Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
No, the founders got this one right. Anyone can become a citizen, anyone. Doing things the way you guys suggest would allow a much greater chance of a "mole" from an enemy nation to end up becoming the president and causing incredible damage from the inside. I think leaving this filter in place is a good thing.
OK, I agree but what if there were a rule that stated the candidate had to have been a citizen for at least 20 years?

Also....

You could get a mole for president from a native citizen just as easily as you could a immigrant, look at Bill Clinton! :shocked:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight said:
OK, I agree but what if there were a rule that stated the candidate had to have been a citizen for at least 20 years?
I'm one for leaving well enough alone on this one.

Also....

You could get a mole for president from a native citizen just as easily as you could a immigrant, look at Bill Clinton! :shocked:
We are our own worst enemy, aren't we.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight,

A while back you gave me 1Cor 12-14 as some scriptures you use to show that healings to not happen today. Do you have others? If so, what are they? You do not need to write them out, references will be fine. Thank you.

Kevin

kmoney

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Knight,

A while back you gave me 1Cor 12-14 as some scriptures you use to show that healings to not happen today. Do you have others? If so, what are they? You do not need to write them out, references will be fine. Thank you.

Kevin
Knight,

Are you purposely ignoring this question? Or have you just not had time to respond? Either way I'd like to know.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What do you mean by join the United States? Do you mean join the U.S. as states or territories or are you suggesting that we invite them to join us on some mission or something like that?

fool

Hall of Fame
Clete said:
What do you mean by join the United States? Do you mean join the U.S. as states or territories or are you suggesting that we invite them to join us on some mission or something like that?
I mean join up.
However that works.
don't remember the details but there is a way to do that.
probably have to fill out some kind of application
but it can be done
55 states
make Iraq 3
and Afganistan 2
they get seats in congress
it's a franchise.
franchise it.
has anyone ever thought of this before?
you'd have to sell it to them first.
then you'd have to sell it to us.
it's just an idea.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
fool said:
I mean join up.
However that works.
don't remember the details but there is a way to do that.
probably have to fill out some kind of application
but it can be done
55 states
make Iraq 3
and Afganistan 2
they get seats in congress
it's a franchise.
franchise it.
has anyone ever thought of this before?
you'd have to sell it to them first.
then you'd have to sell it to us.
it's just an idea.
Well, I know that this is supposed to be the "Ask Knight" thread but umm...

:kookoo: :kookoo: :kookoo:

docrob57

Knight said:

Also....

I think Clinton is more of a pimple than a mole. :)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight,
I have an idea for a new feature on TOL.

I use my User CP page a lot to keep track of which of my subscribed threads have been responded to and which one's haven't. I don't always have time to respond while I'm at work though and when I get home and go to my User CP page, it comes up a big blank because it thinks I've already seen all of the new posts. When that happens I usually just click on the "Show all subscribed threads" link and it shows me everything I've ever posted in and that works okay but I sometimes over look a thread because I can't tell by looking at it that there is a new post in there that I haven't responded too yet.

So I was thinking that it would be cool if you added a "mark as unread" button we could click so that a thread would continue to show up on the User CP page if we want it too.

What do you think?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
Knight,
I have an idea for a new feature on TOL.

I use my User CP page a lot to keep track of which of my subscribed threads have been responded to and which one's haven't. I don't always have time to respond while I'm at work though and when I get home and go to my User CP page, it comes up a big blank because it thinks I've already seen all of the new posts. When that happens I usually just click on the "Show all subscribed threads" link and it shows me everything I've ever posted in and that works okay but I sometimes over look a thread because I can't tell by looking at it that there is a new post in there that I haven't responded too yet.

So I was thinking that it would be cool if you added a "mark as unread" button we could click so that a thread would continue to show up on the User CP page if we want it too.

What do you think?

Resting in Him,
Clete
I think that would be cool, but it would be a huge amount of work.

Truth Hunter

I've been spending the last few days reading old threads about righteous anger and hate, and although I can't deny that there is such a thing, (on this site) it does not seem to be expressing itself in a way that honors God. In my search I came across this post http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19785&highlight=righteous+anger by Timothy and I noticed that none of the strong proponents of righteous hate addressed it. Could you please give me your thoughts on the post? Do you believe there is a right way and a wrong way to express righteous hate? I apologize in advance because it's a little long.

Status
Not open for further replies.