BigRed new member

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yup Knight is right. It's a jungle here. :chuckle: I hope you like it here.

Choleric

Hello everyone,
I hope to have a polite discussion about the Bible.[My favorite book]

BigRed

First, off, don't expect nice. That is asking too much.

Secondly, it appears your desire is to get off on the wrong foot as your bio says "atheist" and "pinko commie" and yet you say the bible is your favorite book? Something isn't right there.

The bible says "it is appointed unto man once to die and then face judgment". And "all those not found written in the Lambs book of life were cast into the lake of fire".

So, if the bible is your favorite book, why are you an atheist? How about getting saved so your name gets written in the Book of Life and you don't have to spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?

Welcome to TOL. :)

BigRed

First, off, don't expect nice. That is asking too much.

Secondly, it appears your desire is to get off on the wrong foot as your bio says "atheist" and "pinko commie" and yet you say the bible is your favorite book? Something isn't right there.

The bible says "it is appointed unto man once to die and then face judgment". And "all those not found written in the Lambs book of life were cast into the lake of fire".

So, if the bible is your favorite book, why are you an atheist? How about getting saved so your name gets written in the Book of Life and you don't have to spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?

Welcome to TOL. :)

I'm an Atheist because I study the Bible.
Am I my brother's keeper? [Genesis 4:9] Contrary to the Christian right, I say "YES", I am my brother's keeper. That's why I am a Left Winger.
So there is no contradiction.

Thanks for the greeting.

WizardofOz

Hi Red.
I'm happy to see a fellow Atheist but politically we seem to be at opposite ends.
Half a glass is better than an empty glass. I hope we can be friends.

I think his user title got you. chickenman is an a-atheist, not an atheist :D

So BigRed, why atheism? Just curious since the bible is your favorite book and you're quoting scripture in what appears to be a sincere manner. "I'm an Atheist because I study the Bible" doesn't say much. Or perhaps it says it all.....