Are black on white attacks justified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DilatedMind

Umm...

Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty has neither been signed nor enacted by anybody, neither goof, nor fag.

But, don't let the facts get in the way of a good running of the mouth...

DilatedMind

details, details :chuckle:

Yeah, I mean, I'm not sure what your point was, but history will not record that the UK left the EU in 2016. That's a stone cold fact.

It will, however, record that we committed economic suicide in 2016.

People take their wins when they find them, I suppose.

Arthur Brain

Yeah, I mean, I'm not sure what your point was, but history will not record that the UK left the EU in 2016. That's a stone cold fact.

It will, however, record that we committed economic suicide in 2016.

People take their wins when they find them, I suppose.

It'll record that Britain voted to leave in 2016 at any rate. How that pans out over the next few years only history will testify to. I don't think it's as extreme as you suggest though.

DilatedMind

It'll record that Britain voted to leave in 2016 at any rate. How that pans out over the next few years only history will testify to. I don't think it's as extreme as you suggest though.
Quite right. I'm emotional about it.

32% of my staff are EU nationals. They're worried. I'd pay whatever stage visa required for each and every one of them. They're still worried though.

They're worried for a good reason.

I've built a business around our open trade in Energy with Europe. Energy trade isn't directly hit by us leaving the either the EU or the Single Market, but what is hit is the flow of people.

My best and brightest are now reconsidering their options. This includes the English. They've built their lives on an idea which has been pulled from under them. I wouldn't blame them if they relocated to Germany. Indeed, I'd probably follow them.

I love this little island of ours, but I'm trying to build something that lasts way beyond I'm dead and gone, and if we continue this parochial nonsense, I will go to the continent, and most of my peers in this and other games think likewise.

What will be left is not pretty.

Take a 100 year look at things and invoking Article 50 is suicide. The kids are Europeans. They are, their kids will be. And I don't blame them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yeah, I mean, I'm not sure what your point was,

my point was that, contrary to what town wrote, Britain did not abolish slavery in 1833

artie's point was that i dared to contradict town so he had to rush to town's defense

retardedly :darwinsm:

Arthur Brain

Quite right. I'm emotional about it.

32% of my staff are EU nationals. They're worried. I'd pay whatever stage visa required for each and every one of them. They're still worried though.

They're worried for a good reason.

I've built a business around our open trade in Energy with Europe. Energy trade isn't directly hit by us leaving the either the EU or the Single Market, but what is hit is the flow of people.

My best and brightest are now reconsidering their options. This includes the English. They've built their lives on an idea which has been pulled from under them. I wouldn't blame them if they relocated to Germany. Indeed, I'd probably follow them.

I love this little island of ours, but I'm trying to build something that lasts way beyond I'm dead and gone, and if we continue this parochial nonsense, I will go to the continent, and most of my peers in this and other games think likewise.

What will be left is not pretty.

Take a 100 year look at things and invoking Article 50 is suicide. The kids are Europeans. They are, their kids will be. And I don't blame them.

For what it's worth I think Britain may have been better staying in. I could see both sides of the coin on the issue although I think a big part of the vote was an effective 'up yours' To the Conservatives in general. I've seen and spoke to a few people who are worried along similar lines as to what you say.

Arthur Brain

my point was that, contrary to what town wrote, Britain did not abolish slavery in 1833

artie's point was that i dared to contradict town so he had to rush to town's defense

Coming from someone who's been kicked out of the 'All Things Jack' thread and 'Quixotes' for being a complete troll then your boring obsessive antics just continue to bemuse. Get a life you sad git, preferably one even within library opening hours...

What a bloody enormous bore you are dude.

DilatedMind

Mate, I'm all for jamming a pike in Town's eye (he's an egotistic demagogue, let the record show), but he's also not dumb. So, you know, pick your battles.

Neither is Mr Brain lacking in the noggin. Look, we all speak out of emotion at times. Mr Brain rightly just pulled me up for doing so.

Point being, you and I both have just been caught playing lose and fast with legislative timing and intent. Precisely when the Empire rescinded a particular brand of barbarity is somewhat inconsequential, and whatever factual victory you may think you've achieved is kinda Pyrrhic whichever way you look at it. The year's tight, but the point is 500yards to the left, at a pool party you're not invited to.

ok doser

Mate, I'm all for jamming a pike in Town's eye (he's an egotistic demagogue, let the record show), but he's also not dumb.

actually, he is

he voted for bammy in 08

drank the "hope and change" koolaid down in one go

'round here that's considered an extra special kind of stupid :thumb:

DilatedMind

actually, he is

he voted for bammy in 08

drank the "hope and change" koolaid down in one go

'round here that's considered an extra special kind of stupid :thumb:

Well, so be it.

You'll just have to forgive me for having entirely different reasons for my derision of a target.

Or, not. Whatever.

Anyhoo. No. Black on White attacks are not justified. On Topic as f....

ok doser

Extra special :)

got his halloween costume all ready to go!

coolest-homemade-short-bus-wheelchair-costume-21314025.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Mate, I'm all for jamming a pike in Town's eye (he's an egotistic demagogue, let the record show), but he's also not dumb. So, you know, pick your battles.
So at least you know history. :plain: But you could use a new dictionary. I'm not a political leader. I don't take up popular causes unless they're popular with me. I never make arguments based on emotion. I make arguments rooted in reason, mostly in the face of emotional nonsense. So your record won't play. Egotist? I know my abilities and my weaknesses. I can live with the mix...but I don't have to think that much of myself to think less of declarations in lieu of reasoned, objective and, God forbid, fair examination of a particular or person.

Like I have to tell you...by which I mean it's sad that I have to tell you that.

Mostly the people here who don't like me aren't the sort of people I'd want on my Christmas list. People like Sod (ok) who rushes back past my opposition to the president in the last election to make a dishonest impression.

That sort.

But good luck with your distortion. :thumb: At least it's different.

ok doser

Sheesh.

I guess the High Ground is easier to see as you race away from it on a train.

Good thing about trains though, there's periodic stops along the way.

You can get off at any one of them...

i've been here longer than you, and the history between me and town goes back to when he started

how is it that you have such an early join date and such a low post count?

did you have a different user name earlier?

rumour has it that i might have :noid:

DilatedMind

So at least you know history. :plain: But you could use a new dictionary. I'm not a political leader. I don't take up popular causes unless they're popular with me. I never make arguments based on emotion. I make arguments rooted in reason, mostly in the face of emotional nonsense. So your record won't play. Egotist? I know my abilities and my weaknesses. I can live with the mix...but I don't have to think that much of myself to think less of declarations in lieu of reasoned, objective and, God forbid, fair examination of a particular or person.

Like I have to tell you...by which I mean it's sad that I have to tell you that.

Mostly the people here who don't like me aren't the sort of people I'd want on my Christmas list. People like Sod (ok) who rushes back past my opposition to the president in the last election to make a dishonest impression.

That sort.

But good luck with your distortion. :thumb: At least it's different.

Clearly, I disagree.

You do you. Medium fish in a shallow pond...

Still running your humiliation. *cough*. Sorry. Observational thread?

Crack on, sunshine.

Arthur Brain

i've been here longer than you, and the history between me and town goes back to when he started

how is it that you have such an early join date and such a low post count?

did you have a different user name earlier?

rumour has it that i might have :noid:

The history between you and Town is that you've been kicked out of his threads for obsessive stalking and a fair number of bans along similar lines for the very same. Whereas he...hasn't.

Them's the facts dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.