ARCHIVE: Pro-choice on abortion, Anti-choice on avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom Train

BANNED
Banned
Do you support the killing of innocent, defenseless, unborn children, or not?

This whiny, emotionalistic characterization of abortion is inaccurate. The question does not compute because it assumes your immature and uninformed emotions are based on facts but such is not the case.

Robert Blake is the one who shot his wife in the restaurant.

Check again. Bonnie Blakey was shot in a car outside a restaurant and there were no witnesses.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
This whiny, emotionalistic characterization of abortion is inaccurate. The question does not compute because it assumes your immature and uninformed emotions are based on facts but such is not the case.
Are unborn children guilty of anything? Can they defend themselves? Does abortion kill them?

Check again. Bonnie Blakey was shot in a car outside a restaurant and there were no witnesses.
OK, whatever. Ron Goldman and Nicole Simpson were still killed in Nicole's home. I don't think he was just a waiter.

whisperingwillows

BANNED
Banned
Hi,

I am "new" here (though I have debated on CARM which carries the almost exact same format) I just have to add my two cents here. A dead fetus (IMV) is the same as a dead 20 year old. A dead human body is a dead human body no matter what the stage. I was brought up and especially confirmed by my faith to respect those who have passed on and NOT display their remains for whatever purpose.

If I found out someone was using a pciture of my late mother I would have three kids of hissy fits, no matter what agenda they were trying to push. Secondly I would not want my children to be exposed to such as that. Now, if this is NOT a forum that I can sit and participate in while my kids are around me, I will gracefully bow out now.

Brandy

In resposne to....

It is offensive that's true.

What's more offensive?

- Jefferson's avatar?

or.....

- Abortion?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi,

I am "new" here (though I have debated on CARM which carries the almost exact same format) I just have to add my two cents here. A dead fetus (IMV) is the same as a dead 20 year old. A dead human body is a dead human body no matter what the stage. I was brought up and especially confirmed by my faith to respect those who have passed on and NOT display their remains for whatever purpose.

If I found out someone was using a pciture of my late mother I would have three kids of hissy fits, no matter what agenda they were trying to push. Secondly I would not want my children to be exposed to such as that. Now, if this is NOT a forum that I can sit and participate in while my kids are around me, I will gracefully bow out now.

Brandy

Welcome Brandy.

I agree with everything you just stated...:)

whisperingwillows

BANNED
Banned
Thanks. I know some people in the PL movement who want to use the images of dead babies (zefs...I calls them babies) to promote the PL view. I am not so big on this because of the disrespect it shows to those who have died (yes I consider zefs to be "those") But, I do have to admit I may go overboard. Yesterday I had to dispose of a cat who our dog had killed. As I was lifting it with the shovel I was murmuring "I mean no disrespect" That was how I was raised. You respect those who have passed on, and in no way shape or form would I ever use a corpse to promote my agenda. I believe abortion is wrong, and I can use my arguments without disrespecting those who have passed on.

Brandy

In response to.....

Welcome Brandy.

I agree with everything you just stated...:)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks. I know some people in the PL movement who want to use the images of dead babies (zefs...I calls them babies) to promote the PL view. I am not so big on this because of the disrespect it shows to those who have died (yes I consider zefs to be "those") But, I do have to admit I may go overboard. Yesterday I had to dispose of a cat who our dog had killed. As I was lifting it with the shovel I was murmuring "I mean no disrespect" That was how I was raised. You respect those who have passed on, and in no way shape or form would I ever use a corpse to promote my agenda. I believe abortion is wrong, and I can use my arguments without disrespecting those who have passed on.

Brandy

In response to.....

That makes sense. So out of curiosity, are you prolife or anti-abortion?

whisperingwillows

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm, I would call myself more prolife than anti-abortion. I find abortion to be evil, and am against it, but more along the lines of making it unthinkable rather than illegal. I find it more helpful to follow in the footsteps of Jesus as to meet the needs of those (everyone) no matter their stance or choice, to fight abortion on the reason level rather than the legal one. I am more prolife because I am anti death penalty. I do not believe that here and now, in the US of A (where I reside) we do not honor God as a country so when we put people to death it is not the same as it was given in the OT to the Jewish nation (early). I will support the DP when Jesus rules on this earth during his Thousand yera reign from the throne of David.

Brandy

In response to....

That makes sense. So out of curiosity, are you prolife or anti-abortion?

whisperingwillows

BANNED
Banned
I just replied this way to someone else, but it is 100 percent needed to be brought out. You (dear, in general, not personally) are disrespecting human life to display remains in such a fashion to promote your agenda (which I am against abortion) I am also against strokes, but would not want my mother's corpse being displayed by anti-neurological (sp) disease fighters.

To use someone who has died via a certain way (esp a legal way) in such a fashion really is wrong. It is disrespectful. Secondly, if there is not some guidelines to displaying pictures on here that others can walk by and view (and I do NOTHING online, other than maybe Christmas shopping......that my kids cannot see)

We can pronounce the prolife/antiabortion message without disrespecting unborn babies.

Brandy

In response to...

I know it's difficult to look at, but it did get your attention. So many people don't believe that these little babies are humans. I thankful for every post Jefferson makes because it reminds us what abortion really is. The murder of an innocent life.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am more prolife because I am anti death penalty. I do not believe that here and now, in the US of A (where I reside) we do not honor God as a country so when we put people to death it is not the same as it was given in the OT to the Jewish nation (early). I will support the DP when Jesus rules on this earth during his Thousand yera reign from the throne of David.

Brandy

Yep, that is pretty much the determination of why I refer to myself as anti-abortion is because I am pro-death penalty.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You have no concept what prolife is ... and your version of Christianity leaves alot to be desired.
:rotfl:

I don't claim to be pro-life. And who desires what? You? You desire God to be other than Who He is. So it's no surprise you desire Christianity to be different. But God desires nothing of me, other than serving Him. And that is exactly what I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.