BAKERY OWNER STATES; "LET THEM NOT EAT CAKE!"

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Christians will one day be a tiny minority in the US. How much you wanna bet your views on business and discrimination will spin 180 degrees?

glorydaz

If it's a wedding cake and you bake it then you are supporting the marriage by that very act.

This was not just a cake; it's a wedding cake, which means something very specific.

Drat....now you're making me scratch my head.

Guess my dreams of being a baker.......no wait. :idea:

I would have a policy that I would bake the cake and the customers could choose their own decorations from a bin on the way out the door. Being in business is fraught with difficulties, isn't it?

glorydaz

Romans 12:9

Romans 12:17-21
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If I owned a bakery, I'd make a cake for some neo-nazi group. Not because I agree with them, that isn't what business is about. Business is about transactions. It's objective. Of course my bakery would have rules against foul language and obscene imagery but I would not say I can't bake you guys a cake just because I don't agree with your political views. I would not exclude any group from my business service just because I don't agree with them.

that's very nice of you
but
would you bake a wedding cake with two guys on top of it holding hands?

genuineoriginal

Christians will one day be a tiny minority in the US. How much you wanna bet your views on business and discrimination will spin 180 degrees?
Christians fully expect your hatred and intolerance for our religious beliefs to get to the point where we will be killed for the crime of believing what is written in the Bible.

Revelation 13:7
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.​

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

A lot of christians will fall away from the faith in order to save their own lives.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.​

glorydaz

As I've previously stated; Lot bought and sold with sinners
while he, and his family lived in Sodom and Gomorrah!
There were a number of homosexuals in those cities! Lot
was considered a "righteous man" according to scripture!!

Does anyone here consider that Lot was practicing sin by
buying and selling with the sinners of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Also, Jesus was a carpenter. Do you think He was sinning by
offering His expertise of carpentry to "sinners??"

Yeah......and......

What would the poor bed builder do? He wouldn't be able to think of anything except what might possibly go on in that bed besides sleep. I'd rather just build the bed and mind my own business. My business is NOT what people may do on this bed I made.

Quincy

that's very nice of you
but
would you bake a wedding cake with two guys on top of it holding hands?

Yes I would, certainly. I mean I wouldn't bake them cake that had any foul language or other obscene material on it by any means. Same as I wouldn't for a straight couple, but as far as just making them a pleasant wedding cake with two grooms or brides on top, I would.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Christians fully expect your hatred and intolerance for our religious beliefs to get to the point where we will be killed for the crime of believing what is written in the Bible.
Well, I don't know about all that. Can you say Drama Queen?

You might just try to tread lightly on those who differ from you in harmless ways (empirically demonstrated harm not made up afterlife harm).

glorydaz

Did the Baker have the right to refuse business to the couple? Yes!
Did the Baker show bravery in his choice to refuse the couple? Yes!
Is Homosexual marriage morally and Spiritually acceptable? No!
Is homosexuality a sin? Yes!

Businesses should have the right to refuse service and goods, however,
they must also be ready to accept the consequences of their decision!
Perhaps, loss of potential future business, bad reputation with some
portion of the populace, and loss of revenue! This Baker took a stand
against a law that is both immoral and unspiritual! The point of this thread
is to show that homosexual sin is one of many, many sins that man is
capable of being guilty of! This new marriage law is very controversial and
is an open wound for many trying to come to terms with it!

Perhaps sometime in the future it would be best for gay couples to learn to
be more sensitive to those of us who believe in the traditional/moral and
spiritual significance of marriage! They ought not to call attention to their
newly established privilege to marry!! Maybe we need to go to a "don't
ask, don't tell kind of response" when it comes to business interactions!!

Excellent commentary, brother. :first:

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
And I don't know about charging for two sets of heteros figurines because before long them two brides will be used up by the lesbians who live up the block.

glorydaz

Agreed.

Here is where the plot thickens, and is why I believe this whole story is not about a cake at all, but is about gay marriage.

You only posted a sentence about the story, and not a link to the whole story that would give more details.

So, I'm assuming that you were not actually in that bakery in Colorado to see this happen, but that it was covered by the media.
And I am assuming by your statement of the event, that it was not presented as a "rights of private business" agenda, but was presented as a "gay marriage rights" agenda.
And that it was not the business owner that alerted the media, but a gay rights organization.

So, it ends up being the gays that were trying to force their agenda down the throat of the bakery, and not the other way around.

Because if it was just about a cake, they could have easily had one. (Even Quincy would bake them one.)

Therefore, in this situation it ends up being the gays that are extremely narrow minded.

You bring up a very good point. There are gays who just want to live quiet lives, and there are those who are militant....in full battle mode....out to inflict their views on the rest of us. It's actually pretty easy to tell the difference.

glorydaz

So what? If the baker thinks it is a sin to sell a wedding cake to homosexuals, then it is a sin and he condemns himself if he does it.

You are using your liberty to try to convince others to do what is a sin to them. If they follow what you say, knowing that it is a sin, they are damned.

Read what Paul said in Romans 14 and 1 Corinthians 8.
You are acting presumptuously against the council of Paul.

No....he most certainly was NOT. Haven't you even read this thread?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes I would, certainly. I mean I wouldn't bake them cake that had any foul language or other obscene material on it by any means. Same as I wouldn't for a straight couple, but as far as just making them a pleasant wedding cake with two grooms or brides on top, I would.

can you do that without approving same sex marriage?
or
do you already approve?

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Tambore,

I don't believe you know the definition of narrow mindedness. The baker in this situation failed to think more broadly. Does he really want to live in a culture that supports discrimination that could easily be turned on him? Is he so egotistical that he must try to stop others in the course of their private affairs.

If you are wronged, wouldn't you think the thing to do is to be assertive about it rather than a doormat? That's what this gay couple did.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wow. I didn't know contracting to build a house would be so difficult. :chew:

KKK headquarters....no, I'd be afraid someone would bomb it during contruction and some of my workers might be injured.

Al Queda in America......no, I'd report them to the authorities and demand they be sent out of the country.

Nambla.......(I had to google that one)....no, I'd report them to the authorities and charge them with child abuse.

Baking a cake for a gay couple (two confused individuals set on destroying themselves) really doesn't equate to any of your examples, as I see it.

Excellent post

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Some posters on this thread seem to think homosexuality
is the worst sin imaginable!! If the truth be known; ALL sin
is unacceptable before God!!
But according to the 3 verses below are all sins equally offensive to God?

Matthew 11:21-22 says, “Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.”

Luke 12:47,48 says, "And that servant who knew his lord's will and did not prepare, nor did according to His will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he not knowing, and doing things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes."

And . . .

John 19:11 says, "Jesus answered, You could have no authority against Me unless it were given to you from above. Therefore he who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

So G.M., are all sins equally offensive to God? Yes or no?