Assisted Suicides Soar in Switzerland

Arthur Brain

yep, and gays would never seek to force you to accomodate them, remember that being called ridiculous when believers said that would happen? Look what happens now all the time.

Who was it who forced gay people to live in the closet on pain of incarceration and denied them equal rights?

Arthur Brain

now substitute "pedophiles" for "gay people"

Only the incredibly dumb would try and argue that slippery slope nonsense given how laws reflect anything but and have increased in stringency and a zero tolerance as regards child abuse.

Oh, it's you, so no surprise there then.

:freak:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Only the incredibly dumb would try and argue that slippery slope nonsense given how laws reflect anything but and have increased in stringency and a zero tolerance as regards child abuse.

Oh, it's you, so no surprise there then.

:freak:

i figgerd it would be too hard for you, so i took the liberty:

"Who was it who forced pedophiles to live in the closet on pain of incarceration and denied them equal rights? "

Arthur Brain

run away, coward, run away :wave2:

Oh ok, one more reply for the heck of it.

No need to run away oh dumb one. Child molestation isn't nor will ever be tolerated in the West. Back when gay people were forced to live in the closet there was nothing like the stringency in relation to laws protecting children. Society became enlightened, stopped persecuting gay people and now has zero tolerance for child abuse.

Win win all round.

Buh bye

:wave2:

quip

BANNED
Banned
beats me, who and what does it have to do with the lie they told that they would NEVER force it on anyone or force anyone to be ok with it?

You're free not to be ok with it..just don't express your bigotry by suppressing the rights of others to act contrary to your confining beliefs.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You're free not to be ok with it..just don't express your bigotry by suppressing the rights of others to act contrary to your confining beliefs.

Thanks for proving my point, which is the same point, the "we wont do x" and "thats ridiculous" cries mean nothing, we know what nutjob liberals do after they get a step forward, its why Trump was elected, the cats out of the bag, weve all seen it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for proving my point, which is the same point, the "we wont do x" and "thats ridiculous" cries mean nothing, we know what nutjob liberals do after they get a step forward, its why Trump was elected, the cats out of the bag, weve all seen it.

Ohhh....You're the victim here...heck why didn't you say so! :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

beats me, who and what does it have to do with the lie they told that they would NEVER force it on anyone or force anyone to be ok with it?

Well here's a clue, it certainly wasn't "liberals" or "lefties" et al, and hey, you're free not to be okay with homosexuality and voice your opinions openly about it as you do here so what's the problem?

Arthur Brain

I'd surmise it was rather the more jaded and cynical element that effectively got Trump elected. There comes a time where folk get fed up of politicians in general and liberal/conservative - republican/democrat become meaningless little labels as the same ole crap goes on regardless. Understandable in its own way.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Assisted Suicides Soar in Switzerland

Are you for or against assisted suicide, and why?

If for, what conditions do you advocate it being ok, any and all, or only some?

Against.

When we feel that we're drowning in the depths of despair, know that other godly people have felt the same sense of hopelessness. For example, the prophet Jeremiah emotionally hit bottom, yet he also had the wisdom to look up to the Lord and find hope. These are his honest words:

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'" (Lamentations 3:19-24)

Wrong Belief: "Life is hopeless. I see no purpose to go on living."

Right Belief: Since I choose to walk by faith, not by sight or feelings, I'm placing my hope in the Lord, knowing He has His purpose and plans for my life.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 62:5-6)

Here are seven Scriptural reasons to say no to suicide:

Reason #1: Suicide rejects God's offer of inner peace.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Reason #2: Suicide rejects God's sovereignty over the length of your life.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.... Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:13, 16)

Reason #3: Suicide rejects God's right to be Lord over your life.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." (1 Corinthians 6:19)

Reason #4: Suicide rejects God's commandment not to murder.

"You shall not murder." (Deuteronomy 5:17)

Reason #5: Suicide rejects God's ability to heal your hurts.

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed." (Jeremiah 17:14)

Reason #6: Suicide rejects God's plan to give you hope.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

Reason #7: Suicide rejects God's power already in you to make you godly.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." (2 Peter 1:3-4)

We were created to bring glory to God:

Romans 11:36 (NKJV)
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NKJV)
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Asking God for death is asking God to cut short His plans for you to bring all glory to Himself.

Where there is life, there is hope!

"Anyone who is among the living has hope." (Ecclesiastes 9:4)

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." (Hebrews 6:19)

Meditate on the following: Romans 15:13, Psalm 121:7, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 62, Psalm 68:19, Psalm 147:3, 2 Corinthians 1:3-11, 4:16-18, 7:6, 12:8,9,10, Psalm 43:5, Psalm 22:24, Psalm 119:50, Psalm 34, Psalm 42:5, Psalm 86, Nahum 1:7, Job 29:3, Isaiah 25:8, 30:18,19,20, 40:1, 41:10,13,14, Psalm 69, Psalm 13, Psalm 94:19, Lamentations 3:1-66, Jeremiah 31:13, Psalm 56:3,8, Psalm 59:10, Psalm 54:7

AMR

Arthur Brain

Who were the 'nutjobs' who denied women the vote? You think your outspoken opinions would be welcome in a patriarchal society the likes of which Crucible endorses?

Think again, there ain't nothing liberal about that guy.

Ok, there's nothing much to him at all really but still...

:eek:

Arthur Brain

Against.

When we feel that we're drowning in the depths of despair, know that other godly people have felt the same sense of hopelessness. For example, the prophet Jeremiah emotionally hit bottom, yet he also had the wisdom to look up to the Lord and find hope. These are his honest words:

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'" (Lamentations 3:19-24)

Wrong Belief: "Life is hopeless. I see no purpose to go on living."

Right Belief: Since I choose to walk by faith, not by sight or feelings, I'm placing my hope in the Lord, knowing He has His purpose and plans for my life.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 62:5-6)

Here are seven Scriptural reasons to say no to suicide:

Reason #1: Suicide rejects God's offer of inner peace.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Reason #2: Suicide rejects God's sovereignty over the length of your life.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.... Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:13, 16)

Reason #3: Suicide rejects God's right to be Lord over your life.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." (1 Corinthians 6:19)

Reason #4: Suicide rejects God's commandment not to murder.

"You shall not murder." (Deuteronomy 5:17)

Reason #5: Suicide rejects God's ability to heal your hurts.

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed." (Jeremiah 17:14)

Reason #6: Suicide rejects God's plan to give you hope.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

Reason #7: Suicide rejects God's power already in you to make you godly.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." (2 Peter 1:3-4)

We were created to bring glory to God:

Romans 11:36 (NKJV)
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 10:31 (NKJV)
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Asking God for death is asking God to cut short His plans for you to bring all glory to Himself.

Where there is life, there is hope!

"Anyone who is among the living has hope." (Ecclesiastes 9:4)

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." (Hebrews 6:19)

Meditate on the following: Romans 15:13, Psalm 121:7, Psalm 46:1, Psalm 62, Psalm 68:19, Psalm 147:3, 2 Corinthians 1:3-11, 4:16-18, 7:6, 12:8,9,10, Psalm 43:5, Psalm 22:24, Psalm 119:50, Psalm 34, Psalm 42:5, Psalm 86, Nahum 1:7, Job 29:3, Isaiah 25:8, 30:18,19,20, 40:1, 41:10,13,14, Psalm 69, Psalm 13, Psalm 94:19, Lamentations 3:1-66, Jeremiah 31:13, Psalm 56:3,8, Psalm 59:10, Psalm 54:7

AMR

What if you're part of the 'reprobate' though? Surely not everyone who suffers terminal illness or has to endure their family suffering so is part of the 'elect'?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I'd surmise it was rather the more jaded and cynical element that effectively got Trump elected. There comes a time where folk get fed up of politicians in general and liberal/conservative - republican/democrat become meaningless little labels as the same ole crap goes on regardless. Understandable in its own way.

Well, apparently the collective "victims" -- e.g. A4T -- simply didn't cotton to the liberal ideas of abridging their continued powers of discrimination and persecution...hence Trump's backdoor presidency.

How exactly this has transpired into some form sympathy for their plight is beyond me. Is there some emotional appeal to this spin-doctoring I'm just not seeing? :idunno: