BAKERY OWNER STATES; "LET THEM NOT EAT CAKE!"

genuineoriginal

Well, I don't know about all that. Can you say Drama Queen?
Sure, I can say you are a "Drama Queen".
:idunno:

You might just try to tread lightly on those who differ from you in harmless ways (empirically demonstrated harm not made up afterlife harm).
I do not see the destruction of the society I live in as harmless.
I do not see actively bringing the wrath of God on the nation I live in as harmless.

I guess we will just have to disagree on this manner.

glorydaz

Sure, I can say you are a "Drama Queen".
:idunno:

I do not see the destruction of the society I live in as harmless.
I do not see actively bringing the wrath of God on the nation I live in as harmless.

I guess we will just have to disagree on this manner.

We aren't bringing on the wrath of God. We live in a world of sin. Sex and violence on every TV screen. Half-naked people parading all around us. Children being sold as sex slaves and starved and beaten by their own parents. Unborn babies being murdered and every other abomination under the sun. Homosexuals fit in much better than do the believers, and we can only let our little light shine before the night comes full upon us.

Our job is not to stop the raging flood...it's to rescue the few who come within our reach.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
But according to the 3 verses below are all sins equally offensive to God?

Matthew 11:21-22 says, “Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.”

Luke 12:47,48 says, "And that servant who knew his lord's will and did not prepare, nor did according to His will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he not knowing, and doing things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes."

And . . .

John 19:11 says, "Jesus answered, You could have no authority against Me unless it were given to you from above. Therefore he who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

So G.M., are all sins equally offensive to God? Yes or no?

In James 2:10 it states; "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." All sin keeps us from
receiving God's forgiveness, mercy, and eternal life! Only through
the shed blood and resurrection of Christ (God's Grace) and through our faith in Christ as Lord and Savior can we receive our salvation!

Christ died for the sins of ALL men 2000 year's ago. The sin question was taken care of. Revelation states that the small and the great will stand before God for judgment and judged according to their "works!" Those who have rejected Christ and whose names are not written in the Lambs book of life will be cast into the lake of fire!!

I might add that, the Gospels were written to the House of Israel. It would be best for those who name Christ to put a lot of their concentration on the writings of Paul who was sent to us, the gentiles!! Even if we only committed the sin of a simple lie, that lie would separate us from the presence of God for eternity!!

Adam and Eve committed one single sin of disobedience and suffered the consequences of; separation from God, exiled from the Garden of Eden, Adam was cursed by God to till the soil and bring forth his own food by the sweat of his brow!! As a result, humanity suffers from original sin that has been passed on from Adam to all of humanity!! And, for some of you out there, Adams sin had nothing to do with homosexuality!!

We're all guilty of disobedience, are we not?? Cain was punished by God and exiled from his family and received a mark for murdering Abel!! Ananias, and Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit and lost their physical lives for doing so!

In God's eyes, disobedience, murder, and lying is not tolerated by God due to His holiness!! So, when we sin, no matter how minor or major the sin is, God will punish!! If we commit one sin, we're guilty of ALL!!

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Luke 13; 1-5 states; "13 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Here are a few examples where Christ, speaking to a group of people, who were pointing fingers at others for their atrocious sins, and Christ responded by telling them that unless "YOU" repent you will all likewise perish!!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The world is getting more and more wicked, with sin all about us. Can we as believers "change" the direction simply by calling gays disrespectful names, pointing fingers at unbelievers sinful activities, and refusing to bake a cake??
Changed hearts beget changed choices!! It's better we be good examples, have good testimonies, and bear fruit!! Being a good example of what we truly believe may just attract unbelievers that we can witness to!!
Once one is "born-again Spiritually" and indwelled by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit well work to help that person make better choices!!
Cursing at gays and other sinful individuals does nothing, but inspire animosity!!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If I owned a bakery, I'd make a cake for some neo-nazi group. Not because I agree with them, that isn't what business is about. Business is about transactions. It's objective. Of course my bakery would have rules against foul language and obscene imagery but I would not say I can't bake you guys a cake just because I don't agree with your political views. I would not exclude any group from my business service just because I don't agree with them.
So you're saying you wouldn't print "Death to Jews!" on the cake, or decorate it with swastikas?

What if they asked you to bake a birthday cake for Hitler, because they wanted to celebrate that? Would you bake that cake?

Drat....now you're making me scratch my head.

Guess my dreams of being a baker.......no wait. :idea:

I would have a policy that I would bake the cake and the customers could choose their own decorations from a bin on the way out the door. Being in business is fraught with difficulties, isn't it?
That's where homos belong...

Romans 12:17-21
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Are you agreeing, or disagreeing?

One is a little gal dressed in white...which few can wear in this day and age. ;)
Not on a same sex wedding cake.:nono:

Yeah......and......

What would the poor bed builder do? He wouldn't be able to think of anything except what might possibly go on in that bed besides sleep. I'd rather just build the bed and mind my own business. My business is NOT what people may do on this bed I made.
A bed is not solely for sex; in fact the primary use for a bed is sleeping. A bed is not a wedding cake. These are not the same thing at all.

And what GM seems unable to put together is that the issue has nothing to do with business interactions, but everything to do with what the baker would be condoning by baking a wedding cake for a same sex marriage.

I'm not opposed to having business interactions with sinners; I used to have a landlord that was an out and out fag. I paid my rent. I didn't condone his perversion. Especially not when he told me he was always trying to seduce straight men.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse seems to be at war with "homosexuals"
I just want you to feel at ease and a little less fearful
of this "particular sinner" by offering you the following
advise; stay away from bakeries for a short period
of time until the homosexual marriages slow down
a bit!! It's just that they're new to the idea that they
have the right to marry and the thrill may dissipate
after a short period of time!! Until then, take some
stress courses at your nearest clinic!!!!

Lighthouse, why, by your own admission did you continue
to pay rent to a known homosexual?? By doing so you were
doing business with a man whom you desperately disagreed
with his "wicked lifestyle??" At least the Baker refused to
interact with the homosexual on a business level, you on
the other hand continued to interact with the individual you
mentioned!!

glorydaz

So you're saying you wouldn't print "Death to Jews!" on the cake, or decorate it with swastikas?

What if they asked you to bake a birthday cake for Hitler, because they wanted to celebrate that? Would you bake that cake?

That's where homos belong...

Are you agreeing, or disagreeing?

Not on a same sex wedding cake.:nono:

A bed is not solely for sex; in fact the primary use for a bed is sleeping. A bed is not a wedding cake. These are not the same thing at all.

And what GM seems unable to put together is that the issue has nothing to do with business interactions, but everything to do with what the baker would be condoning by baking a wedding cake for a same sex marriage.

I'm not opposed to having business interactions with sinners; I used to have a landlord that was an out and out fag. I paid my rent. I didn't condone his perversion. Especially not when he told me he was always trying to seduce straight men.

You paid your rent without condoning the lifestyle of your landlord. I would bake a wedding cake for a gay couple without condoning their lifestyle. We each must walk in the light we're given.