BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

Aimiel

It is false from an UB perspective, and I make my case why in my posts which any can inspect for themselves.
But your arguments don't hold water.
Your semantics above is what brings in unnecessary associations, since no UFOs are indicated with the UB in any way.
That simply isn't true.
The celestial beings authoring various parts of the papers are not 'aliens' as we imagine in pop-culture...but celestial ministers from various orders from the spirit-world, angels, etc.
Indeed, they ARE angels: fallen ones. They are NOT of this world, since angels are from Heaven. :duh:
No human or humanoid like beings from other planets were involved in the writing of the papers....so no 'aliens' in that sense.
I never accused them of being 'humanoid.' Just UFO people, since they are not of this earth.
If you want to study UFOlogy you'll have to go elsewhere...there are other threads on that.
Why on earth would I want to do that? Everyone knows there are no aliens.
I grow somewhat tired of having to repeat myself on these matters, when people can research my commentary and links to further explanations already said.
If you'll correct yourself, you won't have to listen to so many people trying to teach you what actually IS correct.
Doctrinal issues concerning UB principles have been hashed out before on the main thread, so perhaps a different direction can be explored in these dialogues of a beneficial nature....creatively and kindly.
If I've been the least bit un-kind I apologize, but I won't sugar-coat the Truth.
The UB is not my primary focus, it so happens to be with high activity of antagonists and my correcting misrepresentations.
That's what I'm here for, too. Difference is: I represent God while the UB represents Jebus, a false god.

Aimiel

I don't have to, but obviously you have no coherent argument against any of my other points, so thanks for that, at least.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I don't have to, but obviously you have no coherent argument against any of my other points, so thanks for that, at least.

You made a claim....I asked for your evidence. Where is your evidence that no extraterrestrial life exists? How do you know there are not other inhabited planets in the multiverse? What makes you think planet earth is all there is? There is more probability for extraterrestrial life than none....various ufo contacts and ET encounters also indicating such. See my 'Disclosure Project' thread.

Your other arguments I've treated quite coherently, we'll let readers weigh the evidence and do their own research on these matters.

pj

Lon

~*~*~

Hello all,

Most of GM's rants about the Urantia Papers are unfounded and built on ignorance and presumption. ....Its authors or 'interpreters' identify themselves as various celestial personalities (angelics) and NOT 'aliens' as usually typified in the minds of pop-culture.

Ufology is a separate field of study itself. ...sentient life on other planets thru-out the Universe of universes, that some have labeled it 'The Alien Bible'. ...the 'seeding' of life, biologic enhancement of species, may correlate with some theories associated with 'alien' visitation to our planet....
I'm not seeing a correction. I'm actually seeing corroboration :noway:

...but the UB as a whole gives no info. on UFO's or 'aliens' as they've been defined by current day modern pop-culture and the modern day 'ET-contactee' scenarios.

pj
Further, the correlation is that one who believes strongly in UFO's, ALSO believes in the legitimacy of the Ur-Papers, such that GM is calling them both into question at the same time.

Example: If I came onto TOL and said I believe Santa Claus is real (St. Nicholas is/was), and that I'd seen the Easter Bunny, by association, both are questionable with sufficient reason for doubt. It depends on one's understanding/acceptance. If someone believe UFO's are a hoax, you have little hope of presenting Urantia in the next breath as legitimate, or bigfoot either. Make sense?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If someone believe UFO's are a hoax, you have little hope of presenting Urantia in the next breath as legitimate, or bigfoot either. Make sense?
Yes.

Given the account of the fall, the entire created universe is tainted by original sin.

Since Christ is fully God and fully man, the God-man, only mankind could be redeemed. There are not a collection of God-Xs sitting at the right hand of God the Father in glorified bodies made up of God-man, God-Vulcan, God-Klingon, etc.

If there are aliens, they could not be redeemed, or possess souls as we understand the term from Scripture.

So, for me, the only conclusion is that any aliens on other planets, if they existed, would be malevolent beings, that is demons.

Arguing from the position that the universe seems to be a whole lot of wasted space, ignores the centricity of the earth in creation (Genesis 1:14 and forward), or the Psalmist's declaration that the universe is the means by which God declares His glorious infinitude (Psalm 19).

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes.

Given the account of the fall, the entire created universe is tainted by original sin.

Since Christ is fully God and fully man, the God-man, only mankind could be redeemed. There are not a collection of God-Xs sitting at the right hand of God the Father in glorified bodies made up of God-man, God-Vulcan, God-Klingon, etc.

If there are aliens, they could not be redeemed, or possess souls as we understand the term from Scripture.

So, for me, the only conclusion is that any aliens on other planets, if they existed, would be malevolent beings, that is demons.

Arguing from the position that the universe seems to be a whole lot of wasted space, ignores the centricity of the earth in creation (Genesis 1:14 and forward), or the Psalmist's declaration that the universe is the means by which God declares His glorious infinitude (Psalm 19).

AMR

I believe you're right! It could be that UFOs are demonic, as well?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
exactly, where did the book come from. start by explaining that, otherwise it IS fiction. something to entertain and imagine perhaps, not to "believe" and follow. what is the group ? a fan club ? a church of some kind ? i saw something about "celestials" ? another word for "being", alien ? angels ? where was the UB, when was it written, who wrote it, where were they from ? i asked those questions months ago to freelight & caino, i think they just refer to a link. i didn't click, if somebody can't tell me a basic foundation, why would i click a link ? if UB was a "lost" book or in any way relevant to God or Jesus, i would have heard of it. not interested, i'll stick with Jean Luke Picard -

View attachment 19595

Lon

I'll stick with Jean Luke Picard -
Galaxy Quest:
[Sarris forces Jason to tell Mathesar he's an actor on a TV show]
Jason Nesmith: I'm not a commander. There's no "National Space Exploration Administration." We don't have a ship.
Mathesar: [looking at TV screen] But there it is...
Jason Nesmith: [gesturing with his fingers] The ship is that big.
Mathesar: But inside, I see many rooms.
Jason Nesmith: You've seen plywood sets that look like the inside. Our beryllium sphere is... is wire with plaster around it. And our digital conveyor is... it's Christmas tree lights. It's a decoration. It's all fake. Just like me.

[Trying to explain Television to the Thermians]
Gwen DeMarco: They're not ALL "historical documents." Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a...
[All the Thermians moan in despair]
Mathesar: Those poor people!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
If you really want to know........

If you really want to know........

I'm not seeing a correction. I'm actually seeing corroboration :noway:

If interested in the greater truth of the matter, you need to read my total response to GM and investigate the links, which prove my points sufficiently, as well as give any one interested the resources to see the similiarities between traditional Christian theology and UB cosmology/theology. Thats for starters,..if you don't do that, there isn't much point in continuing discussion, since you will be ignorant of the fundamentals and important concepts.

I wont stand by and let ignorant remarks and misrepresentation go on, when there are facts that disprove those assumptions. The UB is sometimes lumped into being a UFO cult, but no UFOs were involved in the materialization of the papers, neither are UFO's discussed in the papers (the UB includes 196 papers, which are like 'chapters'). That's the truth. A person can ignore that fact and go on and on with false identifications and presumptions such as GM, whose wily ways and dramafied posting antics are already well known, to which he exaggerates and uses mock-comedy comments to his ego's content.

However, as I've shared and addressed in all my posts expounding on the papers,...you can use your intelligence and take my explanations for what they are worth and how they relate to whatever subject we are discussing. GM, journey, Aimiel and other people pot-shotting the UB, denouncing it as 'garbage', 'demonic', 'satanic', etc.....without intending to carry on an intelligent discussion, only muddy the waters, while discussing valid religious concepts and philosophy are the preferred way to go about it. My response to GM in this thread and many places elsewhere STAND, on the subject of the UB. take it or leave it. - be ignorant or know the facts, evaluate the info....then you can make an informed analysis of the material.

Further, the correlation is that one who believes strongly in UFO's, ALSO believes in the legitimacy of the Ur-Papers, such that GM is calling them both into question at the same time.

I've had a 'ET Theology' thread in the past (wonderful thread with lots of info. dealing primarily with spiritual teachings from ET contacts), and have currently 'The Disclosure Project' thread in the Politics section, dealing mostly with 'exopolitics',....the event if/when we would have to deal diplomatically with ET visiters or any inter-planetary associations/trade...or merging of our culture with off-planet cultures. This thread naturally deals with UFO's, secret technology, free-energy systems, etc....as Steve Greer heads the organization known as 'The Disclosure Project' where government employees and associates have come forward with testimony of ET related contacts, technology or associations within the government. People can poo poo UFOs but there is always more about the subject, with many implications and possibilities for our planet, and life on other worlds.

Example: If I came onto TOL and said I believe Santa Claus is real (St. Nicholas is/was), and that I'd seen the Easter Bunny, by association, both are questionable with sufficient reason for doubt. It depends on one's understanding/acceptance. If someone believe UFO's are a hoax, you have little hope of presenting Urantia in the next breath as legitimate, or bigfoot either. Make sense?

I see what your saying (but still stretching correlaries), but GM is falsely representing and making a continual mockery of myself, Caino and Zeke being UFO nuts, when this is NOT true of the collective. Associating UFOs with the UB is a false and only indirectly assumed 'association' because it speaks of inhabited worlds and expounds a super-cosmology-construct of the Master Universe, with many worlds with life evolving on them. But NO UFOs' are mentioned or revealed in the Revelation itself. Nowhere.

So,...you can call the UB a UFO related or 'UFO Cult' (it is something associated with being one online or elsewhere), but that is not the whole truth, and isn't the truth at all. So its ridiculous, unjustified and simply WRONG to keep making UFO jokes towards any UB readers, since not all UB readers even believe in UFOs, while some might. Its incoincidental, and only relative if one has branched out more openly to investigate the entire field of ET or angelic contacts). Its simply mock-jock antics and buffoonery, and I call it for what it is.

That's the brass tacks here, if the UB is to be truthfully examined, while its points on religion, philosophy and science are fully open for discussion. That's all I've ever been on that thread, an expositer or expounder, relating various ideals, concepts, doctrines within Judeo-Christianity or universal principles therein, since the UB includes those yet expands on those, having its own interpretation and 'view' of things. An open discussion, then accepting to agree or disagree after dialoguing on the various points is all that I expect, in a civil respectful manner, addressing the text itself, and what is actually being 'communicated'. Ive been over this over and over on the thread. I know that might be too much to ask for for some folks, but that's a sound intelligent reasonable way to go about it. The UB is a treasure-trove of info. that can be a platform to discuss concepts of religion and philosophy, in a greater revealed cosmology and the ascension-plan of souls, a creative expansion on the subjects, having fun discussing it.

I also might add, this confusion and misrepresentation on GM's part is further skewed, in that Caino does not expressly believe or focus on any UFO's in his theology or belief in God, his world-view being more spiritualist, as the UB describes,....all souls going on along a program of eternal progression, to higher realms ultimately towards the Universal Father. No UFOs or tin foil hats there needed. Also, Zeke is not even a UB enthusiast, neither has he read a lot of the UB at all, but shares his esoteric/symbolic perspectives from a universal point of view, concerning all religious memes, mythos or symbols, in their allegorical and archetypal meanings, translating those to what transpires on an inner level in the human soul,....the outward stories and myths being a 'literal' representation of what goes on within, the psychological/spiritual experience of life revealed in literal terms. Such is the esoteric, metaphysical or 'mythicist' perspective, not taking the literal for being necessarily true or historical, but only allegories. As far as Zeke's belief in UFO's I've never discussed such with him in depth, so this lumping myself, Caino and Zeke into a UFO cult is LAUGHABLE at best.

Again,...the field of Ufology and ET contacts is a separate study in itself. The ignorance continues by the nay-sayers since they have not even gained a precursory knowledge or familiarity with the UB itself, its cosmology, theology, Christology, eschatology, etc,....which is unique in itself, although sharing much of the same values, meanings and ethics of Chrsitianity, of course,..but in a greater cosmological context of newer revelation, depth of insight and profundity.

Any conservative Christian is free to reject such, but its fair for him to at least learn what the UB is, its general teachings, the presentation from official UB representatives (like the Urantia Foundation, UB Fellowship, etc.), the actual reading/considering of the text,...so one can then intelligently address and discuss it. Again, this is the logical, just, reasonable thing to do, if you're going to critique, judge or expound upon any subject the text is describing, explaining or teaching. Such are basic requirements for a discussion on the subject or subjects involved.

Anyways, at this point,...I'm treating most my explorations as a journey of creative writing......all are free to get back to whatever subjects related to 'religion' interest you. Have at it :surf:

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Not buying the 'demon' card..........

Not buying the 'demon' card..........

Yes.

Original Sin is a belief, and is challenged and rejected by some bible believers. That's another topic. So,...its possible this 'belief' or 'concept' can be dismissed.

I don't think it necessarily follows that just because Jesus is assumed to be 'God-man' who took on a human-flesh-body on this world,...that that somehow means only we (the humans on this planet) can be saved. God's universal love and saving grace can encompass many inhabited worlds, and there could be worlds that have not been tainted by sin and the Lucifer Rebellion like our world was, so would not need the same 'salvation-methods' or 'recovery-plans' as Earth. This is expounded on in the UB.

Challenging the assumptions above, this could questioned as well. If there are humanoids or human-type species on other planets in various universes (the UB tells of there being 7 Superuniverses that encircle the Isle of Paradise, where God resides, and each Superuniverse has trillions of planets, millions of those inhabited). So, with an expanded cosmic revelation of the inhabited cosmos, you have measures and provisions given by the celestial governments and Ancients of days, concerning the administration of each local universe. Again, this is all very detailed in the UB....extensively. Also the various orders of angels, divine sons, cosmic beings, spirit-ministers, etc. Its a very consistent work, intricately detailed.

Well,..there again, we have the debatable points above to consider which may render your 'conclusion' impartial, incomplete or plain wrong....as well as the option, that you or anyone just doesn't really know (agnostic position), beyond what other info. or facts can be ascertained, or what logic, reason or spiritual intelligence we can apply from within or from revealed texts on the matter.

I find it somewhat odd that anyone would automatically assume that if there are other planets with human-type species and life-forms living/evolving,...that these 'beings' would be 'demons' unreasonable. The assumption can only be made from various presuppositions, preconceptions which determine one's conclusion on the matter, before it can be totally considered on all points. See the set up? its already pre-figured.

Eh,...ok. I wouldn't argue that the universe has wasted space, but that there is the probability/likelihood of vast reservoirs of potentialized space out there, being the womb of creation, where universes are being evolved, worlds formed, life cultivated and allowed to be inhabited on various globes, since the Creator's nature is to create, expand, distribute, experientialize, express, differentiate and multiple itself, as we see in the laws of Nature,....via birth, death, rebirth. All life is in 'progressive evolution'. If the UB claims there are millions of worlds in the various universes in the cosmos that are inhabited and have evolutionary mortals on them, living and progressing along their life paths towards spiritual perfection and reunion with the Universal Father,...and a plan is laid out and detailed in various papers which appear consistent in their presentation, it certainly opens up the mind to the possibility and even probability that this could be. Its something to consider, whether you believe it or not, or take no position or further interest in the subject.

pj

Lon

If interested in the greater truth of the matter, you need to read my total response to GM and investigate the links, which prove my points sufficiently, as well as give any one interested the resources to see the similiarities between traditional Christian theology and UB cosmology/theology. Thats for starters,..if you don't do that, there isn't much point in continuing discussion, since you will be ignorant of the fundamentals and important concepts.

pj
I'm the one who read clips to you in the UB thread, remember? You said 'not the best choices' or near the effect. There really is a huge difference. I can't explain that to you other than that the UB completely misses the point. You can't have "Jesus' teenage years" as a subject because such isn't why He came. If you don't get that, it is really about the difference between spiritual and carnal. The carnal mind cannot apprehend the things of the spirit, because they are spiritually discerned. There is no way the Ur- can possibly be on par. The Bible isn't just a good idea. Jesus says He is the ONLY Way Truth, and Life.

It really amounts to believing or disbelieving Him and in those pages is where this was/is settled for all of us.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The "Urantia Book" in a nutshell!

Long ago a group of 'Cosmic Entities" decided that, The Bible didn't
include all of the essential materials that these 'Cosmic Creatures'
felt, should have been added to the original Scriptures! So, they got
together and decided to choose a, human conduit which they could
speak through, and get their "message" out to all of us 'earthlings!'

They searched planet earth and finally found someone that they could
speak through! They felt that the, "whole truth" needed to be told.
That truth being; "The Bible wasn't speaking the 'whole' truth."

They needed to make their own additions to what was left out by God.
The way they went about this was, through the "Chosen Conduit," who
would fall into a deep sleep, and the 'cosmic entities' were able to speak
through him, while a human secretary sat patiently by the bedside and
wrote down everything the 'entities' said!

This is how, "The Urantia Book" came about! Urantia, was the 'cosmic
masters' name for Earth!

According to the Urantian believers, there are several beings who hold
different positions in the Universe, and they are actually in control of
planet Earth. There names and positions in the Universe are known
by adherents of this prestigious "Cosmic Order!" You may find out
this information simply by asking those, in the know! The following
posters are 'privy' to this information;

1) Caino
2) Freelight

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I understand, Freelight is in possession of an actual "Cosmic Spacecraft!" (UFO)
Supposedly, he's been seen entering the craft and visiting other worlds beyond
our own? I also understand he is in constant communication with alien beings.
They discuss, worldly concerns together!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One particular alien, named Frank has been seen dining out with Caino, and
discussing some very secretive plans about creating, "Special Resorts" where
alien visitors could come and enjoy planet earth with complete anonymity?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Progressive revelation.......

Progressive revelation.......

I'm the one who read clips to you in the UB thread, remember? You said 'not the best choices' or near the effect. There really is a huge difference. I can't explain that to you other than that the UB completely misses the point. You can't have "Jesus' teenage years" as a subject because such isn't why He came.

Yes, but random 'clips' and probably ones you found a bit 'out there', DO NOT represent the UB as a whole, since its over 2,00 pages of material on many different subjects. A basic reading of the first 5 papers is a good intro. to the fundamental theology, then it expands in detail from there.

Frankly,...while I find the Jesus material interesting (Part 4 covers every year of Jesus life),...its not my focus,...and as I've shared before, even if you read some parts as 'religious fiction' of varying insight and inspiration,....then go ahead,....since some parts speak more profoundly than others, such as the wonderful cosmology, the ascension plan of progressing mortals, the nature of God, origin of the Grand Universe and all expanding universes, the Paradise Trinity, the many orders of cosmic beings, divine Sons, angels; the concept of the 'Thought-adjuster' (the indwelling Father-fragment which is 'pre-personal' and 'pure spirit'), the concept of 'God the Supreme' being an evolutionary aspect of God that grows/evolves with the total evolution of creation, to form its own entity in a sense,...the interesting concept of 'personality' and how such is a gift of the Universal Father and how it exists as a dynamic element within the soul, how it interacts with the Spirit, how it can become immortalized, when it chooses to fuse with the thought-adjuster within (earning eternal life by free will choosing), and how that some souls can choose soul-death (disintegration, the 'second death', extinction). There is so much the papers cover, than just to look at a few odd parts (I've discovered some myself) and toss the whole thing out. Its much more extensive, and some parts are unique and special unto themselves, just like other religious books or formats.

All religious books also have the taint of human distortion via the imperfection and limitation of language, since a human medium is used in transmitting the info.....some human colouring gets involved in the communication, and naturally so. YES....even the Bible is a product of human mediums (prophets, scribes, recorders, etc.) This goes for other religious books, including the UB. However, the UB is different in the way it was 'transmitted' which is a mystery, although some details are known. In the end, it is the content we evaluate, what it communicates.

