I said.

Ok - which translation is this?
Young's Literal Translation

Geez, you really do want to limit God to mans free will, if you're in a swamp and someone says to you they've got a rope would you say yes or no to them? I've heard this example from ET'ers so often but it rebounds back on them, who - once they know the truth would WANT to reject it?
No. God has His own free will. The Bible says so. As for who would want to reject it, you'd be surprised. However, at some point, even if they don't want to reject it, they won't be allowed to accept it, because they've rejected it for so long.

" Then Jesus told him, [Jesus]'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'[/Jesus]
-John 20:29

And regrettably after a session of you behaving reasonably you resort to the tried and tested ad hominem....but never mind, I dont believe its a forced confession anyway but given willingly, try reading Rev 5:13 and see what I mean
You're an idiot because you are completely misunderstood what I was saying. Either that, or you intentionally lied about, in order to discredit me. And that the ultimate in dishonesty. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you're just an idiot, instead of wicked enough to lie so maliciously.

PKevman

logos_x said:

One question that has yet to be answered. Are the Greek scholars who translated the many fine English versions of the Bible (such as the NKJV, KJV, NAS, NIV, etc....) UNQUALIFIED to translate Greek, but Universalist "scholars" that are quoted on Tentmaker.com are MORE qualified?

And in your argument in the debate you didn't say it didn't mean eternal anywhere. You have just changed your position from what was posted in the debate.....

Status
Not open for further replies.