boycott the NFL

Interplanner

:BRAVO: NFL

:mock: Trump

Kapernick may not be a national hero but Trump's comments were awful. And I find it funny that he has spurred even more players to protest. It may only be for this one week but it's still nice to see them push back against Trump.

It's too bad he did so poorly on the NFL right after doing so well on Norko.

drbrumley

Wearing pig socks is "having an opinion"? He does have the right, but that's not what I think about when I see him inciting.

I feel bad for the black race here in America. Kap, I believe, along with the the black population in general has been sold a bill of goods. There is racism no doubt in the here and now, that's a fact. But Kap and company lay the blame on the wrong thing. It is this government and its laws making it so. the sad part is the government just doesn't know how racist they are. I will let Walter Williams explain further:

I was a teenager during the late 1940s, living in North Philadelphia’s Richard Allen housing project. Youngsters in my neighborhood who sought after-school, weekend or summer jobs found them. I picked blueberries in New Jersey, caddied at Cobbs Creek Golf Club, shoveled snow for the Philadelphia Transportation Co., delivered packages for a milliner, performed janitorial work at Horn & Hardart restaurant, and huckstered fruits and vegetables. As a high-school student, Christmas employment for me included after-school and weekend work at Sears, Roebuck and Co.’s mail-order house, and one year, I delivered mail for the U.S. Post Office.
Such opportunities for early work experiences are all but gone for today’s teens living in Richard Allen homes. A major reason is the minimum wage law, which makes hiring low-skilled workers a losing economic proposition. In 1950, only 50 percent of jobs were covered by the minimum wage law. That meant the minimum wage didn’t have today’s unemployment effect. Today nearly 100 percent are covered. Today’s child labor laws prevent youngsters from working in perfectly safe environments. The minimum wage has destroyed many jobs. That’s why, for example, in contrast with the past, today’s gasoline stations are self-service and theater ushers are nonexistent.
Then there are super-minimum wage laws, such as the Davis-Bacon Act, which were written for the express purposes of excluding blacks from government-financed or -assisted construction projects. Labor unions have a long history of discrimination against blacks. Frederick Douglass wrote about this in “The Tyranny, Folly, and Wickedness of Labor Unions,” and Booker T. Washington did so in “The Negro and the Labor Unions.” To the detriment of their constituents, black politicians give support to labor laws pushed by unions and white liberal organizations.
Then there’s education. Black youths are becoming virtually useless for the increasingly high-tech world of the 21st century. According to a 2001 report by Abigail Thernstrom, “The Racial Gap in Academic Achievement,” many black 12th-graders dealt with scientific problems at the level of whites in the sixth grade; they wrote about as well as whites in the eighth grade. The average black high-school senior had math skills on a par with a typical white student in the middle of seventh grade. The average 17-year-old black student could only read as well as the typical white child who had not yet reached age 13. That means an employer hiring the typical black high-school graduate is in effect hiring an eighth-grader.

Interplanner

The streets and stadiums are not where to settle criminal cases, no matter how unPC the conclusion of the court. This move by the NFL, the media, and the local stations (who milked it as the big story today), is creating a toxic synthetic mindset. They want class warfare.

The NFL might as well support every drug dealer who whines about getting caught because the St. Louis case is about shooting a drug dealer. That is NOWHERE on major media, news, NFL, text crawlers, kirons, etc all day. NOWHERE. Yet it is the only issue.

Foyle: "That murder weapon had blood on it. You removed it."
Rookie deputy: "But it was right there at the crime scene with the suicide's blood on it."
Foyle: "How do you know it's his blood?"

We are now officially a society of rookie deputies.

drbrumley

And that is not including the "War on Drugs," which you have to be an IDIOT to say this does not affect the black population way more than the white.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
:BRAVO: NFL

:mock: Trump

Kapernick may not be a national hero but Trump's comments were awful. And I find it funny that he has spurred even more players to protest. It may only be for this one week but it's still nice to see them push back against Trump.

Trump seems to delight in setting one American against another. It's good reality TV, I suppose.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Those "awful" comments are seconded by over half this country. It's about time patriotic Americans boycotted something, and what better than a bunch of overpaid entertainers?

I can think of one:
qx2twz1rbovxsklqvqvn-654x362-7f9f170.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And that is not including the "War on Drugs," which you have to be an IDIOT to say this does not affect the black population way more than the white.
A war on drugs that is not really a war on drugs, but a war on where the money goes that buys drugs.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The NFL owners have to side with the thug players (not all players are thugs), because if they don't, they will lose money. It's only a financial decision.

drbrumley

Has Trump hurt them?

Nope, he uttered an opinion. Which is his right.

But let's not pretend this is about dishonoring the men who gave their lives for this flag.

Most of the time the announcer comes on the PA system and says to honor America....nothing about honoring the sacrifice of soldiers who died in wars defending this nation, which by the way hasn't happened since WW2. So unless we make every sporting event like a Memorial Day or Veterans Day, then this really is about a bunch of people getting upset at a football player and now players who were upset about something else....

But because it is Trump who gave his opinion, all hell breaks loose.

ClimateSanity

Kapernick isn't protesting the military.
He is disrespecting those in the military with his form of protest. He is disrespecting those who died for our country. The flag and the anthem are symbols our country uses to honor our country and the people who have fought to give us what only this country can offer. We are or used to be the freeist country in the world. People sacrificed their lives so that it would remain that way. The very least we can do to respect our country and the people who died for it is by respecting it's flag and it's anthem. Kaepernick may be protesting unfair treatment of blacks but he should not disrespect our flag and anthem and as a result our military and fallen soldiers to do so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TOL mobile app