Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What's with all the huge text, PJ?
It's distracting.
I try to highlight certain words for emphasis and the text looks really small on my computer, my monitor fizzled and went black. It was 10 years old. If it's distracting I'll cut way back. Are the colors distracting too? I also copy/paste scripture from biblegateway and it uses fonts. I can only type with one finger because that's all I used as a parts counterman. I've tried to do the two handed home row but I can't do it. I also sit sideways in front of the computer, well the chair is sideways, so I always have my left hand free. It takes me a while to make a post with a lot of words.

Too much information, I know. Let me see if I have another excuse, hang on. Oh yeah, when I type a long post I always have to go back in and fix errors and the text looks even smaller or I see another verse that I want to bold. Then just bolding doesn't do enough so I make it bigger, then I might go back and find more grammar errors and see small verses that look too small so I make THEM all bigger. I think it's OCD. The colors look good to me and better than black, imo. One more, they're pretty. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I try to highlight certain words for emphasis and the text looks really small on my computer, my monitor fizzled and went black. It was 10 years old. If it's distracting I'll cut way back. Are the colors distracting too? I also copy/paste scripture from biblegateway and it uses fonts. I can only type with one finger because that's all I used as a parts counterman. I've tried to do the two handed home row but I can't do it. I also sit sideways in front of the computer, well the chair is sideways, so I always have my left hand free. It takes me a while to make a post with a lot of words.

Too much information, I know. Let me see if I have another excuse, hang on. Oh yeah, when I type a long post I always have to go back in and fix errors and the text looks even smaller or I see another verse that I want to bold. Then just bolding doesn't do enough so I make it bigger, then I might go back and find more grammar errors and see small verses that look too small so I make THEM all bigger. I think it's OCD. The colors look good to me and better than black, imo. One more, they're pretty. :chuckle:
hehe!
Hang in there!

Colors are fine.
It was just distracting to have to scroll down three times just to read one short paragraph because the text is so large.

Hope you figure it all out soon.

daqq

:rotfl: I sometimes catch myself doing pretty much the same thing, (and sometimes don't catch myself soon enough). Usually I will get to the point where almost everything in the passage is bolded, and then start underlining the "more important stuff", then for the really SUPER important stuff I start enlarging the font, and that is just about the point where I realize what I am doing and remove all the formatting and start over. :chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
hehe!
Hang in there!

Colors are fine.
It was just distracting to have to scroll down three times just to read one short paragraph because the text is so large.

Hope you figure it all out soon.
I'm going to look up Pastor Dean Odle, I liked him.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The concept of an enclosed earth makes me claustrophobic.
that HAS crossed my mind, thinking: Does that diminish God in any way? I don't think so. The firmament would be massive even without quadrillions of galaxies and planets. The enclosed flat earth and firmament doesn't need to be 14 billion (supposedly) light years across where the "heavens" wouldn't be close to being above us. God says the sun travels a circuit, is the bridegroom, runs a race, hasteth back to the place he arose. He also tells us that the sun goes the END OF HEAVEN, wouldn't that be 14 billion light years away? Light years? they "measured". The earth doesn't have a circuit, God never says that, nor does He say that he "placed" earth in the firmament. He never mentions the firmament under the earth or surrounding the earth. God created two great lights, not one with a reflection. It's actually impossible for the sun to light the MOON at night. I thought about that as a kid.

There was no big bang and evolution isn't true. Gravity is a hoax. Weight, density, mass, buoyancy and aerodynamics are why things don't float away. God established the earth, on foundations, immovable, fixed, and stationary. I'm going to post a few images assuming you haven't seen the other thread. One in particular is blue and white depicting the flat earth circle in blue and brown in the middle surrounded 360 degrees around by white, the ice wall. The image itself is square and earth could be like that. It could explain the four corners or four quarters of the earth. Picture the white ice portion of land extending even beyond the image possibly to 200 to 300,000 miles. The flat earth sun is about 1,000 miles or high or lower, and 30 to 72 miles wide and the earth is over 205,000 miles for the breadth (another word God uses to describe earth.) A circle squared. I'll post an image like that, but forget the numbers and the pyramid in the middle of the circle and put the known inhabitable land and seas we have there, what we call earth. I've also posted a lot of scripture in this thread that I interpret as possible to be that we are in the earth, an enclosed flat earth and firmament.

322e8fa5a55254486b6bd8f4a538b472.jpg

01b9cf29b5b2681ee1eb65db0e7b4f65.jpg

80f6b1c764ef1adfae0c6949759c2227.jpg

Last edited:

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
:rotfl: I sometimes catch myself doing pretty much the same thing, (and sometimes don't catch myself soon enough). Usually I will get to the point where almost everything in the passage is bolded, and then start underlining the "more important stuff", then for the really SUPER important stuff I start enlarging the font, and that is just about the point where I realize what I am doing and remove all the formatting and start over. :chuckle:

I never have that problem.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think the sun moves around the earth like God tells us.
a7b415128cf26c95a34dac1f30ff477a.jpg

Psalm 19:1-7 KJV - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-11 KJV - The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
3 What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?
4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
8 All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Derf

This website is attempting to cut through the flat earth arguments. He does a pretty good job.

This particular page (http://flatearthdeception.com/biblical-proofs-of-the-globe-earth/) is dedicated to the supposed biblical support for a flat earth. He handles a number of the verses used by flat earthers. Here's one I think he did well, but he missed something:

They point to Daniel 4:10 to proclaim there is a center of their flat earth.

Daniel 4:10 “Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great.”

This is just another example of them taking a verse completely out of context to try to prove their agenda. This passage is not talking about the design of the earth or the place that is the center.

The ‘tree in the midst of the earth‘ that Daniel was describing was king Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, who reigned over the kingdoms of the earth.

He was humbled more than any man, and made to eat grass as the cattle of the field, which at the end of his punishment, caused him to praise his Creator.

How flat-earthers don’t bother to read the rest of the chapter, I cannot understand. Verses 20-22 tell you who the tree represents.

The tree that thou sawest, which grew, and was strong, whose height reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to all the earth; whose leaves were fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it was food for all; under which the beasts of the field dwelt, and upon whose branches the birds of the heavens had their habitation: it is thou, O king, that art grown and become strong; for thy greatness is grown, and reacheth unto heaven, and thy dominion to the end of the earth.

Matthew Poole’s Commentary on the Holy Bible: A tree: those that write of the language of the East tell us that a tree denote some excellent man. Thus the prophet Ezekiel, Ezekiel 31 throughout, describes the king of Assyria, and Pharaoh king of Egypt, in their flourish, height, and great fall, comparing them to huge cedars.

And besides that, everyone on the flat earth can’t see the sun, which is supposedly 3,000 miles high, so how would they all see a giant tree?

The thing he missed was that if this refers to a real tree, and that tree was in "the midst of the earth", then it must have been growing in the arctic ocean, since the north pole is recognized by most flat earthers as the center of the world, especially so when flight paths are based on a "great circle" concept.

He also has a page on curved horizon pictures taken from high elevations. Here are a few, where he includes added straight lines to compare the curvature against.

White line added:
uk-airplane-curve.jpg

Red line added:
pilot-photo2.jpg

Red line added:
pilot-photo.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=17606]Derf[/MENTION] - I don't see anything in those scripture that I interpret to be flat earth related. Heaven and and the sky are both part of the firmament according to scripture. Can you "debunk" any scriptures that I actually posted? I don't endorse every scripture the "flat earther's" do. I'm not part of any group or pastor or organization. Keep picture to a minimum, I have of going in my conspiracy thread also for science and images. I have posted images myself but I keep it limited. Red lines don't mean anything out of curved windows. You can't see the curvature according to science and nasa is close to 100,000 feet. Most planes don't go close to that elevation. Not even the specialty military jets etc. You can't see the curvature from a plane, period.

06eccd6a45eda637d69560b5a889b0f6.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Isaiah 14:12-17 KJV - [FONT=&quot]How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations![/FONT][FONT=&quot]13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Where are the sides of the north?[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.