ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

julie21

drbrumley said:
Does God go against His own word?
...No He does not...NOW....
Would you like to answer my initial question...
"How do you, Mr Brumley, know that our Lord will not convict BE because of his actions on His day?"

drbrumley

I answered your question. Since God doesnt go against His own word, then Bob then is not convicted. Case closed.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I folllow God and don't idolize men like Bob Enyart. Paul told us not to follow men, but Christ.

Regardless of whether Bob Enyart is convicted, I don't find enough credibility in hiim to follow him. That's all. He has a questionable past and a condescending style. I don't like it. I can have my opinion, and I don't condemn the man. Doc, if you can't handle the fact that I don't like him and won't follow him, oh well.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
I follow God and don't idolize men like Bob Enyart.
Are you accusing anyone here of worshipping Bob Enyart as an idol?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Morning Turbo. :wave:

While The Edge is a Christian, which make it hard for we on the outside to be precisely certain what he means sometimes, my guess is that he was not using the term "idolize" in the religious sense.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Doctor,
Are you saying it is reasonable to beat your child until he bleeds for refusing to take a shower? If so, God help your kids if they really misbehave.

Enyart took things too far but it galls his supporters to admit as much. It'd be a lot easier to say the man made a mistake, but since he personally refuses to do so it's no shock his accolytes toe the line, too.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
drbrumley said:
I answered your question. Since God doesnt go against His own word, then Bob then is not convicted. Case closed.
IIRC, Enyart was tried, convicted and served jail time.

Or are you using some special religious meaning for the word "convicted"? :think:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
Are you accusing anyone here of worshipping Bob Enyart as an idol?
I don't believe I accused anyone of "worshipping" him. Am I allowed to not like the man?

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
What I said is that Bob Enyart is questionable in my mind. I don't follow him because of what I saw, and the fierce devotion to him on this board is evident, and makes me wonder what's so great about him compared to other preachers. People defend him like he's this untouchable, amazing man and he's just a dude with a church and a radio show. That's all. I'm sure you all don't love John MacArthur, but that does not mean you judged him or that anyone who does read MacArthur "idolizes" him. The man (BE) made a mistake and did not repent for it as far as I can see. Maybe he did, and if he did, cool beans.

Last edited:

wickwoman

drbrumley said:
Thanks for the good rep Zakath. Even though it is supposed to be a bad rep, I will consider the source who gave it.

You still can't get over getting your butt whipped by Enyart in your debate with him.

Maybe Zak doesn't like your little flag. :rolleyes:

julie21

drbrumley said:
In your opinion...in my opinion, it's an unknowable situation until the End of the Age.
1 John 2 : 6 "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he did." KJV
" Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did." NIV
Question...Would Jesus have beaten a child to that extent for refusing to take a shower?
Case closed

Last edited:

PureX

granite1010 said:
Enyart took things too far but it galls his supporters to admit as much. It'd be a lot easier to say the man made a mistake, but since he personally refuses to do so it's no shock his accolytes toe the line, too.
How could such an inerrant bible luminary have made a mistake? I mean, if he made a mistake in his behavior toward his own children, he might be making mistakes in his interpretation of scripture, and of course that just can't be!

wickwoman

PureX said:
How could such an inerrant bible luminary have made a mistake? I mean, if he made a mistake in his behavior toward his own children, he might be making mistakes in his interpretation of scripture, and of course that just can't be!

:shocked:

Granite

Hall of Fame
PureX said:

:chuckle:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
drbrumley said:

I do not know all the facts. It is possible Enyart crossed the line and the discipline was borderline abusive. If he is totally innocent, then he has not violated the Word and God does not go against it. If he was quilty of unbiblical and illegal discipline, then he is convicted in God's court and human courts (Rom. 13). The State is not always right. They think any spanking is abusive, which is contrary to the Word. If it was done in anger or left marks or was against a teenager, etc., then it is not defensible. This is somewhat subjective. We do not want to side with pop psychology that minimizes any discipline. We also do not want to hide behind the Bible and justify excessive force. There are Christians that are guilty of abuse. Not that Dobson is the end all and be all, but I suspect his expertise would question this case if it is true it was over a shower and left significant marks.

One should be careful to not assume a high profile leader can do no wrong or should not be held accountable if they cross the line. As a leader, it would be wiser to be more temperate and not open the door to false accusations or give credence to others who may not have self-control and use him as a justification for excessive force. The point can be made with one spank, not 3. Did he use his hand or an object. Objects are perceived as weapons and excessive abuse.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
godrulz said:
I do not know all the facts. It is possible Enyart crossed the line and the discipline was borderline abusive. If he is totally innocent, then he has not violated the Word and God does not go against it. If he was quilty of unbiblical and illegal discipline, then he is convicted in God's court and human courts (Rom. 13). The State is not always right. They think any spanking is abusive, which is contrary to the Word. If it was done in anger or left marks or was against a teenager, etc., then it is not defensible. This is somewhat subjective. We do not want to side with pop psychology that minimizes any discipline. We also do not want to hide behind the Bible and justify excessive force. There are Christians that are guilty of abuse. Not that Dobson is the end all and be all, but I suspect his expertise would question this case if it is true it was over a shower and left significant marks.

One should be careful to not assume a high profile leader can do no wrong or should not be held accountable if they cross the line. As a leader, it would be wiser to be more temperate and not open the door to false accusations or give credence to others who may not have self-control and use him as a justification for excessive force. The point can be made with one spank, not 3. Did he use his hand or an object. Objects are perceived as weapons and excessive abuse.
I agree with this post.
To answer your question, Godrulz, Enyart took the 7 year old boy who was his stepson out to a shed and used a belt to beat the child until he had welts and was bleeding with broken skin, as the boy's mother protested the punishment.

I'm all for spanking; I use it myself. But not leaving marks, and the parents need to be united in how they deal with the children.

Enyart's kid not only got an excessively abusive beating, but his parents were not united; they fought amongst themselves. And the other important fact is that Enyart was unremorseful in court. So he crossed the line and does not think he made a mistake.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Edge said:
I agree with this post.
To answer your question, Godrulz, Enyart took the 7 year old boy who was his stepson out to a shed and used a belt to beat the child until he had welts and was bleeding with broken skin, as the boy's mother protested the punishment.

Would you mind citing your source?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
These articles are plastered all over the internet. Just google search bob enyart and you'll find it.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
He also hired ACLU lawyers to defend him....the organization he usually is attacking. Interesting.....