ARCHIVE: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

ARCHIVE: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 87 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 18.7%

• Total voters

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
You want to come over on Christmas?
I had every intention of spending Christmas in CO this year. Blast those unforeseen circumstances.

Maybe I'll see you guys in the summer. :)

koban

That's not the reason Paul is so emphatically against religious holidays. Rather, it is because the Body of Christ is seated with their Head above all the angelic realm. And to submit to religious ritual, ceremony, symbolism and holidays is to submit to that angelic realm. It is an open denial of the blessings Christ died to secure for His Body.

I am only conveying what is taught in scripture. One could say the same thing about abortion protestors. The open denial of the Headship of Christ is far far worse than abortion.

As the holiday approaches, I thought it might be fun to revisit this old blast from the past!

Merry Christmas Jimmy!

Don't you be going and having an abortion now, yuh hear?

koban

Just a reminder to all of you who might be considering celebrating Christmas - according to TOL's resident genius Hilston, celebrating Christmas is worse than abortion. :kookoo:

Doncha wish the silly little fella would come back so we can enjoy his insanity? :darwinsm:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
On Christmas, I celebrate the day God became man, i.e., Immanuel "God with us." I do enjoy the season, which started with Black Friday. Between now and then, may the light of the Lord Jesus the Christ descend upon you and give you peace.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: Merry Christmas Hilston! :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Hilston

Hall of Fame
Just a reminder to all of you who might be considering celebrating Christmas - according to TOL's resident genius Hilston, celebrating Christmas is worse than abortion. :kookoo:

Doncha wish the silly little fella would come back so we can enjoy his insanity? :darwinsm:
For the record, I should point out that I've retracted that assertion. I was wrong. Celebrating religious holydays (i.e. angel worship) is not worse than abortion, but it is nonetheless a denial of Christ as Head. For the detailed discussion and my retraction, see the following thread:

Hilston's retraction

Keep the 'Mass' in XMas,
Hilston

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For the detailed discussion and my retraction, see the following thread:

Hilston's retraction
I appreciate that very much Jim. But where's the retraction? :idunno:

In the link you simply state....

Let me say, having read through your posts quickly, that I may have overstated the case and perhaps should start composing my retraction.
Did I miss that actual retraction?

Either way, I appreciate the sentiment. I really do.