BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

journey

We can give caino and freelight all of the rejection they can handle. They've tried nearly everything just to get people to read the introduction to the urantia garbage. I take that back - they haven't offered yet to pay people for reading the urantia UFO cult BALONEY. I think they would need a lot of money, and there would be very few takers.

Aimiel

All religious books also have the taint of human distortion via the imperfection and limitation of language, since a human medium is used in transmitting the info.....some human colouring gets involved in the communication, and naturally so. YES....even the Bible is a product of human mediums (prophets, scribes, recorders, etc.)
The Bible is NOT a lie. It is God's Word. Every single word in Scripture is Truth. Making God's Word into a lie is demonic doctrine and blasphemy. You don't believe Truth, even though every soul who wrote Scripture gave his life to pen the words. You wouldn't believe that Jesus is Lord if He rose from the dead to prove it. He did and you don't. You're lost. Repent!!!

Aimiel

You made a claim....I asked for your evidence. Where is your evidence that no extraterrestrial life exists?
You cannot prove a negative. :duh:
How do you know there are not other inhabited planets in the multiverse? What makes you think planet earth is all there is?
I don't. I am from the planet, "Heaven." One day I will return there. You'll also wish you belonged There.
There is more probability for extraterrestrial life than none....various ufo contacts and ET encounters also indicating such.
If there were ANY contact that was real, we'd already have more proof than is necessary. There isn't ANY PROOF, since all UFO 'contact' is fake.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Repeat..........

Repeat..........

We can give caino and freelight all of the rejection they can handle. They've tried nearly everything just to get people to read the introduction to the urantia garbage. I take that back - they haven't offered yet to pay people for reading the urantia UFO cult BALONEY. I think they would need a lot of money, and there would be very few takers.

I openly challenge any reader to read my dialogues with you, to be intellectually honest with my presentations and proposals. I challenged you in the charter UB thread to read the first 5 papers so you could be properly educated(informed) about the material in order to 'discuss' it, but you REFUSE. You are the one retarding any real discussion here, and have only your presumptions with various strawmen and red herrings thrown in. This is all you have. Beyond that, zip. Since your unqualified to discuss the material on these grounds, you have no practical purpose here but to marginalize and condescend.

Asking that you learn the material first before criticizing it, is a fair and intelligent request. This has nothing to do with trying to convert you to the truth of the material, but to show you what it is actually communicating, on the nature of God, His relationship to individuals and to the universe,....basic fundamentals....so those can be discussed, showing the many 'similarities' and 'differences' between traditional Christian theology and UB theology. You continue to refuse the basic requirements of an intelligent discussion by choosing to be IGNORANT.

Those reading along are just as much engaged in this discussion, so they may be getting much more than you out of this. It matters not, since its information that any can investigate for themselves, if interested in learning. Hence while our continued 'exchange' is more or less redundant and circular,...the enterprise of true research is worth such, if any would gain anything of value from the dialogue. In that interest I continue forward....

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What a joy......

What a joy......

The Bible is NOT a lie. It is God's Word. Every single word in Scripture is Truth. Making God's Word into a lie is demonic doctrine and blasphemy.

My original statement quoted in post# 543 stands. Anything coming thru human 'mediums' suffers some distortion or colouring thru that human channel. There is still the distortion of language and translation, then 'interpretation'. All is 'relative' within these various 'contexts'. Your going on about 'God's word' or 'demonic doctrine' are your own 'concepts'. 'Blasphemy'? - get a chuckle out of that one,..since you make your own 'golden calf' and then get 'perky' if anyone threatens to topple it.

You don't believe Truth, even though every soul who wrote Scripture gave his life to pen the words.

Hmmm,...a stretch there, if some of that material is 'religious fiction' or ideas created more or less by the scribes. If there are religious writings that were penned by persons valiant and true to sharing truth, then such is commendable. The test of that 'truth' is in the content of the material however.

You wouldn't believe that Jesus is Lord if He rose from the dead to prove it. He did and you don't.

Well, if were going by the UB, it emphatically teaches the resurrection of Jesus, so not sure where you're going with that assumption :idunno:

You're lost. Repent!!!

Actually Im quite 'found' if you like to call it that, but I'm beyond any concept of 'lost' or 'found',....I just AM :) - all else here is a play of words. As far as 'repentance' goes,.....it has its place....for we must often 'change our minds' about things and continually 'adjust' our views as the spirit of truth guides us towards a better understanding.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
If there were ANY contact that was real, we'd already have more proof than is necessary. There isn't ANY PROOF, since all UFO 'contact' is fake.

There is plenty of evidence of something going on concerning the UFO phenomena and ET contacts,....records, reports, eye-witness testimonies, etc. You'd have to prove your statement that ALL UFO contacts are 'fake'....being up against all the available evidence or support that would tend to support there is something to it. This is another field of study in and of itself. We touch on some of it in 'The Disclosure Project' thread.

pj

Aimiel

There is plenty of evidence of something going on concerning the UFO phenomena and ET contacts,....records, reports, eye-witness testimonies, etc. You'd have to prove your statement that ALL UFO contacts are 'fake'....being up against all the available evidence or support that would tend to support there is something to it. This is another field of study in and of itself. We touch on some of it in 'The Disclosure Project' thread.
You should know as well as I do that a negative cannot be proven. There is NO PROOF of UFO's. There is fakery and pretend, just like the UB is a fake pretend Bible, but there is NO PROOF. If there were, there would be more photos, video, scraps, a saucer or other shaped spacecraft. Obviously little green men are only in movies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

pj

The Urantia Book and UFOs are inseparable!!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I openly challenge any reader to read my dialogues with you, to be intellectually honest with my presentations and proposals. I challenged you in the charter UB thread to read the first 5 papers so you could be properly educated(informed) about the material in order to 'discuss' it, but you REFUSE. You are the one retarding any real discussion here, and have only your presumptions with various strawmen and red herrings thrown in. This is all you have. Beyond that, zip. Since your unqualified to discuss the material on these grounds, you have no practical purpose here but to marginalize and condescend.

Asking that you learn the material first before criticizing it, is a fair and intelligent request. This has nothing to do with trying to convert you to the truth of the material, but to show you what it is actually communicating, on the nature of God, His relationship to individuals and to the universe,....basic fundamentals....so those can be discussed, showing the many 'similarities' and 'differences' between traditional Christian theology and UB theology. You continue to refuse the basic requirements of an intelligent discussion by choosing to be IGNORANT.

Those reading along are just as much engaged in this discussion, so they may be getting much more than you out of this. It matters not, since its information that any can investigate for themselves, if interested in learning. Hence while our continued 'exchange' is more or less redundant and circular,...the enterprise of true research is worth such, if any would gain anything of value from the dialogue. In that interest I continue forward....

pj

There's no better 'waste of time' other than reading through the Urantia (UFO) Book!

Aimiel

Anything coming thru human 'mediums' suffers some distortion or colouring thru that human channel.
Not true. When God speaks through a prophet, every single word is exactly what God is saying. It is actually Him speaking through the prophet. He loans his body to The Lord for the speaking or writing.
There is still the distortion of language and translation, then 'interpretation'.
This is the stuff that controversy is made of. It's how The Lord holds the interest of the entire earth.
All is 'relative' within these various 'contexts'.
:blabla: That sentence is meaningless, just like the majority of your posts.
Your going on about 'God's word' or 'demonic doctrine' are your own 'concepts'.
You can think that, but the Truth is eternal. Your decisions about what you do with that Truth weigh heavily upon your eternal destiny.
Hmmm,...a stretch there, if some of that material is 'religious fiction' or ideas created more or less by the scribes.
God has not allowed a single letter, syllable, word or sentence to be added or withdrawn. You simply don't believe His Word.
If there are religious writings that were penned by persons valiant and true to sharing truth, then such is commendable.
The authors of The Holy Scriptures were tools in the Hands of The Master Author. God made use of willing vessels.
Well, if were going by the UB, it emphatically teaches the resurrection of Jesus, so not sure where you're going with that assumption
It teaches that His Blood is worthless. You trample His Blood under your feet to promote the doctrines of demons called: "Urantia."
Actually Im quite 'found' if you like to call it that, but I'm beyond any concept of 'lost' or 'found',....I just AM :) - all else here is a play of words.
No, you're lost, miserable, blind, poor and naked. Your lack of consciousness of these Truths doesn't change them.
As far as 'repentance' goes,.....it has its place....for we must often 'change our minds' about things and continually 'adjust' our views as the spirit of truth guides us towards a better understanding.
You have yet to listen to The Spirit of Truth, Who speaks through me, so what makes you think you'd recognize Him if He spoke amidst the plethora of demon spirits you're familiar with? You wouldn't, you'd call Him a liar, just like you do when He speaks to you through my words.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Order of events to bring about the "Urantia Book;"

1) The "supposed" celestial beings chose a particular "human conduit!"
2) As this "chosen one" was in a deep sleep the "celestial beings" spoke
through him!
3) A secretary wrote down all that they had to impart to this planet!
4) A book was compiled, which resulted in "The Urantia Book!"

So, as you can see, this 'cult' had its beginnings in the occult! As a result,
a number of very naive, ignorant, needy, and easily persuaded people
placed all their faith in this "mystical work!" It originated in 1955, around
the same time as Scientology! The 50s gave us; Rock and Roll, the Hula
Hoop, Scientology, and the Urantia Book!

journey

pj

I thought that I made it obviously clear that I don't spend my time reading garbage like the urantia UFO CULT material. I don't go wading in the sewer for the same reason. I hope this is clear enough, but I fully expect you to continue to encourage me to study the urantia garbage. It's NOT going to happen, and I doubt that very FEW will take your offer - maybe NOBODY. In other words, you are wasting your time trying to sell SEWAGE.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Moving on..............

Moving on..............

I thought that I made it obviously clear that I don't spend my time reading garbage like the urantia UFO CULT material. I don't go wading in the sewer for the same reason. I hope this is clear enough, but I fully expect you to continue to encourage me to study the urantia garbage. It's NOT going to happen, and I doubt that very FEW will take your offer - maybe NOBODY. In other words, you are wasting your time trying to sell SEWAGE.

Ok. More trash talk. Why don't you leave? If you continue to misrepresent the facts, you'll be called out on it...this is why I've responded to your allegations, in the interest of truth. Its fine if you don't believe in the origin, doctrine and other new revelations contained in the papers, but to misrepresent the facts on certain particulars is disingenuous.

You could actually engage in a 'creative dialogue', but haven't showed that skill-set as of yet. You've only shown yourself her to TRASH and marginalize the subject....over and over. Likening the religious teachings and principles expounded in the UB to 'garbage' would be to denigrate the principles of your own religion (the moral/ethical precepts and exaltation of true values, meanings, truth, goodness, beauty, etc.), since it is the same in essence, but with newer innovations and revelation from a cosmos-perspective. The UB expands on all previous religious dispensations and integrates, uplifts and reveals a fuller presentation of them with the embodiment of the highest truth and perfection revealed in Jesus, as Jesus revealed/reveals God to us. Further study of 'Christology' in the UB sheds more light here.

If you harnessed the energy of your disdain and bigotry into more positive channels like real exploration, genuine research into ideas, concepts, possibilities outside of your narrow religious-belief system ....you might discover something new and wonderful, some threshold of progressive revelation.

This thread is just a mirror, a platform or catalyst for discussion. With over 2,000 pages of information, there is plenty to discuss, and primarily the subject of religion, which is one of its majors.

Also, not selling anything. Exploring, discussing, considering, expounding, observing, speculating, postulating...yes...that's what I'm about. As far as NOBODY reading the UB,....there are thousands of readers of the UB and some have been readers for decades. You apparently are not up with the times, or the various UB related associations or networks around the globe. So, whether you accept it or not, or even if I did not care to discuss the UB again (or read if for that matter),...it would continue to be read and studied by hundreds of devoted and curious students. The printing press goes on....so does freedom of religion. Religious books will be continue in production and readership....and the communities that grow up along side those productions or spring up later around them. Such is life.....

pj

journey

freelight,

I'm NOT leaving - why don't you leave? You and caino are stuck with me as long as you try to sell the urantia UFO garbage on TOL. I've told you MANY times that I'm not going to spend any time with the urantia papers. Why don't you mark that down in your book as a fact and stop asking me to study what I consider to be SEWAGE? You're wasting your time, and you're certainly wasting bandwidth on TOL. People read the urantia thread for a circus-like value - as in side show for laughs.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The UB teaches doing the will of God is the most important thing...it ensures eternal survival and immortality of the soul. Ego is not to be unduly worshipped, only the Father is worthy of such.

Life includes all. Jesus is God incarnate in the UB...but you'd need to understand how by learning. The 'bestowal' of Jesus is indeed a wonderful and holy mystery. You apparently need to research your concept of 'urantia theory' to see if its an accurate analysis. Read the thread if interested and access teaching portals....its free. The only cost is your time to research. Earning is part of learning. Education is key.

Im having fun with a holistic theology, all-inclusive :)

You're at one point along a long path of evolution....so can only see a narrow sliver at the moment. The 'sliver' does not represent the whole being only a part of it. There is always more.

I'd include online reading/studies as well.....get a kindle :) im typing this now on my 3rd gen. Kindle fire. I prefer my desktop at home...being commander at the terminal....but visiting a friend out of town. I love paper books too....got a library.....but e-books expand your access.

Im quite flexible....firm in certain fundamentals. Its mostly newbies assuming im a UB enthusiast only....just because I post in that thread alot serving as an expositor. It a good synthesizer of religion, science and philosophy....hence my exploring the concepts share. Most of my older threads were deleted in system purges....only have a few extant ones. See here.

pj

it's funny that you think i was showing interest in urantia when in reality i was trying to get you back to the Bible. i was being nice and friendly and telling you you're wrong.

i changed you long ago on FB when it became clear of your true agenda here. don't confuse my genuine concern and friendship as acceptance of ANYTHING organtia. Costanza ! -

i really do just see you as an oddity now, but i also see you attempting to lead others astray from the Word of God, because you have "Papers" ? Playoffs ? i take you lightly, others do not. does God think it's funny ?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No agenda, other than what is shared......

No agenda, other than what is shared......

it's funny that you think i was showing interest in urantia when in reality i was trying to get you back to the Bible. i was being nice and friendly and telling you you're wrong.

I take dialogues as they come, and let them flow as they will. Whatever our first discussions consisted of in the UB thread upon our first meetings are what they are.

i changed you long ago on FB when it became clear of your true agenda here.

My 'true agenda' here is articulated in my own words, which can be found amply everywhere. As far as any FB correspondence, any are welcome to chat with me there, I'm ever available for free and open discussion. I have no agenda, but to share knowledge, information, experience and engage in 'creative dialogue'. This has been my MO for years here. No surprises for those who know me.

don't confuse my genuine concern and friendship as acceptance of ANYTHING organtia. Costanza ! -

Oh, I don't,...but not quite getting some of your 'code words'.

i really do just see you as an oddity now, but i also see you attempting to lead others astray from the Word of God, because you have "Papers" ?

I've never attempted to lead others away from 'God', as if that was possible, since 'God' is a universal and omnipresent reality. The Urantia Papers are an expanded revelation adding onto past religious truths and dispensations as a fuller revelation. That's its claim, not mine. As I've shared before,...I study many different teachings and religious texts,....it just so happens that the UB threads are getting more attention, so I've engaged the discussions there as one informed and qualified to do so, by my own knowledge of the text (however limited) and how I can relate/correlate such with other religious/spiritual teachings. I serve as explorer, writer, expositor, expounder, shaman, priest, poet. This is all a creative writing exercise,...and adventure in consciousness. That's it!

i take you lightly, others do not.

That depends on if they're 'lightweights' or 'heavyweights' :crackup:

does God think it's funny ?

Depends one what 'God' or whose 'God' you're talking about ;)

Joy and laughter is a good thing.

pj