biology, not your subjective "feelings"

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
As a Christian you should encourage all that are going against God's design for human sexuality (one man, one woman, united in matrimony) to seek spiritual and if need be, psychological help.

Would not have said otherwise. My point is all of society needs to be concerned, whether they share our Christian values or not. It is logically and physically a harmful way of life.

Let me amend that last sentence for you Lon:

Psychologically, physically and spiritually, homosexuality is an extremely harmful way of life.

With that in mind, let's talk about what kind political leaders our country needs.

While you're at it: Tell those Trump supporters who pretend that they're conservative, that they're not fooling anyone.

On this, I don't tend to think that politics express our Christianity well. Rather, we aim for what we believe is the better.

I have a very hard time voting Democrat these days because of their pendulum swing on separation of church and state.
So, rather than voting with allegiance, I vote thinking of specific issues that need to be corrected or addressed. I voted for the senator from Tennessee. I don't begrudge Christians who voted for others as their convictions were voiced. We tend to get really odd ideas that politics somehow reflect one's sincerity or viability as Christians. I rarely see that as being the case. Rather, bad judgement or voting for something beside what I am voting for, or what have you. Just a thought or two -Lon

How one votes politically does reflect one's worldview, and just because the candidate and political party that a person votes for has an "R" at the beginning, doesn't give people an excuse to vote for things that God abhors.

While Donald Trump tried his hardest to convince people that he is socially conservative, his actions gave him away.

Here are just a few examples of immoral things that were done by Donald Trump prior to the Presidential election:

Inviting drag queen Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner to use the women's restroom at any Trump property (and Bruce/Catilyn took Trump up on his offer).

Speaking out against North Carolina's 'bathroom bill': "North Carolina did something that was very strong and they’re paying a big price. And there’s a lot of problems.” Trump said. “Leave it the way it is. North Carolina, what they’re going through, with all of the business and all of the strife — and that’s on both sides — you leave it the way it is. There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate. There has been so little trouble. And the problem with what happened in North Carolina is the strife and the economic punishment they’re*taking.”

Inviting homosexual and activist Peter Thiel to speak primetime at the Republican National Convention, where he spoke out against the 'culture wars' (i.e. traditional family values).

Proudly waving the LGBTQ flag of death at a Trump rally just days before the general election.

Since God knows what is in every man's heart, I'm sure that He'll give those people some slack that had no idea what evil Donald Trump stood for prior to voting for him last November.

Now that he's been sworn in as President of the United States, there is a long list of pro LGBTQ positions and people who are openly homosexual or have helped the homosexual cause that Donald Trump has backed and appointed into his administration. Needless to say, those who were fooled can no longer use that as an excuse to support him.

Here are a couple of things to think about:

Can one still call him or herself a "Christian" (i.e. a follower of Christ) when they knowingly support things that God abhors?

For those that aren't people of faith, shouldn't our leaders be sharing the truth with them, keeping in mind that:

Psychologically, physically and spiritually, homosexuality is an extremely harmful way of life.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

As a Christian you should encourage all that are going against God's design for human sexuality (one man, one woman, united in matrimony) to seek spiritual and if need be, psychological help.

Let me amend that last sentence for you Lon:

I made a mistake calling this a 'way of life.' Sorry, I think it needs more amending :(

Spoiler
With that in mind, let's talk about what kind political leaders our country needs.

While you're at it: Tell those Trump supporters who pretend that they're conservative, that they're not fooling anyone.

How one votes politically does reflect one's worldview, and just because the candidate and political party that a person votes for has an "R" at the beginning, doesn't give people an excuse to vote for things that God abhors.

While Donald Trump tried his hardest to convince people that he is socially conservative, his actions gave him away.

Here are just a few examples of immoral things that were done by Donald Trump prior to the Presidential election:

Inviting drag queen Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner to use the women's restroom at any Trump property (and Bruce/Catilyn took Trump up on his offer).

Speaking out against North Carolina's 'bathroom bill': "North Carolina did something that was very strong and they’re paying a big price. And there’s a lot of problems.” Trump said. “Leave it the way it is. North Carolina, what they’re going through, with all of the business and all of the strife — and that’s on both sides — you leave it the way it is. There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate. There has been so little trouble. And the problem with what happened in North Carolina is the strife and the economic punishment they’re*taking.”

Inviting homosexual and activist Peter Thiel to speak primetime at the Republican National Convention, where he spoke out against the 'culture wars' (i.e. traditional family values).

Proudly waving the LGBTQ flag of death at a Trump rally just days before the general election.

Since God knows what is in every man's heart, I'm sure that He'll give those people some slack that had no idea what evil Donald Trump stood for prior to voting for him last November.

Now that he's been sworn in as President of the United States, there is a long list of pro LGBTQ positions and people who are openly homosexual or have helped the homosexual cause that Donald Trump has backed and appointed into his administration. Needless to say, those who were fooled can no longer use that as an excuse to support him.

Can one still call him or herself a "Christian" (i.e. a follower of Christ) when they knowingly support things that God abhors?

For those that aren't people of faith, shouldn't our leaders be sharing the truth with them, keeping in mind that:

I knew his problems and the problems with his acceptance and agenda when he came into office. We continually have been losing our candidates as the NRP keeps shoving their picks. This year election year was an oddity I haven't seen since I or my parents and one of my children have been voting. I did not vote with you nor them, but I've been praying for him just the same. -Lon

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Psychologically, physically and spiritually, homosexuality is an extremely harmful way of life

I knew his [Donald Trump's] problems and the problems with his acceptance and agenda when he came into office. We continually have been losing our candidates as the NRP keeps shoving their picks. This year election year was an oddity I haven't seen since I or my parents and one of my children have been voting. I did not vote with you nor them, but I've been praying for him just the same. -Lon

People of faith are to blame for allowing degenerates like Donald Trump to be elected. God sets the rules in Holy Scripture as to what kind of people should hold public office.

Without hesitation, I voted for Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party, so I'm not sure what you meant by "I did not vote with you nor them".

I too pray for Donald Trump. I pray that the sick degenerate steps down from the once honorable office of the President of the United States and seeks the spiritual and psychological help that he so desperately needs.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I pray that the sick degenerate steps down from the once honorable office of the President of the United States and seeks the spiritual and psychological help that he so desperately needs.
One doesn't need to step down from office to do that.

Lon

Was Israel wrong to submit to Babylon? Persia? Masada about wiped out all of Israel. I agree on our voting on things such as abortion. I disagree that supporting a candidate always means supporting evil. Much of the time it is a vote to support less evil, staying a tide of some sort.

I agree with you, and did not vote for Trump BUT I ALSO did not and would not vote for Hilary either. Some say I threw my vote. I don't believe so. I voted my conscience. It counts for something. I wouldn't disparage you for voting Hilary (by example) either. I couldn't, but you are not my servant. You are another's servant. I didn't vote for Trump. Again, those who did, not my servant, they are Another's and if I am a servant of the same, I best learn to keep my mouth shut when I come between Him and another servant. Surely before the election there might have been some good in encouragements, but after? :nono: I don't see it.

Psychologically, physically and spiritually, homosexuality is an extremely harmful way of life
:up:

People of faith are to blame for allowing degenerates like Donald Trump to be elected. God sets the rules in Holy Scripture as to what kind of people should hold public office.
"Blame?" :nono: Responsible? Sure. It is the same with God sovereign over our world. Something happens on our watch that we all shouldn't by necessity be 'blamed' for. By extension, because I didn't vote Hilary, you can say I am partly responsible for her not getting into office, or Trump getting into office. Blame? I just don't see that, even if one voted for him. Nick, by example, has stated he did not vote for Trump because of his bad-side. He voted for 'other' reasons. I guess I can appreciate fervency in politics, but atf, I think it a little much on our part. They will stand before their maker without a need of an accuser. I pray I'm able to see my own logs that day. -Lon

Without hesitation, I voted for Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party, so I'm not sure what you meant by "I did not vote with you nor them".
I voted for him as well. Any republican could say we threw away or votes. I didn't but if Trump didn't make it in office, you and I would be partly responsible (I don't believe blamable). I do not at all mind being dragged across the carpet politically, but I'd hope there is a difference between blame and responsibility. I voted so am responsible for this election.

I too pray for Donald Trump. I pray that the sick degenerate steps down from the once honorable office of the President of the United States and seeks the spiritual and psychological help that he so desperately needs.
Seems more like wishing than actual praying to me. I'm not saying don't pray that, but if that is ALL you are praying.... :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Was Israel wrong to submit to Babylon? Persia? Masada about wiped out all of Israel. I agree on our voting on things such as abortion. I disagree that supporting a candidate always means supporting evil. Much of the time it is a vote to support less evil, staying a tide of some sort.

I've spent several years documenting the evil that the LGBTQ movement has done in a 4 part thread, the same LGBTQ movement whose flag Donald Trump is proudly flying in my avatar (just days before the general election). If Trump's support of the LGBTQ movement is somehow less evil than other political candidates, make your case as to why he should be supported by people who embrace God's Word.

I agree with you, and did not vote for Trump BUT I ALSO did not and would not vote for Hilary either. Some say I threw my vote. I don't believe so.

When we voted for Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party, we knowingly voted for a God-fearing man. Don't let anyone put a guilt trip on you, as you answer to God, not them.

I voted my conscience. It counts for something. I wouldn't disparage you for voting Hilary (by example) either. I couldn't, but you are not my servant. You are another's servant. I didn't vote for Trump. Again, those who did, not my servant, they are Another's and if I am a servant of the same, I best learn to keep my mouth shut when I come between Him and another servant. Surely before the election there might have been some good in encouragements, but after? I don't see it.

Where in Holy Scripture does it say to keep one's mouth shut when dealing with evil? It's our job to be the salt and the light. Unfortunately too many followers of Christ these days are silent.

"Blame?" Responsible? Sure. It is the same with God sovereign over our world. Something happens on our watch that we all shouldn't by necessity be 'blamed' for.

Semantics. If people of faith didn't sit back and allow evil to prosper, we wouldn't be living in the morally depraved society that we currently live in.

Seems more like wishing than actual praying to me. I'm not saying don't pray that, but if that is ALL you are praying....

It's funny how during Barack Obama's 8 years in office I not once heard from those professing to be conservative any mention of 1 Timothy 2: 1-3; perhaps those who use that passage are being selective?

Please continue to pray for Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Donald Trump (you do pray for democrats as well don't you Lon?).

As for me, I pray for the people (59 million unborn babies murdered in the womb) and nation who have been negatively impacted by their evil agenda.

Reactions: Lon