are you a feminist?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't say they were, and that wouldn't make them anecdotal either. I believe all 50 states had laws to similar effect not all that long ago though, so the notion of spousal rape was nationally non-existent. And I have to say, your ignorance of easy to verify history is...well, not as surprising as it should be. Here's a starting point, do your own Googling if you want more:

http://time.com/3975175/spousal-rape-case-history/
So you realize that if you don't have "spousal rape" your entire argument fails?

What "mindset" is that, exactly?
The mindset that government coercion and the twisting of justice is required to achieve certain outcomes.

Specifically, which laws?
Family court laws. The ones listed in my post.

Yes, that was your claim - that women were not free in American history. I take it since you merely restated your claim instead of supporting it that you have no support? Care to provide some?

For one thing, I didn't say it was impossible for women to live independently.
So you have anti-support for your claim.

Yorzhik said:
Men and women are not the same, and women prefer their men be stronger and smarter than they are.
What happened to your commitment to equality?
Women's preferences have nothing to do with my commitments to equality. You're obfuscating.

Men being forced by negative consequences in family court to have certain relationships with women have left women more unhappy than they used to be. You'd rather make things worse for women, and I'd prefer they be happier again.

rexlunae

So you realize that if you don't have "spousal rape" your entire argument fails?

What do you mean by "don't have spousal rape"?

The mindset that government coercion and the twisting of justice is required to achieve certain outcomes.

Well that's vague and useless. I have no idea what you're even referring to from that.

Family court laws. The ones listed in my post.

Your post didn't list any actual laws. It listed some vague notions that might be related to some laws. Which is funny, in part, given how pedantic you were earlier about specific laws in specific states, and the notion that I needed to provide you chapter and verse from them. Well, family law is almost exclusively a state issue, and the laws in question are state laws.

Also, it's so weirdly specific that I have to believe that you have a special ax to grind here. How have the family court laws hurt you?

Yes, that was your claim - that women were not free in American history. I take it since you merely restated your claim instead of supporting it that you have no support? Care to provide some?

If you can't find it with the minimal amount of Googling it would require, I don't feel a lot of obligation to say more. Especially given your somewhat tenuous grasp of facts in general.

Women's preferences have nothing to do with my commitments to equality. You're obfuscating.

Men being forced by negative consequences in family court to have certain relationships with women have left women more unhappy than they used to be. You'd rather make things worse for women, and I'd prefer they be happier again.

What makes you think I have any regard for what you think makes women happy? Talk about an unsupportable assertion.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
female-logic-funny-28-350x310.jpg

Just so you know the real difference between 'egalitarianism' and 'feminism'.

3208053.jpg

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you mean by "don't have spousal rape"?
If you didn't have the accusation that back before there were "spousal rape" laws men thought raping women was OK, you'd have no accusation at all.

Well that's vague and useless. I have no idea what you're even referring to from that.
US family courts have become a minefield for men. Men are convicted of rape and domestic violence without anything more than the word of a single female. Men almost always lose their children in divorce even though fathers are demonstrably better for raising their children, based on her word against his. Men are required to pay whatever liability a judge can dream up while women never incur, relatively, any cost of liability. All these outcomes come from a mindset that the government can force men to pay for crimes committed against women in history. It's a mindset that violence against men is OK.

Your post didn't list any actual laws. It listed some vague notions that might be related to some laws. Which is funny, in part, given how pedantic you were earlier about specific laws in specific states, and the notion that I needed to provide you chapter and verse from them. Well, family law is almost exclusively a state issue, and the laws in question are state laws.
I never asked you for specific laws. That is just you wanting me to demand something that I never did. You could have been very unspecific about national laws; for example you could have given the counter to laws that result in children being taken from their fathers and false accusations being allowed to stand based on a single witness.

Yorzhik said:
If you can't find it with the minimal amount of Googling it would require, I don't feel a lot of obligation to say more. Especially given your somewhat tenuous grasp of facts in general.
So you can't actually list any evidence.

What makes you think I have any regard for what you think makes women happy? Talk about an unsupportable assertion.
It's entirely supportable. Women are less happy now than they were before "spousal rape" laws were dreamed up.

And how do we know that women want their men to be stronger and smarter than women are? Because Game works.

rexlunae

If you didn't have the accusation that back before there were "spousal rape" laws men thought raping women was OK, you'd have no accusation at all.

In other words, you don't believe that there should be spousal rape laws. Men should be entitled to take sex from their wives whenever they want?

US family courts have become a minefield for men. Men are convicted of rape and domestic violence without anything more than the word of a single female. Men almost always lose their children in divorce even though fathers are demonstrably better for raising their children, based on her word against his. Men are required to pay whatever liability a judge can dream up while women never incur, relatively, any cost of liability. All these outcomes come from a mindset that the government can force men to pay for crimes committed against women in history. It's a mindset that violence against men is OK.

Deeper and deeper we go. Rape and domestic violence aren't generally handled in family courts, they're handled in criminal courts. But, it seems, you're some kind of "men's rights" activist or similar.

It's entirely supportable. Women are less happy now than they were before "spousal rape" laws were dreamed up.

And how do we know that women want their men to be stronger and smarter than women are? Because Game works.

We have a pickup artist in the room, I guess. Well, that explains a lot.

Arthur Brain

If it's 'entirely supportable' then you might get around to giving some actual support for your view...

You know, so that it isn't just you...being a spokesperson for the majority of women...kinda thing...

:plain:

brewmama

If it's 'entirely supportable' then you might get around to giving some actual support for your view...

You know, so that it isn't just you...being a spokesperson for the majority of women...kinda thing...

:plain:

"University of Pennsylvania researchers Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers studied the happiness of women in the United States from the 1970s through present day and found an astounding conclusion: the more society accommodated women, gave them jobs, and scholarships, and supported them living single, and encouraged them to pursue their own private dreams and goals, to dress and act as masculine as they wanted to, and to shun any ideas of universal beauty or happiness in pursuit of their own private desires, the LESS happy they were"...
http://www.returnofkings.com/71027/there-is-scientific-proof-that-feminism-is-failing-women

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"University of Pennsylvania researchers Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers studied the happiness of women in the United States from the 1970s through present day and found an astounding conclusion: the more society accommodated women, gave them jobs, and scholarships, and supported them living single, and encouraged them to pursue their own private dreams and goals, to dress and act as masculine as they wanted to, and to shun any ideas of universal beauty or happiness in pursuit of their own private desires, the LESS happy they were"...
http://www.returnofkings.com/71027/there-is-scientific-proof-that-feminism-is-failing-women

pos rep

brewmama

All told, more than 1.3 million men and women have been surveyed over the last 40 years, both here in the U.S. and in developed countries around the world. Wherever researchers have been able to collect reliable data on happiness, the finding is always the same: greater educational, political, and employment opportunities have corresponded to decreases in life happiness for women, as compared to men.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marcus-buckingham/whats-happening-to-womens_b_289511.html