ARCHIVE: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

ARCHIVE: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 87 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 18.7%

• Total voters

Sozo

Why not?

I look for every opportunity to share Christ with those who don't know Him, and what could be better than taking advanatge of the holiday?

SOTK

Re: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

Re: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

Originally posted by Lucky

Will you be celebrating Christmas this year?

Yep! :thumb:

C

cattyfan

I celebrate the birth (deathand resurrection) of Christ everyday. As for Christmas, proper...absolutely. But I still prefer Easter.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BillyBob

What's the matter, Lucky, no friends to buy you presents?
I know at least two Christians here won't be celebrating Christmas this year, for religious reasons. I'm just wondering how many more of them there are like that.

philosophizer

Yes, I am celebrating Christmas this year because I can and I like to. Not because I am supposed to or not supposed to. Apparently this guy name Jesus died in order to free me. And I like to enjoy that freedom when I can.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by philosophizer

Yes, I am celebrating Christmas this year because I can and I like to. Not because I am supposed to or not supposed to. Apparently this guy name Jesus died in order to free me. And I like to enjoy that freedom when I can.
:thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Fake tree and menorah in my apartment. Gifts with my family. My mom's eggnog. Mmmm. Eggnog.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Christine

I will not be celebrating Christmas this year for religious reasons. This article explains quite well why I don't celebrate Christmas. :)

Stuffy legalistic nonsense. And here I thought I was such a Scrooge. Don't be a downer, Christine, celebrate! Brother. I'm an apostate and I'm going to at least TRY to have a good Christmas season.

Christine

Originally posted by On Fire

That was just plain silly.
OF, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't expect me to believe you based on that one statement. It was the Israelites that were required to keep religious holy days and feasts. As Body members, we are not required to, indeed, we should not partake of religious holidays. To partake of such would be putting ourselves, as believers, under the bondage of leagalism again, which we are freed from.

Christine

Originally posted by granite1010

Stuffy legalistic nonsense. And here I thought I was such a Scrooge. Don't be a downer, Christine, celebrate! Brother. I'm an apostate and I'm going to at least TRY to have a good Christmas season.
Granite, you don't even claim to be a Christian, so why am I not surprised you don't understand the reasoning behind my decision?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Christine,
I don't see non/celebration today as a "requirment". I am not mandated to observe (or not) special days, but Paul says, "One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. " :)

I'm curious, I read over the list of prohibited days and didn't see birthdays listed. Do you celebrate birthdays and anniversaries?