Atheists, do you hope you're right?

Hedshaker

Not sure if you got my point that attempts to live by laws, to live by words, by doctrine, by dogma, were futile. It was only through my trust in Jesus and my fellowship with Him through the Holy Spirit that I found freedom.

Losing God Part 1

This is the first of a four part series of videos. If you are as open minded as you claim you will take the time. Please note how sincere and polite this youtuber is.

I don't expect it will change your mind but it should hopefully show you a different perspective on just how fickle beliefs can be.

rstrats

Hedshaker,
re: "There are currently over 30, 000 denominations (and counting) in Christianity alone."

I wonder if you have a list of those denominations that you could post here?

Hedshaker

Hedshaker,
re: "There are currently over 30, 000 denominations (and counting) in Christianity alone."

I wonder if you have a list of those denominations that you could post here?

I found this and there were quite a few entries besides. But I admit to not having done a great deal of research on the subject. I could be wrong.

alwight

I've never been a Christian, though at one time many years ago I may have accepted that a "Christian" was what I was if asked.
The fact that you however, having lived by the Bible all your life, will credit Jesus for digging you out of a presumably bad situation doesn't really surprise me at all tbh.
I don't know specifically what, if anything, you think that Jesus actually did for you but I do know that many very deserving people who should get some special help but don't.:plain:

I've never understood why some Christians believe that Jesus helped them find their car keys but will allow innocent babies to suffer. :liberals:
It is all about love. He filled my heart with His love. He allows free will to create free, true love.

Not sure if you got my point that attempts to live by laws, to live by words, by doctrine, by dogma, were futile. It was only through my trust in Jesus and my fellowship with Him through the Holy Spirit that I found freedom.
Good luck in whatever freedom you think you've found.

Tyrathca

If an atheist took the time to discover http://www.theomatics.com , they will have no choice but to claim there is a God. Most here get mad at me for bringing this up.
I tried to read through some of that site but it was just terrible. Going on and on and on and on and on... (you get the idea) about how awesome theomatics is and how there every word has a number and the "odds" of something are impossible and irrefutable evidence of god. Clearly written by someone who doesn't have much detail or a clear and structured methodology. I got kind of sick of wading through repetitions and waffle so I stopped (the parts I did see gave no hint at an understanding of mathematics, statistics or scientific methodology, quite the opposite actually)

Could you give a concise summary of what on earth the maths is meant to actually show? (ironically for all the waffle I couldn't figure out what was supposedly so improbable)

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I tried to read through some of that site but it was just terrible. Going on and on and on and on and on... (you get the idea) about how awesome theomatics is and how there every word has a number and the "odds" of something are impossible and irrefutable evidence of god. Clearly written by someone who doesn't have much detail or a clear and structured methodology. I got kind of sick of wading through repetitions and waffle so I stopped (the parts I did see gave no hint at an understanding of mathematics, statistics or scientific methodology, quite the opposite actually)

Could you give a concise summary of what on earth the maths is meant to actually show? (ironically for all the waffle I couldn't figure out what was supposedly so improbable)

It doesnt matter cause it is God that does the choosing and He only chooses some but not all. Unless He softens your heart first, you wouldnt understand the Bible. Theres nothing you can do at this point. Youre not interested in the Bible.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Yes I do get mad when numerology is brought up, it's such garbage. :mad:

Agnostics who are really weak atheists wont believe in the Bible due to not being drawn. The spiritual things of God are garbage to the unregenerates. Thats how you like it

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Wow, that brought me back.

I haven't seen a website that cheesy looking since the 90's.

Apparently, God does not work in "graphically designed" ways!

You may move in your bubble all you want but God controls your bubble to make sure you don't ever get in my way