ARCHIVE: The Apostle Pauls affirms that a Christian can sin.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
:doh:

Okay, I get it now, it's like were at the zoo, and you've never seen a Baboon before, so you are asking me if that is a Baboon.
No, not at all like that. A baboon is a baboon, whereas a human can be a Christian or not a Christian, yet still entirely human. When we look at a human we don't know if they are a Christian or not so the question "is that guy a Christian?" is a valid one.

Yes, Knight, as far as I know, he is a Christian. However, what you are seeing is only his body, because a Christian is a spritual being, that dwells in a body.
Is that really what you would tell me?

Are you being honest?

Sozo

Knight said:
No, not at all like that. A baboon is a baboon, whereas a human can be a Christian or not a Christian, yet still entirely human. When we look at a human we don't know if they are a Christian or not so the question "is that guy a Christian?" is a valid one.

Is that really what you would tell me?

Are you being honest?

My honest answer is, I would say... "He says he is"

elected4ever

Knight said:
:idunno:

im·plac·aa·ble:

–adjective
not to be appeased, mollified, or pacified; inexorable: an implacable enemy.

—Synonymsunappeasablee, unbending, merciless.

Should I be "appeased" that my friend and brother in Christ (that's you) is in error? :(
Why are you so moronic?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
My honest answer is, I would say... "He says he is"
Ok, but you wouldn't go into a theological explanation about how he is identified in the Spirit and therefore the fleshy part of him isn't really the Christian part of him would you?

elected4ever

Knight, didn't you read the whole post are are you stuck in the part that you can agree in? You seem to have no discernment.

Sozo

Knight said:
Ok, but you wouldn't go into a theological explanation about how he is identified in the Spirit and therefore the fleshy part of him isn't really the Christian part of him would you?

Not unless you started accusing him of sinning.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
Knight, didn't you read the whole post are are you stuck in the part that you can agree in? You seem to have no discernment.
Can't we agree on certain aspects of an argument without agreeing on the whole thing?

Is your dogma collared so tight that it can't even enjoy a bone now and then?

:dog:

elected4ever

Knight said:
Can't we agree on certain aspects of an argument without agreeing on the whole thing?

Is your dogma collared so tight that it can't even enjoy a bone now and then?

:dog:
What good is any of it if it is not all true? What good is any truth if it agrees with a lie. Does not the lie change the truth? Accept it all or accept none of it. There is no such thing as partial truth. :(

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
What good is any of it if it is not all true? What good is any truth if it agrees with a lie. Does not the lie change the truth? Accept it all or accept none of it. There is no such thing as partial truth. :(
:sigh:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:

Ok, Knight, see these men in these nice white coats? They're your friends. They're going to take you away now to a "happy place". :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
Was I telling the truth or was I lying Knight?
Uh... about what? :confused:

Nevermind, it doesn't matter. You see... that's the difference between me and you. I am not going to accuse you of lying just because we have a disagreement. And I am not going to accuse you of not be saved just because you don't acknowledge the biblical usage of a three letter word.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
That is not funny, Poly. It is down right pathetic.

Oh, lighten up, Fred!

elected4ever

Knight said:
Uh... about what? :confused:

Nevermind, it doesn't matter. You see... that's the difference between me and you. I am not going to accuse you of lying just because we have a disagreement. And I am not going to accuse you of not be saved just because you don't acknowledge the biblical usage of a three letter word.
Every time you open you mouth you accuse me of lying. At least I have the decency to show you your error. Where is mine?

mercyschild

elected4ever said:
According to your standards she did but according to my understanding Poly just made a mistake that should be corrected.

Anything we do AGAINST God is sin...no matter how you classify it :duh: