ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

Freak

Originally posted by Zakath

You're sowing the seeds of confusion for your readers here, Jay. Let's see if I can demonstrate why...
  • 1. You claim to be a monotheist, that is a believer in the existence of only a single diety. In keeping with that definition, I've read you categorically denying the existence of any other deity than the one you worship.

2. You claim that these alleged demons take on the form of a deity different from yours.

3. Because of #1, you assert that Kali or Shiva are not deities.

Therefore these alleged demons cannot be "demon gods" since your worldview denies the existence of other gods than yours.

It's your use of terminology like "god" that's confusing people. If you used a different term than "demon gods" your point would be much clearer.

The only two confused posters on this thread that I know of is- you and Wickwoman. :rolleyes:

wickwoman

Demon Gods

Demon Gods

Well, Freak, demon gods have always been very confusing for me, kinda like space aliens, gnomes, fairies, honest lawyers, leprechauns, and unicorns.

calvinistkid

wickwoman, maybe your post would be more effective and get your point across clearer if you actualy argued logicaly instead of making fun of anyone you disagree with. Just a thought.

wickwoman

Originally posted by calvinistkid
wickwoman, maybe your post would be more effective and get your point across clearer if you actualy argued logicaly instead of making fun of anyone you disagree with. Just a thought.

I'm not exactly sure of how to argue "logically" about demon gods. Besides, I tried that and it didn't work out so now I'm having more fun.:D

Freak

Originally posted by wickwoman

I'm not exactly sure of how to argue "logically" about demon gods. Besides, I tried that and it didn't work out so now I'm having more fun.:D

The apostle Paul when speaking of idols (i.e. includes present day idols like Kali & Shiva) mentions that the reality behind the idols (spiritually energizing the worship of such) are demons.

Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry. I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say. The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.
Observe Israel after the flesh: Are not those who eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? What am I saying then? That an idol is anything, or what is offered to idols is anything? Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons. Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?

The connection between idols and demons is clear.

wickwoman

What Hindus Believe

What Hindus Believe

"Nine Beliefs of Hinduism

Hindus believe in the divinity of the Vedas, the world's most ancient scripture, and venerate the Agamas as equally revealed. These primordial hymns are God's word and the bedrock of Sanatana Dharma, the eternal religion which has neither beginning nor end.

Hindus believe in a one, all-pervasive Supreme Being who is both immanent and transcendent, both Creator and Unmanifest Reality.

Hindus believe that the universe undergoes endless cycles of creation, preservation and dissolution.

Hindus believe in karma, the law of cause and effect by which each individual creates his own destiny by his thoughts, words and deeds.

Hindus believe that the soul reincarnates, evolving through many births until all karmas have been resolved, and moksha, spiritual knowledge and liberation from the cycle of rebirth, is attained. Not a single soul will be eternally deprived of this destiny.

Hindus believe that divine beings exist in unseen worlds and that temple worship, rituals, sacraments as well as personal devotionals create a communion with these devas and Gods.

Hindus believe that a spiritually awakened master, or satguru, is essential to know the Transcendent Absolute, as are personal discipline, good conduct, purification, pilgrimage, self-inquiry and meditation. Hindus believe that all life is sacred, to be loved and revered, and therefore practice ahimsa, "noninjury."

Hindus believe that no particular religion teaches the only way to salvation above all others, but that all genuine religious paths are facets of God's Pure Love and Light, deserving tolerance and understanding." From Belief.net

I didn't seen anything in there about demon gods, they must be trying to hide them.

Freak

Re: What Hindus Believe

Re: What Hindus Believe

"Nine Beliefs of Hinduism

Hindus believe in the divinity of the Vedas, the world's most ancient scripture, and venerate the Agamas as equally revealed. These primordial hymns are God's word and the bedrock of Sanatana Dharma, the eternal religion which has neither beginning nor end.

Hindus believe in a one, all-pervasive Supreme Being who is both immanent and transcendent, both Creator and Unmanifest Reality.

Hindus believe that the universe undergoes endless cycles of creation, preservation and dissolution.

Hindus believe in karma, the law of cause and effect by which each individual creates his own destiny by his thoughts, words and deeds.

Hindus believe that the soul reincarnates, evolving through many births until all karmas have been resolved, and moksha, spiritual knowledge and liberation from the cycle of rebirth, is attained. Not a single soul will be eternally deprived of this destiny.

Hindus believe that divine beings exist in unseen worlds and that temple worship, rituals, sacraments as well as personal devotionals create a communion with these devas and Gods.

Hindus believe that a spiritually awakened master, or satguru, is essential to know the Transcendent Absolute, as are personal discipline, good conduct, purification, pilgrimage, self-inquiry and meditation. Hindus believe that all life is sacred, to be loved and revered, and therefore practice ahimsa, "noninjury."

Hindus believe that no particular religion teaches the only way to salvation above all others, but that all genuine religious paths are facets of God's Pure Love and Light, deserving tolerance and understanding." From Belief.net

I didn't seen anything in there about demon gods, they must be trying to hide them.

Nope. They are right there but you failed to see them. You must be blind.

Who are these "divine beings" but beings like Shiva & Kali? Well, in the Christian worldview, as stated in my last post, there is but One God. The other so-called "gods" are not really gods but rather demons taking upon the form of these gods to deceive. Moses made this clear in the Old Covenant:

"They sacrificed to demons, not to God,
To gods they did not know,
To new gods, new arrivals
That your fathers did not fear."

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Freak

The only two confused posters on this thread that I know of is- you and Wickwoman. :rolleyes:

... this from a man who claims that supernatural invisible aliens inhabit human bodies...

Hmm. As my mother used to say, "Consider the source." :rolleyes:

wickwoman

Dear Freak:

You fail to see the comparision between your belief in demons, demon gods, angels, and Satan as a problem with your supposed "one god" theory. A god is a being that is not human, dwelling in the supernatural realm, not mortal. So, if you believe in demons, then you believe in more than one god. This makes you the same as the Hindus who believe in one ruler God - Brahmin and many other smaller gods who help him carry out his work. Actually, modern day Hindus are more prone to monotheism and believe the other gods are just expressions of the many powers, moods, personalities of the one big God.

The only difference in your religion and Hinduism is that you believe humans are separate from God and Hindus believe that god dwells in every man and woman - Atman.

wickwoman

Originally posted by Zakath

... this from a man who claims that supernatural invisible aliens inhabit human bodies...

Hmm. As my mother used to say, "Consider the source." :rolleyes:

It's O.K. Zakath, maybe one day you and I will understand these "deeper spiritual truths" like Freak does. Demon gods are a very difficult concept for just an ordinary layperson to grasp. The "resident exorcist" has a handle on it though.

calvinistkid

Dear Freak:

You fail to see the comparision between your belief in demons, demon gods, angels, and Satan as a problem with your supposed "one god" theory. A god is a being that is not human, dwelling in the supernatural realm, not mortal. So, if you believe in demons, then you believe in more than one god. This makes you the same as the Hindus who believe in one ruler God - Brahmin and many other smaller gods who help him carry out his work. Actually, modern day Hindus are more prone to monotheism and believe the other gods are just expressions of the many powers, moods, personalities of the one big God.

The only difference in your religion and Hinduism is that you believe humans are separate from God and Hindus believe that god dwells in every man and woman - Atman.

Wickwoman, the problem comes from the fact that you two are defining "god" differently. The "Christian" deffinition of "god" is much more specific. For a being to qualify as a deity in the christian worldview it must not be a created being. Christians believe that angels are created things, and that satan and demons are merely fallen angels. So by a christian definition of deity, there is only one God.

wickwoman

Originally posted by calvinistkid

Wickwoman, the problem comes from the fact that you two are defining "god" differently. The "Christian" deffinition of "god" is much more specific. For a being to qualify as a deity in the christian worldview it must not be a created being. Christians believe that angels are created things, and that satan and demons are merely fallen angels. So by a christian definition of deity, there is only one God.

The Christians do not get a write a new dictionary just because their view of things is biased and impaired by tunnel vision.

quasi

Hello everyone, I am the college roommate of the niece in question. I would first like to say that I am not a religious person and I would appreciate it if you all could refrain from trying to convert or save me. Hopefully you can respect my decision as a free thinking individual to make up my own mind about things. I have read all 19 pages of this thread and I would like to thank the majority of you for reminding me why I am not part of an organized religion. Now about the topic, I want you all to know that I am deeply offended that you would liken my friends to pedophiles and rapists. Do you not realize what you are saying? Wickwoman's niece is my friend because of who she is, not who she loves. She cares deeply about the people around her, has a witty, sarcastic humor, she's creative, a perfectionist, and walks with the attitude that she can take on the world, and she can. You people don't know all this and so much more. So I understand it is hard for you to move past what you have been taught and accept her as a person, not her supposed "sins" and for that I feel deep pity. She cannot help who she loves anymore than we can, and to try to change someones very basic desires is to bring about pain and ignore the very essence of our humanity, to love.

Freak

Originally posted by quasi
p.s. wick I love you quote at the bottom

We appreciate you coming on board.

We do care for your friend and love her as Jesus loves her.

But, in our Christian moral code, we simply cannot dismiss the clear teachings of the Holy Scriptures that declare homosexuality as a sin.

Sozo

Originally posted by quasi
Hello everyone, I am the college roommate of the niece in question. I would first like to say that I am not a religious person and I would appreciate it if you all could refrain from trying to convert or save me. Hopefully you can respect my decision as a free thinking individual to make up my own mind about things. I have read all 19 pages of this thread and I would like to thank the majority of you for reminding me why I am not part of an organized religion. Now about the topic, I want you all to know that I am deeply offended that you would liken my friends to pedophiles and rapists. Do you not realize what you are saying? Wickwoman's niece is my friend because of who she is, not who she loves. She cares deeply about the people around her, has a witty, sarcastic humor, she's creative, a perfectionist, and walks with the attitude that she can take on the world, and she can. You people don't know all this and so much more. So I understand it is hard for you to move past what you have been taught and accept her as a person, not her supposed "sins" and for that I feel deep pity. She cannot help who she loves anymore than we can, and to try to change someones very basic desires is to bring about pain and ignore the very essence of our humanity, to love.

Your perception of truth is tainted by acceptance of a lifestyle that is indeed a choice. A pedophile would use the same argument as you... "they cannot help who they love".

You are blinded by your "illusion of knowledge".

Zakath

Resident Atheist

It's O.K. Zakath, maybe one day you and I will understand these "deeper spiritual truths" like Freak does. Demon gods are a very difficult concept for just an ordinary layperson to grasp. The "resident exorcist" has a handle on it though.

That makes me feel so much better! ;)

quasi

pedophiles are harmful, you are ignoring the fact that she is harming no one, to ignore who she is to try to change would bring about more harm.