Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight,

Do we have a "patriotic" smiley? :think:

If not, the next time you're thinking about new smilies, how about adding one?

Much obliged! :thumb:

Back to the hocky discussion...

Truth Hunter

Truth Hunter said:
I've been spending the last few days reading old threads about righteous anger and hate, and although I can't deny that there is such a thing, (on this site) it does not seem to be expressing itself in a way that honors God. In my search I came across this post http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19785&highlight=righteous+anger by Timothy and I noticed that none of the strong proponents of righteous hate addressed it. Could you please give me your thoughts on the post? Do you believe there is a right way and a wrong way to express righteous hate? I apologize in advance because it's a little long.
I guess you can ask Knight everything? It's too bad, I was looking forward to hearing your opinion. When I get a chance I'll rewrite the question and start a new thread.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Truth Hunter said:
I guess you can ask Knight everything? It's too bad, I was looking forward to hearing your opinion. When I get a chance I'll rewrite the question and start a new thread.
Dude cut me some slack! I am a tad busy lately.

The short answer is....

There is righteous hatred and unrighteous hatred, and the bible gives examples of both.

Examples of righteous hatred...

Psalms 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.

Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. (abhor is literally trandlasted "hate")

Examples of unrighteous hatred...

Leviticus 19:17 ‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. (not rebuking your sinning neighbor is hateful in a bad way)

All of this can be summed up by stating it is good to hate wickedness and bad to hate without cause.

Truth Hunter

Knight said:
Dude cut me some slack! I am a tad busy lately.

The short answer is....

There is righteous hatred and unrighteous hatred, and the bible gives examples of both.

Examples of righteous hatred...

Psalms 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies.

Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. (abhor is literally trandlasted "hate")

Examples of unrighteous hatred...

Leviticus 19:17 ‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. (not rebuking your sinning neighbor is hateful in a bad way)

All of this can be summed up by stating it is good to hate wickedness and bad to hate without cause.
I know you've been busy, I appologize for my sarcasm, I was afraid you had blown off my question. When you get a chance read my question again and get back to me. In a nutshell I was asking if you believe there is a right way and a wrong way to express righteous hate? Take your time getting back to me. If you would like I can re-ask my question once the Battle-X is over.

Ninjashadow

Would it be possible to have a points per day thing for threads as well? I think it would be cool to see the average posts that some to the larger threads have.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
BillyBob said:
Here are 4 Patriotic Smilies:

:sam: :FrankiE: :cheers: :BillyBob:
I missed the flag one! Thanks, BB.

While it is a popular American pastime, I'm not sure I'd classify beer drinking as "patriotic". ;)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
While it is a popular American pastime, I'm not sure I'd classify beer drinking as "patriotic". ;)
Still, haven't you been around long enough that you should have known BillyBob would?

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
I missed the flag one! Thanks, BB.

depends what they drink I suppose - you no none of those decent european beers, just good ole american dishwater for us yes sirree bob etc :angel:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Truppenzwei said:
depends what they drink I suppose - you no none of those decent european beers, just good ole american dishwater for us yes sirree bob etc :angel:
Bleah... :vomit:

Though some American beers can be very effective ... as slug attractant in the garden. ;)

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Bleah... :vomit:

Though some American beers can be very effective ... as slug attractant in the garden. ;)
They are quite good in a bucket for catching wasps etc. as well. :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Knight,

Do you like American beer? :D
Sure!

I have recently shed my "beer snob" attitude and am now happy quenching my thirst with almost any type of beer.

In fact my favorite beer of all time is an American Beer, have you tried Easy Street Wheat?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight said:
Sure!

I have recently shed my "beer snob" attitude and am now happy quenching my thirst with almost any type of beer.

In fact my favorite beer of all time is an American Beer, have you tried Easy Street Wheat?
Not that I recall, no. Is it a local brew from the Denver area?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Ninjashadow said:
Would it be possible to have a points per day thing for threads as well? I think it would be cool to see the average posts that some to the larger threads have.
Do you mean a list of posters who had received rep points that particular day and how many they had been awarded that day?

If so that would be cool but I wonder how many top ten lists will fit on the home page?

Status
Not open for further replies.