If interested, find a paper that interests you, to see if it resonates as true, valid or insightful. If we are talking about the UB, then knowledge of it is essential in the discussion, otherwise we're presuming a lot, with open gaps of ignorance to hang a lot of assumptions. What I find baffling is that the text, clear explanations of origin, history, table of contents, and other pertinent info...is available ONLINE, and specifically linked, if any care to be informed.

If you don't get that, it is really about the difference between spiritual and carnal. The carnal mind cannot apprehend the things of the spirit, because they are spiritually discerned.

The UB goes into great detail about how the soul and spirit work with the indwelling adjuster, and its common knowledge that spiritual things are spiritually discerned. We agree.

There is no way the Ur- can possibly be on par. The Bible isn't just a good idea. Jesus says He is the ONLY Way Truth, and Life.

If you want to discuss the UB begin with the first 5 papers, or whatever part interests you. This isn't about comparing the Bible and the UB, so that's just a projection, as if one has to be wholly true and the other a fabrication. Each dispensation of revelation or knowledge has its own content and offerings,....this is logical in 'progressive revelation'.

Quoting John 14:6 ("I am the way") doesn't necessarily prove anything absolutely, it merely relates Jesus telling a person or group of people something about himself...being a revelation of the Father, his representation. Since the Father indwelt him, and he abided in the Father (universal Spirit-presence)...to behold Jesus was indeed, to behold God, AS Jesus was the embodiment of divinity and revealing God to the world. The UB wholly affirms both the humanity and divinity of Jesus, as our 'Creator Son' (yes,...it heralds the reality of the 'incarnation' but calls it a 'bestowal'),...who came to reveal God and proclaim the goodnews of the sonship of all men under the Fatherhood of God. This is all explained in the papers and on the appropriate thread. Much of Part 4 accepts much of the synoptic gospel accounts, but adds some or corrects some parts. The ethical, spiritual and moral teachings are essentially the same, yet further expounded on. Of course new terms and concept in the UB must be understood to get the bigger picture relative to the entire presentation.

It really amounts to believing or disbelieving Him and in those pages is where this was/is settled for all of us.

Its not an 'either/or' situation comparing the Bible with the newer UB revelation,....its a 'both/and'.....since both have their offerings and revelational content,....one is older, the other newer. The 'Christian Bible' itself proclaims itself a believer in 'progressive revelation', since it includes the Jewish OT, then ADDS its own NT to the collection,...forming its own book. Of course no traditional-orthodox Jew includes or accepts the NT being ADDED to their holy book. But there you go.

If you believe you can put 'God' in a box, and Jesus in a 'mold', that's your prerogative, but I see 'God' as being much more, and also a progressive revelation, a continual unfolding of the INFINITE. Ongoing creation and ongoing revelation. Assuming all of God's revelation or truth is 'settled'(total finalized forever) or codified in a book or collection of books is rather constraining, since you cant ever put or limit 'God' to a book, and the UB admits it is limited to its own dispensation as given in the 20th century to last several centuries or a millennium, but that in the ongoing tide of spiritual progress and human need...other dispensations of revelation will come. And naturally so, as the law of progress continues.....

pj

Lon

All religious books also have the taint of human distortion via the imperfection and limitation of language, since a human medium is used in transmitting the info.....some human colouring gets involved in the communication, and naturally so. YES....even the Bible is a product of human mediums (prophets, scribes, recorders, etc.) This goes for other religious books, including the UB. However, the UB is different in the way it was 'transmitted' which is a mystery, although some details are known. In the end, it is the content we evaluate, what it communicates.

pj

:nono: You simply MUST understand that for fundamentalists, this kind of liberalism is inexcusable. I understand you MUST embrace it and do, or you couldn't say what you do. The paradigm shift creates an incredibly large chasm that cannot be breached. In a nutshell: EVERY religion is man's attempt to reach God. The scriptures are God's way of reaching man, and in that, is quite exclusive of all other contenders. It doesn't matter if you personally buy that or not. The rest of Christendom, even in many liberal circles, does. I don't know why you oddly chose a fundamental website for your venturing. Surely you must know the chasm is very wide. Maybe you thrive on this kind of rejection :idunno: