BAKERY OWNER STATES; "LET THEM NOT EAT CAKE!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To be gay is to be involved with a "lust of the flesh!"
One is not born gay, nor are they created that
way by their environment! It's a choice, a choice to sin!!
The Bible makes it clear, that homosexuality is a sin!
It's best that people who say they believe the Bible,
trust this fact!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you were born and committed only "one" single
sin (whatever it is) that sin would keep you from
entering the kingdom of God!! That's how important
it is to place one's faith in Christ as their Lord and
Savour!!

Quincy

If I owned a bakery, I'd make a cake for some neo-nazi group. Not because I agree with them, that isn't what business is about. Business is about transactions. It's objective. Of course my bakery would have rules against foul language and obscene imagery but I would not say I can't bake you guys a cake just because I don't agree with your political views. I would not exclude any group from my business service just because I don't agree with them.

genuineoriginal

A Colorado bakery owner has refused to bake a "wedding cake" for two gay men who are going to get married. His reason is; he doesn't believe in gay marriage and feels it's an "abomination!"

The problem is, we're all sinners, and homosexuality is just that, another sin! If someone walks into that same bakery, and admits being a chronic liar, are they going to be refused service because of that particular sin? Or, perhaps someone is a known adulterer, etc.; are they going to be refused service??

Where do we draw the line? What sin is so egregious that service will not be rendered to certain individuals?? I offer an alternative conclusion to this Baker, or other bakeries; why not bake the cake, frost it, and let the gay couple know ahead of time; they'll have to pay extra for "two" sets of decorative "grooms/brides" on the top of the cake, which they (the gay couple can place themselves!!)

As long as we live in this "mortal world" we have to live among, and deal with sinners of all persuasions. Jesus did not spend time screaming at, and belittling particular sinners, instead; His beef was with the "self-righteous" Pharisees, etc... What say you??
Your argument is contrary to what the Bible says.

Paul dealt with this type of issue in 1 Corinthians 8.
Some christians thought eating meat bought in the public marketplace was a sin because the meat had been sacrificed to idols before being sold.
Other christians thought it wasn't a big deal because idols are nothing and meat is meat.
Paul did not say christians were to try to convince other christians that it was okay to eat meat sacrificed to idols.
Paul said that christians that didn't care whether the meat was sacrificed to idols should still abstain from eating meat in the presence of those that thought it was a sin.

You should not be trying to convince others that they should do what they think is a sin.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Homosexuality is a sin that is flaunted and whose proponents expect to be accepted.

I would no more accept the business of an unrepentant homo than I would a white supremecist or a pedophile.
Many of your comments on this forum daily are far more immoral than any homosexual act.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
It's about boundaries. Unless someone is doing something illegal with a product you are selling, you really have no business throwing your biases in. It's along the same lines as freedom of religion (for the consumer). I, as an Irate atheist, might start forbiding Catholics from buying cheap wine from my liquor store because I know they will be claiming my wine is the blood of someone at some point. That's just spooky, kooky, and creepy. But here's the rub: it ain't my deal. It's their lives and they have the right to their own conscience. I expect others to stay out of my bidnes, so I stay out of theirs.

I get to still believe its weird. I just sold some wine and remembered where my nose ends and theirs begins. I did not violate my own integrity. I won't be taking communion. Same deal, different ceremony with a gay marital cake.

Now the hope would be that people are not so troglodytic that they could figure this out without the law having to back reason and common sense up.

btw, religious beliefs really need not carry more weight than someone's heartfelt humanistic beliefs. Magical thinking is no reason for privilege.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your argument is contrary to what the Bible says.

Paul dealt with this type of issue in 1 Corinthians 8.
Some christians thought eating meat bought in the public marketplace was a sin because the meat had been sacrificed to idols before being sold.
Other christians thought it wasn't a big deal because idols are nothing and meat is meat.
Paul did not say christians were to try to convince other christians that it was okay to eat meat sacrificed to idols.
Paul said that christians that didn't care whether the meat was sacrificed to idols should still abstain from eating meat in the presence of those that thought it was a sin.

You should not be trying to convince others that they should do what they think is a sin.

This was simply a matter of baking, frosting, and selling a cake!
You're trying to build this scenario into some huge 'theological
mountain" instead of the "molehill" that it is! However, thanks
for your input and co-operation!! You just put the "frosting on
the cake" (pun intended)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As I've previously stated; Lot bought and sold with sinners
while he, and his family lived in Sodom and Gomorrah!
There were a number of homosexuals in those cities! Lot
was considered a "righteous man" according to scripture!!

Does anyone here consider that Lot was practicing sin by
buying and selling with the sinners of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Also, Jesus was a carpenter. Do you think He was sinning by
offering His expertise of carpentry to "sinners??"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I've previously stated; Lot bought and sold with sinners
while he, and his family lived in Sodom and Gomorrah!
There were a number of homosexuals in those cities! Lot
was considered a "righteous man" according to scripture!!

