ARCHIVE: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

ARCHIVE: Will You Be Celebrating Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 87 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 18.7%

• Total voters

Hilston

Hall of Fame
I appreciate that very much Jim. But where's the retraction? :idunno: ... Did I miss that actual retraction?

Either way, I appreciate the sentiment. I really do.
I apologize. I thought that post would lead to my subsequent statements on the subject. Below are two posts that cover it. The first states that it's time for me to make the retraction, and shows my agreement with those urging me to retract. The second expands on my retraction and elaborates on my agreement with points offered against my previous position.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1816738&postcount=68
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1817497&postcount=89

Open theists don't kill people; Open Theism does,
Hilston

koban

I apologize. I thought that post would lead to my subsequent statements on the subject. Below are two posts that cover it. The first states that it's time for me to make the retraction, and shows my agreement with those urging me to retract. The second expands on my retraction and elaborates on my agreement with points offered against my previous position.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1816738&postcount=68
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1817497&postcount=89

Open theists don't kill people; Open Theism does,
Hilston

And yet, Little Jimmy, you argued for your side so vigorously with a surety of rectitude.

Could it be that some of your other strongly held viewpoints are as fallacious?

Either way, have a Merry Chritmas, you legalistic so and so! :wave2:

Hilston

Hall of Fame
And yet, Little Jimmy, you argued for your side so vigorously with a surety of rectitude.

Could it be that some of your other strongly held viewpoints are as fallacious?
Absolutely. I'm sure they exist. And, as I have in the past, I will admit the error of those views whenever they are coherently and biblically exposed as such. Only on rare occasion has anyone on this site presented the biblical clarity and cogency that we see from M.K. Nawojski and Pam Baldwin. Too bad there aren't more like them around.

Either way, have a Merry Chritmas, you legalistic so and so! :wave2:
What do you celebrate on Chritmas? The birth of Chrit? You must be referring to the incarnation of the Open View demi-god whom no one can really trust, who doesn't really do anything, who is powerless to actually save a single person, who is clueless about a future that doesn't really exist, who makes foolhardy prophesies and pronouncements, who sets his prophets up for failure, and who uses trial and error to figure the best way to run his hapless universe. Now THERE's a god worthy of a birthday celebration! Wonder what kind of cake Chrit prefers?

Parental advisory,
Hilston

koban

Absolutely. I'm sure they exist. And, as I have in the past, I will admit the error of those views whenever they are coherently and biblically exposed as such. Only on rare occasion has anyone on this site presented the biblical clarity and cogency that we see from M.K. Nawojski and Pam Baldwin. Too bad there aren't more like them around.

Ahhh, silly little Jimmy. You've had your fanny spanked so many times by people debating your silly beliefs that its a wonder you can sit down. Of course, you're too proud of your own staggering intellect to admit it. :chuckle:

What do you celebrate on Chritmas? The birth of Chrit? You must be referring to the incarnation of the Open View demi-god whom no one can really trust, who doesn't really do anything, who is powerless to actually save a single person, who is clueless about a future that doesn't really exist, who makes foolhardy prophesies and pronouncements, who sets his prophets up for failure, and who uses trial and error to figure the best way to run his hapless universe. Now THERE's a god worthy of a birthday celebration! Wonder what kind of cake Chrit prefers?

Parental advisory,
Hilston

How appropriate that after being labelled legalistic, you prove it by going off on a silly rant based around a spelling error. :darwinsm:

Glad to see you haven't changed a bit and are still good for little more than amusement. But invaluable for that! Thanks for being the class clown extraordinaire!

Merry Christmas, you silly fool! :wave2:

jeneve

NO CHRISTMAS FOR ME .

CHRISTMAS is utterly Pagan and God Hates it .

There is absolutely nothing Christian about it.

It takes away from the Truth of the Bible and

does not portray what God requires of us.

TRUE Christians want to OBEY God and not Flaunt this

Pagan Substitute in God's Face.

amen to that and way to go!:thumb:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
And why is it (a holy day on the -Christian- calendar) called Christmas?

You must be true to your name (handle) to bring up a thread about celebrating Christmas in May. I do not think about celebrating Christmas until December, call me old fashioned, but I do not think about Christmas in the spring.

jeneve

Some doofy noob. Thinks Christmas is evil.

Musta been dropped on his head as a child.

Ooh, I just love the insults! And the way you can't even tell that my name is a woman's name, not a man's. And as for Marycontrary's post, I'm not actually a pinko commie. I chose that because I have no political affiliation, and there wasn't a "none" category.

Back to the Christmas- I have yet to see how Christmas comes from Christ, and until I do, I refuse to celebrate it. If you have a problem with that, then the problem is yours alone. Not mine.:blabla:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You must be true to your name (handle) to bring up a thread about celebrating Christmas in May. I do not think about celebrating Christmas until December, call me old fashioned, but I do not think about Christmas in the spring.
I wouldn't even celebrate it in the spring. We have a song on Christian radio here in Washington called "Christmas in the Northwest". It truely is, "a gift God wrapped in green".

:)