Are You a Misandrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

He thinks he's a 17 year old homeboy. All this "bro", "home skillet", "cray" - all indicative of someone who wants to appear to be cool and up on all the newest hip speak. Silly stuff.

As hopelessly old as I am, even I am in a position to know that the cutesy terms he uses are well out of fashion now. I bet he wears flat brims, too.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Quit acting like I don't have a fantastic vocabulary and only talk different when someone's acting foolish. It's my way of poking fun at them so that they know their uber seriousness is not being taken heavily.

Like just recently.
My writing and speaking skills are ~exceptional~, and one only need look at my myriads of posts :thumb:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's a *homeskillet*? Is that different than an iron skillet? Is is used for cooking? But only home cooking?

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
What's a *homeskillet*? Is that different than an iron skillet? Is is used for cooking? But only home cooking?

If you were raised in the 90's, as it is a 90's term, it's a fun alternative to 'homeboy'.

I master the slang dictionary as well. Ask another :chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oddly enough, my children are your age and have never used that phrase.

Did you hear it used on MTV?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't scare us with a discussion about the *ideas in your head*.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Quit acting like I don't have a fantastic vocabulary and only talk different when someone's acting foolish.
Different is an adverb as used in that sentence and should be written differently (both).

Like just recently.
That's a sentence fragment.

My writing and speaking skills are ~exceptional~, and one only need look at my myriads of posts :thumb:
You shouldn't have a comma before the second conjunction in that sentence.

The plural form of myriad is redundant.
So are his posts. :plain:

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Different is an adverb as used in that sentence and should be written differently (both).

It's 'different', not different.

That's a sentence fragment.

So are his posts. :plain:

Thiz iz a religiz forim, knot ay english tutering 1.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...My writing and speaking skills are ~exceptional~, and one only need look at my myriads of posts :thumb:

Thiz iz a religiz forim, knot ay english tutering 1.
The next time you feel like bragging about your command of the written word you might want to proof read your text before you post. And your course reference should have been English 101 or Introductory English. :poly:

Status
Not open for further replies.