ARCHIVE: The Apostle Pauls affirms that a Christian can sin.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
Okay, but I did not ignore it. I just have not answered the one verse in the entire bible that suggests that Christians sin.

When the rest of the bible states that we do not, it sometimes takes more time to address the one verse that is contrary without just posting all the ones that you ignore.
There is far more than just one verse. You equivocate the other verses and frankly I don't find your explanations the least bit compelling. I think the verses speak for themselves.

And now we learn "Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." means something other than what it so clearly states??? What next Sozo??? What next?

Sozo

That verse does not stand alone in what it is that grieves Him. You have to make an assumption, unless you have more information.

You are asking me to make the same assumptions that you are making.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
Do you mean that if we act like we are dead and do the thing the dead do then we are somehow less than a child of God? Let me ask you, If your child got into the wrong crowd and participated with them in some unlawful behavior and was caught, would you disown that child or correct that child? Would you not love that child and correct your child? Would you be hurt emotionally by what the child did? Yes. Would you correct that child out of anger or love? Did the child miss the mark of your expectations? Yes. Is this missing the mark what you are calling sin? Your relationship between you and your child did not change did it. Just how the love in the relationship is expressed changes.
"Just how the love in the relationship is expressed changes."

Which of course is a type of change.

Thank you for conceding the point.

Oh and e4e, you completely ignored my last post. Do you expect me to keep responding to you when you wont do likewise?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
That verse does not stand alone in what it is that grieves Him. You have to make an assumption, unless you have more information.

You are asking me to make the same assumptions that you are making.
The verse provides it's own context.....

Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God (the grieving part) , by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (the context is to a Christian)

Even in the larger context there is no reason to assert that Ephesians 4:30 means anything other than what it so clearly states.

Sozo

I've got to run for a few hours.

(This is your cue, godrulz. Don't forget your hanky to wipe the brown off your nose with when your done)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
People who assert I am not saved....
- SentientSynth
- Docrob57
- e4e
- Sozo

Who am I leaving out?
Domonic says that only Catholics are saved.

elected4ever

Knight said:
"Just how the love in the relationship is expressed changes."

Which of course is a type of change.

Thank you for conceding the point.

Oh and e4e, you completely ignored my last post. Do you expect me to keep responding to you when you wont do likewise?
The problem is Knight, Who is missing the mark? That which is born of Man or that which is born of God? Is it the Spirit that needs disciplined or the Flesh? I don't know about you but I count it all joy when my flesh suffers the discipline of the Lord. It means that it am receiving instruction in righteousness. I have never said that my flesh became perfect at my new birth but I am not identified by my flesh. The world identifies me by my flesh but I am not of this world. I have a longing to go home and be free of this body of death.

I must disagree emphaticly that a change in the way love is expressed is a change in relationship. I have conceded nothing to to you. You are looking through the eyes of the world that wants you to be like them. The truth is I am not like them and I do not wont to be like them. Am I better than they? Yes, and they know it but so are you. Am I to act in an air of superiority? No, and I don't. The legalist does. It is the legalist that keeps beating them over the head with a dead law that they could never keep in the first place. That is what the pharisees did and they could not even keep the law. That is what a hypocrite is.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
I don't know about you but I count it all joy when my flesh suffers the discipline of the Lord. It means that it am receiving instruction in righteousness......

......I must disagree emphaticly that a change in the way love is expressed is a change in relationship.

:nono:

Sometimes I'm just embarrassed for you, e4e. You get so desperate, you end up saying things that are irrelevant, don't make sense or just plain silly, making you look foolish and you don't even see it.

elected4ever

Poly said:
:nono:

Sometimes I'm just embarrassed for you, e4e. You get so desperate that you end up saying things that make you look foolish and you don't even see it.
As I am for you Poly, at times. How dare you give credence to a person when they deny the presence of life in the child of God and then clam to be one.. You want that person to go to Hell? :bang:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey e4e....

1Corinthians 8:12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.

Maybe Poly sinned??? :think:

elected4ever

Knight said:
Hey e4e....

1Corinthians 8:12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.

When one blatantly denies the faith they are not of the brethren.

elected4ever

Knight said:
Hey e4e....

According to your standards she did but according to my understanding Poly just made a mistake that should be corrected.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
According to your standards she did but according to my understanding Poly just made a mistake that should be corrected.
So.... you think Poly is saved???? :think:

Poly thinks Christians can sin, how can you think she is saved?

Why Poly and not me???? :(

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

elected4ever

Knight said:
So.... you think Poly is saved???? :think:

Poly thinks Christians can sin, how can you think she is saved?

Why Poly and not me???? :(
There is a difference in a person wrongly thinking they sin due to bad teaching and one that preaches another gospel. I do have to admit I have to think about you from time to time and hope it is the former and not the latter. :sigh:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
There is a difference in a person wrongly thinking they sin due to bad teaching and one that preaches another gospel. I do have to admit I have to think about you from time to time and hope it is the former and not the latter. :sigh:

Wait a minute. You're making it sound as if you might still think Knight's saved. I don't want him in our club. I liked it better when I was saved and he wasn't. :noid:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
Wait a minute. You're making it sound as if you might still think Knight's saved. I don't want him in our club. I liked it better when I was saved and he wasn't. :noid:
:rotfl:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
Can someone preach the wrong gospel due to bad teaching?

And don't sell me short..... both you and Sozo have both already told me that I worship a different Jesus than you do.

elected4ever

Poly said:
Well live with it. You and he are a part of the poorly taught club. So I guess you are stuck with him. For a while anyway. :rolleyes: