biology, not your subjective "feelings"

Selaphiel

Barring a disorder, no it isn't.

You are the one that insists on calling it a disorder, which is begging the question. You have not justified that claim at all. In what sense is it a disorder? Why can't it be a variation of sexual development? Because they do not meet your or some portion of society's prejudice of what sexuality and gender is? The claim of the OP was that biology supports a simple gender binary, this article shows that it is not that simple.

And why don't you answer questions?

The question is, why is the gender binary so important to you?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Yes it is. The biology deniers' pet abnormalities serve as the exception that prove the rule.

About 1 in 40,000 people are born with symbrachydactyly (a defect sometimes resulting in no fingers on the hand). Shall we now say, "The fact is that humans are not born with five fingers on each hand." ?

No, but what do you think causes that defect? Are the # of fingers set automatically at conception? My daughter has a friend who is a normal size but her fingers on one hand (Maybe both, dont remember) are clearly child size. Was that determined at conception? Let us know what you find out. Maybe you can ask Stripe to help you, that way perhaps both of you would learn something.

glassjester

No, but what do you think causes that defect? Are the # of fingers set automatically at conception?

Does that pertain to this conversation? The important thing is that it's rightly treated as a defect, helped when possible, and not used to define a "new normal."

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Does that pertain to this conversation? The important thing is that it's rightly treated as a defect, helped when possible, and not used to define a "new normal."

Yes, it is pertinent becasue the important thing is how development happens. What signals during development move the mammalian fetus one way--toward female for example, or toward 5 digits per limb for another--or another way. Your sense of wonder is lacking if all you care about is labeling the end result.

glassjester

No the important thing is how development happens. What signals during development move the mammalian fetus one way--toward female for example, or toward 5 digits per limb for another--or another way. Your sense of wonder is lacking if all you care about is labeling the end result.

Who cares about my sense of wonder?

What percentage of humans, would you estimate, just happen to identify as the gender that corresponds to their XX/XY biology?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

What percentage of humans, would you estimate, just happen to identify as the gender that corresponds to their XX/XY biology?
Not sure I understand your question. But most humans identify as their external genetalia suggests.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Your sense of wonder? Just sad that you seem to have none, and appear not interested in trying to understand the real world.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I liked the part in the article that says:

Assign Gender, But Wait for Surgery
"Today, we anticipate how the child will feel as an adult and what they feel inside,"

Since the vast majority of children with gender identity disorder out grow it and identify with their biological birth sex in their teens (I'm not talking about the miniscule percentile that are born with mixed genitalia), can I get you and your fellow LGBTQ'ers to say:

"Stay away from hormone blockers" too?

Gender Dysphoria, Gender Identity Disorder*and Informed Consent
http://www.childhealing.com/articles/genderidentitydisorder.php

Danoh

"there is neither male nor female" =/= "cross dressing for everybody!" :nono:

Lol - For everyone IN Christ, that is.

The garment/its' fabric?

The righteousness OF GOD IN His Son.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Danoh

And you knew where you were then
Girls were girls, and men were men

Several good points in this video.

"I'm not going to modify basic biology because it threatens your subjective sense of what you are."
(In other words, don't tell me I must pretend you are something you are not just to satisfy your "feelings". "Feelings" do not trump truth.)

Lol - you'd make one heck of a neighbor to have fun at the expense of - for a person ever often rightly holding to one thing or another in Scripture; you sure allow yourself to get dragged into looking at things from where the world does - here - take this:

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

:chuckle:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lol - you'd make one heck of a neighbor to have fun at the expense of - for a person ever often rightly holding to one thing or another in Scripture; you sure allow yourself to get dragged into looking at things from where the world does - here - take this:

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Speaking of chuckles: You're surely not using Galatians 3:28 to make a case for the transvestite/transsexual movement are you Danoh?

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...eelings-quot&p=4937854&viewfull=1#post4937854

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Well hi Daniel.
You have placed yourself so high and out of reach that I can just barely see you anymore.
You must have squatted down just enough to check out what the riff raff below you is doing.

Danoh

Well hi Daniel.
You have placed yourself so high and out of reach that I can just barely see you anymore.
You must have squatted down just enough to check out what the riff raff below you is doing.

O quit being so over reacting :chuckle: