Ask an Aussie

GFR7

Yours is opened mouth widely and showing all teeth. That makes a bit ugly.
True! Here is a better contrast:

AUSSIE

images

AMERICAN

tumblr_m44q3yu3zh1r843b5o1_500.jpg

Tyrathca

I love Vegimite but it is an acquired taste. Very salty :)

I'm probably betraying me Australian heritage by saying this but I've never acquired the taste for Vegemite. This is especially sad because it means I can't pull the Vegemite on a spoon prank on foreigners... :(

Thunder's Muse

After a brief convo with AB about Wolf Creek, I thought I'd write some posts about Australia's notorious Serial Killers, Abductions and Murders. It will combine 2 of my fave subjects; Australian History and Crime :)

Thunder's Muse

The Beaumont Children

Adelaide, January 26 1966. Australia Day and a warm one at that.

3 siblings; Jane (9), Arna (7) and Grant (4) decide to take the bus to Glenelg beach for the day...a 5 min trip they had done many times before. Their father, Jim Beaumont, had considered ditching work to spend the day with his children but changed his mind at the last minute...something he would live to regret.

The children were spotted a few times around Glenelg beach...playing in the sprinkler on the lawn, while a man lay on his stomach, watching them. A little later, some elderly people saw the children again, this time on the beach, while a man helped them to dress. They were seen again later that day, walking alone down Jetty Rd at 3pm, 3 hours after they were due home.

That was the last anyone ever saw them.

A massive search party was established but no trace was ever found...no sign of the children, no sign of the man they were seen with.

Beaumonts_060217115407603_wideweb__300x218.jpg

This is a police sketch of the man seen with the Beaumont children that day...

beaumontSuspect1large.jpg

The case remains unsolved.

Last edited:

Thunder's Muse

The Oval Abduction

Adelaide, August 25 1973. Football season and a match was being held at Adelaide Oval...North Adelaide were playing Norwood.

A family day out, Joanne Ratcliffe (11) and Kirsty Gordon (4) were there with Parents and Grandparents, when Kirsty needed to use the toilet. Being a responsible young girl, Joanne accompanied Kirsty to keep her safe.

They were seen a little later, playing with some stray kittens and then a man saw Kirsty being carried off, with Joanne punching the stranger saying 'We want to go back now".

That was the last anyone ever saw these 2 girls.

452734-joanne-ratcliffe-and-kirste-gordon.jpg

The police sketch, which is a close match for the man wanted over the Beaumont abduction:

RSuspect.jpg

The case remains unsolved.

Last edited: