Assisted Suicides Soar in Switzerland

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There is a difference. People accept things that they don't approve of all the time.

Think of a parent who doesn't approve of his child's sexual orientation, but accepts it because they love them anyway.

Reading through the last page, it appears I wasn't the only one to use this analogy

They dont "accept" the sin unless they approve it. They accept the child, not their sin.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Many 50+ aged people don't prior to having a gay child if their own.

Best example ever: Dick Cheney. He's been all for gay rights since once of his daughters came out years ago

Sad for him, he chose the world over God. He bought the lie.

Romans 1:25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

Its no mistake that verse is right after this one:

24 Therefore God gave them up in the desires of their hearts to impurity for the dishonoring of their bodies with one another.

shagster01

Sure they do. Doctors are investors in many care settings.

The point in time that insurance covers a cheap pill but not expensive care is the point in time when buying insurance becomes pointless. That will not make them money. If insurance is no good, then people will not buy it.

Greg Jennings

They dont "accept" the sin unless they approve it. They accept the child, not their sin.

They permit the sin to be committed. I would call that acceptance of it in exchange for their child's happiness.

You are talking about this as if it's black and white, when in reality it isn't.

Greg Jennings

Sad for him, he chose the world over God. He bought the lie.

Romans 1:25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

Its no mistake that verse is right after this one:

24 Therefore God gave them up in the desires of their hearts to impurity for the dishonoring of their bodies with one another.

I don't know if you have any gay kids or not, but I do know that if you do, you don't know about it.

I'll pray for any child of yours who is too scared to reveal their true self to their own mother, because she'd cast them out if they dared to be themselves.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They permit the sin to be committed.

They cannot "permit" their adult child to sin or not sin.

I would call that acceptance of it in exchange for their child's happiness.

You are confusing love with acceptance of all acts.

You are talking about this as if it's black and white, when in reality it isn't.

And you are pretending (which you have to, to support it) that there is no seperation between a person and any and all acts or choices they make, God doesnt not approve of sin, even though He died for us in spite of it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't know if you have any gay kids or not, but I do know that if you do, you don't know about it.

I'll pray for any child of yours who is too scared to reveal their true self to their own mother, because she'd cast them out if they dared to be themselves.

I have no gay children. I teach my children about God and the truth. I would love them if one was anyway, but i would be clear that their sin choice was sin. I would not hate them and pretend with them that God oks it.

shagster01

He didnt tell Judas to go kill himself, you have really bad reading comprehension issues.

He knew Judas was going to go sin. Rather than trying to stop him he told him to go on do what he is gonna do.

Christians have a hard following Jesus' example of non-interference. I can't think of a time Jesus tried to stop anyone from sinning beyond simply giving his opinion and letting them decide.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Do you suppose Jesus knew Judas would kill himself when he told Judas to go do what he must?

He knew Judas was going to go sin. Rather than trying to stop him he told him to go on do what he is gonna do.

Ok, which means what, Jesus receives us all when we want forgiveness, and at no point allows sin.

Christians have a hard following Jesus' example of non-interference. I can't think of a time Jesus tried to stop anyone from sinning beyond simply giving his opinion and letting them decide.

Not interfering and accepting arent the same, you like quip, need a word meaning course, you dont seem to understand what words actually mean.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
If a man on the battlefield is maimed, and has a 98% chance of dying, is it wrong to give him a stick of morphine- which will kill the pain but also ultimately end his life?

The strict demand that euthanasia is wrong falls a part the more it is scrutinized- what it starts to become is a series of stubborn grandstanding on unrefined principles concerning life and death.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If a man on the battlefield is maimed, and has a 98% chance of dying, is it wrong to give him a stick of morphine- which will kill the pain but also ultimately end his life?

The strict demand that euthanasia is wrong falls a part the more it is scrutinized- what it starts to become is a series of stubborn grandstanding on unrefined principles concerning life and death.

Why does he need to be given so much it ends his life? How do you know you would be ending his ability to state something final to a loved one?

Do you know better than God when he should die?