Status
Not open for further replies.

fool

Hall of Fame
wholearmor said:
I believe this is all we have to go by:

Genesis 4

Cain and Abel

1 Adam [s] lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. [t] She said, "With the help of the LORD I have brought forth [u] a man." 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel.
so that leaves open the possiblity of daughters

Granite

Hall of Fame
fool said:
Excellent point!
We are talking pre-Fall births not pre-Flood births.
So why would Bob say that birth was painless before the Fall if there was no birth?
Yaweh made birth painful as a punishment to Eve.
Did she have any idea what He was talking about?
Is Bob saying that birth would have been painless before if Eve had had one?

The other explanation is that, our nervous system aside, pain simply didn't exist pre-fall.

soothsayer

I thought that before the Fall, God was in the business of creating people from using Adam's rib. I understood that the very process of "birth" was a result of the Fall.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Longer periods of gestation for babies were required for Adam and Eve’s harsh new environment outside of the garden. Births in the Garden of Eden would have been painless had Adam and Eve been allowed to stay.

Genesis 3:
16 To the woman He said:
“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;

17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:
“ Cursed is the ground for your sake;
In toil you shall eat of it
All the days of your life.
18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you,
And you shall eat the herb of the field.
19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread
Till you return to the ground,
For out of it you were taken;
For dust you are,
And to dust you shall return.”
20 And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.
21 Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.
22 Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— 23 therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
its circular reasoning.
the bible says the world was created good.
people brought bad things into the world.
god said youre all going to have multiplied baby processes.

so before the bad stuff arrived babies were delivered in a good way.
after the bad stuff babies were delivered in a painful way.

so if all that is given then a sensible explanation is that babies before were smaller and able to survive in a good world. babies after were bigger so that they could survive in a bad world.

if you dont accept the biblical account then taking any one of those stages will seem impossible to you. if you accept all of them then it makes perfect sense. its as simple as that.

accept or reject the bibles account.

wholearmor

I haven't seen anyone address the passage in Genesis that states God said He would greatly increase woman's pain in childbirth after The Fall. Doesn't that indicate there would have been pain in childbirth before The Fall had there been any births?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
wholearmor said:
I haven't seen anyone address the passage in Genesis that states God said He would greatly increase woman's pain in childbirth after The Fall. Doesn't that indicate there would have been pain in childbirth before The Fall had there been any births?
it seems likely there were births before the fall. why would there not be?

EDIT: whoops. im off topic here ... sorry.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
wholearmor said:

So pain existed. How exactly was the pain increased for childbearing? How does that work?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
So pain existed. How exactly was the pain increased for childbearing? How does that work?
whatever you do WA .. dont resort to diagrams ...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
More evidence of Pastor Bob's great imagination and lack of scientific knowledge.
uh jukia? an active imagination is a handy tool in scientific advance...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
The pain, stipe. Grow up.
yeah sorry mate. i misread post 28 and everything between here and there by me should be read in that context.

Johnny

Can anyone fill me in on what would have been different enviormentaly and gestationaly that would allow 10 oz. human births to be the viable norm?
You'd basically have to rewrite the book.

Granite

Hall of Fame
stipe said:
yeah sorry mate. i misread post 28 and everything between here and there by me should be read in that context.

So how did this selective increase in part come about? How did it NOT hurt before the fall?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
You'd basically have to rewrite the book.
which book? the bible? it says very little about the environment other than "it was good" and very little about gestation other than "it got more painful". if you cant squeeze any good situation into that broad definition of the environment and any change in gestation into that observation on childbirth then you need to work on your imagination .. like bob's obviously done a bit of.

or were you speaking metaphorically about popular science? in which case the book(s) could use some well thought through re-writing...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
So how did this selective increase in part come about? How did it NOT hurt before the fall?
er .. so you were asking that? ok .. well then .. back to the diagrams.

smaller babies cause less pain in childbirth than large babies. mum carried around two 8pound (eventually) babies for 9 months before giving birth to my younger brothers. im sure she would have found it a lot more convenient and less painful in a 'good' environment where the babies could be delivered naturally and safely after (say) 3 months...

Jukia

stipe said:
uh jukia? an active imagination is a handy tool in scientific advance...
Absolutely correct. And although I would love to comment further on Pastor Bob and his imagination in the area of science I will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.