Are You Ready For Jesus To Come?

glorydaz

TrevorL

Greetings again heir,
Paul didn't preach the "gospel of the kingdom" and while I would hope that you would survey Romans and Ephesians, there is no mention of what the gospel is that Paul did preach in Acts 28:23,30-31 so once again, you have no good news by which you are saved.
I suggest that your distinction here is vague and inaccurate.
I'm here to tell you there is a gospel that is the power of God to save you, but it has nothing to do with the gospel of the kingdom (which did not include the WHY of the cross) or water baptism. It is the gospel Paul first received and preached declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV; how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day. Unless and until you trust the Lord believing IT as the all sufficient work of your salvation, you are not in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV).
But both Peter and Philip taught salvation through the death and resurrection of Christ. This is the portion of the Gospel called the things of the Name.
There's not a drop of water in any of those verses anymore there was a drop of water at the cross where Christ died. The baptism of Romans 6 is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,
Baptism by water is the means of identification with the death and resurrection of Christ. I appreciate your responses, but I have stated my position and accept that you are very engrossed in your views.

Kind regards
Trevor

heir

TOL Subscriber
Greetings again heir, I suggest that your distinction here is vague and inaccurate.
No, what is "vague", not to mention completely missing from your posts, is WHAT specifically it is that you believed when you say you "believed the gospel". Saying the word "gospel" doesn't tell us what that gospel is. Gospel equals good news and Paul tells the Romans (when he was sent to the Jew first and also to the Greek) that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). That gospel is the gospel that he declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV.

Today, that gospel is to all men without distinction (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). The formula of those who are sealed today (all members of the Body of Christ) is a result of having trusted the Lord after hearing and believing "the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation" (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV);how that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). When did you trust the Lord believing IT as the power of God to save you? If you haven't, you are lost.
But both Peter and Philip taught salvation through the death and resurrection of Christ.
Neither Peter or Philip preached the gospel of Christ as the power of God and certainly did not glory in the cross as we do. God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to Paul's gospel (Romans 2:16 KJV) not what Peter or Philip preached. If you haven't trusted the Lord believing Paul's gospel, you re not in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV).
This is the portion of the Gospel called the things of the Name.
The WHO of Jesus Christ is not the WHY of the cross. Believing WHO the Lord is, is not WHY Christ died for you and has no power to save you. The preaching of the cross is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV).
Baptism by water is the means of identification with the death and resurrection of Christ.
No, baptism BY ONE SPIRIT is and it has nothing to do with water (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).
I appreciate your responses, but I have stated my position and accept that you are very engrossed in your views.
The truth was presented to you, but thus far you have rejected it. It is always my hope that there is something presented here by me or the other ambassadors for Christ that will prompt others to trust the Lord before it's too late. If not you, maybe someone else lurking.

Last edited:

God's Truth

You are disgustingly prideful.....nothing like Paul, and never will be. :down:

If I did not obey to get saved and humble myself as Jesus says to then he would not have saved me.

You are the one who says you don't have to repent of pride to be saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If I did not obey to get saved and humble myself as Jesus says to then he would not have saved me.

You are the one who says you don't have to repent of pride to be saved.
The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God/the preaching of the cross. That means it's nothing else that you come up with.

God's Truth

The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God/the preaching of the cross. That means it's nothing else that you come up with.

God came up with the repent of sin thing.

The cross is about asking for forgiveness of sins and having those sins washed away.

Right Divider

Body part
God came up with the repent of sin thing.

The cross is about asking for forgiveness of sins and having those sins washed away.
Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Where does Paul tell us that we should "ask for forgiveness"?

Paul tells us that we should ACCEPT forgiveness already offered as a free gift.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, silly woman. The forgiveness of sins is that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing our trespasses unto us. Now, trust the Lord believing it and be saved.

God's Truth

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Where does Paul tell us that we should "ask for forgiveness"?

Paul tells us that we should ACCEPT forgiveness already offered as a free gift.

No such thing what you say.

You asked so I will show you where Paul says...

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

God's Truth

No, silly woman. The forgiveness of sins is that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing our trespasses unto us. Now, trust the Lord believing it and be saved.

Nowhere anywhere are we told when we come to the cross we are not to be sorry for our sins and repent.

God didn't like it when people did not repent and that is why He made a New Covenant.

The people made animal sacrifices to atone for their sins, but they were not really sorry for their sins.

When you say a person doesn't have to repent of their sins to be saved, you wipe out all of God's words about it in the Old Testament and Jesus' words when he walked the earth. When is it ever good to wipe out God's words? Never.

heir

TOL Subscriber
When you say a person doesn't have to repent of their sins to be saved, you wipe out all of God's words about it in the Old Testament and Jesus' words when he walked the earth. When is it ever good to wipe out God's words? Never.
The gospel of Christ/the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV). That means it's nothing else that you come up with. Trust the Lord believing it and be saved.

God's Truth

The gospel of Christ/the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV). That means it's nothing else that you come up with. Trust the Lord believing it and be saved.

Paul never ever taught to have faith and do nothing.

God's Truth

Peter heard of that strange doctrine blamed on Paul, and then he warned everyone to obey. See all of 2 Peter 3.

James heard of it too and warned us too in James 2.

For goodness sake think, even the demons believe and do something, they shudder.

God's Truth

Even common sense should tell you that if a believer sins they are to ask God through Jesus to forgive them.
This is the Lord’s Prayer, where believers pray to God to forgive us our sins.

Matthew 6:11
Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,

This next scripture explains how Jesus is our High Priest. We make our confession to God through our High Priest, the High Priest intercedes for the people to God.

Hebrews 7:26 Such a high priest meets our need--one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence.

This next scripture is about Paul writing to the Corinthian believers who had sinned, he is concerned that they have not repented of sins that he heard they were committing. Once again, they are believers who sinned.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

This scripture is about if a Christian does sin, Jesus speaks to the Father in our defense.

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Jesus tells us if our brother sins rebuke him if he repents forgive him. Do you think we have only to repent to each other and not to God when we sin?

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.

Revelation 2:5 Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

Revelation says to repent.

It is strange that you would not know a child should go to his Father to ask for forgiveness when one has done wrong.

Read this beautiful and powerful scripture...

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:25

Jesus saves us completely, because he always lives to intercede for us. What do we need interceding for if we never sin again and do not need to repent?

God's Truth

We definitely have to talk to our Father about our sin. We definitely have to be sorry for it, and we definitely have to repent.

This scripture proves we have to repent even after being saved---

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

We always have to talk to God, even after we are saved, even if we sin---

Psalm 32:5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD." And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

Psalm 38:18 I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.

We have to be sorry for our sins, even after we are saved, especially after we are saved---

2 Corinthians 7:9 yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us.

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Matthew 18:35 "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart."

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

God's Truth

It is about FORGIVENESS of sins.

I will prove it easily to you that it is about forgiveness of sins.

Matthew 9:6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.”

Matthew 26:28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

Mark 2:7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

Luke 5:20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.

Romans 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Right Divider

Body part
No such thing what you say.

You asked so I will show you where Paul says...

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.
Acts 20:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:21) Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Since you don't actually know what repentance means, I can understand why you keep repeating your false version of it.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.
Acts 26:20 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:20) But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and [then] to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Paul always says repent (turn to God) and then ACT LIKE IT. Nothing about earning salvation by your works, as you falsely claim.

Eph 2:4-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Saved FIRST, then walking in good works.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
2Thess 1:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

You don't obey the gospel of the grace of God, so you're looking for trouble.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
The HEBREWS had a job to do that God gave to THEM. You are not a HEBREW.

Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
Your are a Bible chopper and a cherry-picker. Read the whole passage:

Rom 6:14-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (6:15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. (6:16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (6:17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. (6:18) Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.