Does anyone here consider that Lot was practicing sin by
buying and selling with the sinners of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Also, Jesus was a carpenter. Do you think He was sinning by
offering His expertise of carpentry to "sinners??"

For me, it's not about sin, but rather about the rights of a business owner to do business in their privately owned business with the customers of their choosing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Did the Baker have the right to refuse business to the couple? Yes!
Did the Baker show bravery in his choice to refuse the couple? Yes!
Is Homosexual marriage morally and Spiritually acceptable? No!
Is homosexuality a sin? Yes!

Businesses should have the right to refuse service and goods, however,
they must also be ready to accept the consequences of their decision!
Perhaps, loss of potential future business, bad reputation with some
portion of the populace, and loss of revenue! This Baker took a stand
against a law that is both immoral and unspiritual! The point of this thread
is to show that homosexual sin is one of many, many sins that man is
capable of being guilty of! This new marriage law is very controversial and
is an open wound for many trying to come to terms with it!

Perhaps sometime in the future it would be best for gay couples to learn to
be more sensitive to those of us who believe in the traditional/moral and
spiritual significance of marriage! They ought not to call attention to their
newly established privilege to marry!! Maybe we need to go to a "don't
ask, don't tell kind of response" when it comes to business interactions!!

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
For me, it's not about sin, but rather about the rights of a business owner to do business in their privately owned business with the customers of their choosing.
So would you support racist business owners in barring subpar races (apart from the current state of legality). If not why would racial and say religious reasons be be acceptable limits and not sexual orientation?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did the Baker have the right to refuse business to the couple? Yes!
Did the Baker show bravery in his choice to refuse the couple? Yes!
Is Homosexual marriage morally and Spiritually acceptable? No!
Is homosexuality a sin? Yes!

Businesses should have the right to refuse service and goods, however,
they must also be ready to accept the consequences of their decision!
Perhaps, loss of potential future business, bad reputation with some
portion of the populace, and loss of revenue! This Baker took a stand
against a law that is both immoral and unspiritual! The point of this thread
is to show that homosexual sin is one of many, many sins that man is
capable of being guilty of! This new marriage law is very controversial and
is an open wound for many trying to come to terms with it!
Agreed.

Perhaps sometime in the future it would be best for gay couples to learn to
be more sensitive to those of us who believe in the traditional/moral and
spiritual significance of marriage! They ought not to call attention to their
newly established privilege to marry!! Maybe we need to go to a "don't
ask, don't tell kind of response" when it comes to business interactions!!
Here is where the plot thickens, and is why I believe this whole story is not about a cake at all, but is about gay marriage.

You only posted a sentence about the story, and not a link to the whole story that would give more details.

So, I'm assuming that you were not actually in that bakery in Colorado to see this happen, but that it was covered by the media.
And I am assuming by your statement of the event, that it was not presented as a "rights of private business" agenda, but was presented as a "gay marriage rights" agenda.
And that it was not the business owner that alerted the media, but a gay rights organization.

So, it ends up being the gays that were trying to force their agenda down the throat of the bakery, and not the other way around.

Because if it was just about a cake, they could have easily had one. (Even Quincy would bake them one.)

Therefore, in this situation it ends up being the gays that are extremely narrow minded.

glorydaz

If you were a contractor, would you take the job to build the KKK headquarters?

Al Queda in America?

Nambla?

Wow. I didn't know contracting to build a house would be so difficult. :chew:

KKK headquarters....no, I'd be afraid someone would bomb it during contruction and some of my workers might be injured.

Al Queda in America......no, I'd report them to the authorities and demand they be sent out of the country.

Nambla.......(I had to google that one)....no, I'd report them to the authorities and charge them with child abuse.

Baking a cake for a gay couple (two confused individuals set on destroying themselves) really doesn't equate to any of your examples, as I see it.

glorydaz

It would only be different if they baked the cake plainly and allowed the fags to decorate it and include the 2 grooms on top themselves.

Why are fags so much like whiney children who demand their own way? Why cant they just open their own bakery or go to one who supports their views?

Reckon it might be they who might not get enough business? I i dont like what someone is selling or not selling, i do my busisness somewhere that suits my needs instead of trying to take away the business of the one i dont like.

Because they were damaged when they were children and are wandering around in the dark....like we all were before the Lord drew us to Himself.

genuineoriginal

This was simply a matter of baking, frosting, and selling a cake!

So what? If the baker thinks it is a sin to sell a wedding cake to homosexuals, then it is a sin and he condemns himself if he does it.

You are using your liberty to try to convince others to do what is a sin to them. If they follow what you say, knowing that it is a sin, they are damned.

Read what Paul said in Romans 14 and 1 Corinthians 8.
You are acting presumptuously against the council of Paul.