Are You Ready For Jesus To Come?

God's Truth

The gospel of Christ/the preaching of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV). That means it's nothing else that you come up with. Trust the Lord believing it and be saved.

Paul never taught to believe and do nothing.

Paul taught to believe and do not do the old law's ceremonial/purification works.

God's Truth

I did... but you don't believe the Bible.

Once again, you don't believe the Bible.

You continue to make false claims based on your complete lack of knowledge and strange bias.

When did I say anything about his circumcision? You are stupid.

And?

So you think that Cornelius was not a believing gentile that blessed THE PEOPLE? Your ignorance is astounding.

Acts 10:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:1) There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian [band], (10:2) [A] devout [man], and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Anyone who didn't get circumcised were NOT a part of the Covenant, they were still UNCLEAN and were without God in the world.

God's Truth

Show us all how you KNOW that Cornelius was not circumcised.

I already did but you did not acknowledge it.

Here it is again:

Acts 2:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

A person had to do the ceremonial/purification works of the law to clean themselves, to justify themselves before God, otherwise they were dead in their sins and not part of the Covenant. Circumcision was a sign of that Covenant. If Cornelius would have been circumcised and did all the purification works, Peter would not have said it was an lawful for him to go and associate with him and his household.

Right Divider

Body part
I already did but you did not acknowledge it.

Here it is again:

Acts 2:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

A person had to do the ceremonial/purification works of the law to clean themselves, to justify themselves before God, otherwise they were dead in their sins and not part of the Covenant. Circumcision was a sign of that Covenant. If Cornelius would have been circumcised and did all the purification works, Peter would not have said it was an lawful for him to go and associate with him and his household.
If the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes of Israel were sent to all nations, why did God need a special revelation to send Peter to Cornelius?

Gary K

Banned
God's Truth,

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.

It seems to me that you misunderstand this verse, for your reading of it contradicts the OT. God told the Isrealites through Moses that they were to love the "stranger" as themselves. He said this multiple times in various ways including that the "stranger" who joined themselves to Israel was to be considered to be one born into Israel. "Strangers" in the OT were Gentiles, for stranger just meant foreigner.

I'm not calling Peter a liar, but saying there is a Jewish set of laws which you haven't taken into account in your reading of the verse. I don't have the time to create a post long enough to address this with any kind of thoroughness right now, but I'll be back later and have more to say about the issue.

God's Truth

God's Truth,

It seems to me that you misunderstand this verse, for your reading of it contradicts the OT. God told the Isrealites through Moses that they were to love the "stranger" as themselves. He said this multiple times in various ways including that the "stranger" who joined themselves to Israel was to be considered to be one born into Israel. "Strangers" in the OT were Gentiles, for stranger just meant foreigner.

I'm not calling Peter a liar, but saying there is a Jewish set of laws which you haven't taken into account in your reading of the verse. I don't have the time to create a post long enough to address this with any kind of thoroughness right now, but I'll be back later and have more to say about the issue.

You are badly mistaken.

If one did not clean themselves as God told Moses, then one should be kept separate from them.

You are calling Peter a liar.

God's Truth

Paul did not go to Cornelius.

Peter went to Cornelius, which proves that there is only one gospel to all.

It was decided that Paul go far away to the Gentiles.

Acts 22:21 "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Acts 9:15
"Go!" said the Lord. "This man is My chosen instrument to carry My name before the Gentiles and their kings, and before the people of Israel.

Acts 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "It was necessary to speak the word of God to you first. But since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 18:6 But when they opposed Paul and became abusive, he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

God's Truth

No, it does not.

ONCE AGAIN, if the LORD Jesus Christ had ALREADY send the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel to ALL NATION, why did God need a SPECIAL revelation to send PETER to CORNELIUS?

Pay attention and actually READ and RESPOND to THAT question.

What don't you get that it was decided later that Paul would go to the Gentiles?

Right Divider

Body part
What don't you get that it was decided later that Paul would go to the Gentiles?
Get out of that monologue in your head and PAY ATTENTION to the question that you are asked.

If the LORD Jesus Christ had ALREADY send the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel to ALL NATION, why did God need a SPECIAL revelation to send PETER to CORNELIUS?

Answer that question.

glorydaz

Get out of that monologue in your head and PAY ATTENTION to the question that you are asked.

If the LORD Jesus Christ had ALREADY send the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel to ALL NATION, why did God need a SPECIAL revelation to send PETER to CORNELIUS?

Answer that question.

When she says, "What don't you get....", you know she's buying some time. Can't you just see her frantically searching for an answer to your question ;)

God's Truth

Answer that question.

Peter had to be taught and told that the Gentiles were now able to be saved. How do you get that Peter shouldn't of had to be taught but Paul did?

As for all the nations Jews scattered, they came to Jerusalem and were taught there.

Acts 2:5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

Right Divider

Body part
Peter had to be taught and told that the Gentiles were now able to be saved. How do you get that Peter shouldn't of had to be taught but Paul did?
So you think that Peter was dumb and did not understand what ALL NATIONS meant when the LORD Jesus Christ sent them to ALL NATIONS?

Right Divider

Body part
Notice that you were shown scripture about Jews from every nation.

Peter taught those Jews.
So I see that you have no answer to a really simple Bible question:

If the LORD Jesus Christ had ALREADY sent the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel to ALL NATIONS, why did God need a SPECIAL revelation to send PETER to CORNELIUS?

God's Truth

So I see that you have no answer to a really simple Bible question:

If the LORD Jesus Christ had ALREADY sent the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel to ALL NATIONS, why did God need a SPECIAL revelation to send PETER to CORNELIUS?

Again, all nations were the nations Jews were scattered to.

When God wanted Peter to preach that Gentiles could now be included, God spoke to Peter.

Why is that so much trouble for you? Paul wasn't even saved yet.

Right Divider

Body part
Again, all nations were the nations Jews were scattered to.
The question is about the SPECIAL sending of Peter to CORNELIUS. FOCUS!!

When God wanted Peter to preach that Gentiles could now be included, God spoke to Peter.

Why is that so much trouble for you? Paul wasn't even saved yet.
Paul was saved in Acts 9 and Peter was SPECIALLY called in Acts 10.

You continue to show your lack of Bible knowledge.