boycott the NFL

glorydaz

Patriotism doesn't mean putting your country beyond criticism.

There will always be something to critcize about this country, but don't take it out on the Flag and the Star Spangled Banner.

This Trump Derangement Syndrome has gotten totally out of hand, and will tear this country apart. I guess that's what will finally make the left happy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There will always be something to critcize about this country, but don't take it out on the Flag and the Star Spangled Banner.

This Trump Derangement Syndrome has gotten totally out of hand, and will tear this country apart. I guess that's what will finally make the left happy.
My question is, what social change are they seeking by kneeling and disrespecting the Flag? What social change do they want? Will a punk black kid NOT get shot when he pulls a gun on the Police? Is that what they want? Is this about Police brutality? Racism? Again, who is being oppressed today? Who is getting their rights and privileges taken away? Where is all the racism I keep hearing about? Crickets . . .

glorydaz

My question is, what social change are they seeking by kneeling and disrespecting the Flag? What social change do they want? Will a punk black kid NOT get shot when he pulls a gun on the Police? Is that what they want? Is this about Police brutality? Racism? Again, who is being oppressed today? Who is getting their rights and privileges taken away? Where is all the racism I keep hearing about? Crickets . . .

It's the fallout from Obama's push to divide us by race. Divide and conquer is always the motto. The entire thing is about how poorly blacks are treated in this country. They're having to manufacture it as they go, with this "hands up don't shoot" whining (while they loot and pillage).

Just like the old days....they "beat them", and then convince them they have no choice if they want those food stamps and cell phones. Back on the plantation they willingly go.

You don't see any of that with conservative blacks. Which shows it's not the color as is claimed.

drbrumley

You have to remember, starting around the 1900's, the government religion has been getting the kids when they're young. Most people are forced into government buildings to be "schooled" for about 18 years.

Government is always scheming to *get the kids younger and younger too. Universal Pre-K is the new thing.

Perhaps someday a government agent will be in every hospital delivery room. Who knows?

But for 18 years, in those government "schools," every single day starts with rising at your desk, and saying your morning prayer to the state --- known as the pledge of allegiance.

Do morning prayers happen once a year? Once a month? Once a week?

No!

Every single day.

By the time you're an adult, your ability to contemplate freedom, private property and voluntary contracts has been considerably diminished.

"Of course everyone must stand for the National Anthem --- And of course the President should force them."

We naturally would never come to such a conclusion. We'd have to be "schooled" first.

So while the president's words might just be words (for now) we should always be vigilant against taking them any further.

Private Property ... Freedom to think and make your own choices ... Voluntary Contracts ... Anything that's peaceful ... Live and Let Live.

Those are the ideas that are far more attractive than "Get that son of a _____ off the field..."

Stand Because The Politician Says So?

ClimateSanity

First, it has nothing to do with the military. And beyond that I don't see it as disrespect. I understand that flags and anthems are sensitive symbols but kneeling during the anthem is about as innocuous as it gets. He isn't burning American flags in the parking lot. He feels that there is injustice for a segment of the population and he's kneeling during the anthem to the country behind the injustice. It's sad that more people aren't OK with a peaceful form of protest.
It has everything to do with who died for our country to the people who are disgusted. The fact you don't value that reveals a lot about you.

glorydaz

Hmmm, I don't recall "Jews will not replace us" chants while Obama was president. Even less do I recall any prior president suggesting that there might be some good people in such a group.

Selective recall is a liberal trait. You really should see someone about that.