ARCHIVE: I believe religion to be obsolete

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jjjg

http://isurvived.org/2MemorialDrives/4_PolishVictims.html

Read the article as well as hundreds of others on the Internet.

Three million Catholic poles killed in the Holocaust. You're not a holocaust denial supporter are you?

By the way, Granite, the Black Pope refers to the head Jesuit in Rome not some Papal conspiracy theory.

Learn about a topic before you start yapping away.

I'm half Jewish, you flippant canuck.

Jackielabby

Banned
Banned
Lighthouse you just don't get it, do you? I was a catholic a long time ago. My sister is still a devout catholic. She considers herself to be a good christian. I love and respect her very much. I resent anti-catholic comments from xians who purport to be xians. Some of the fundies' views on this site mirror views held by the KKK. I had a lot of respect for Mother Theresa who was a catholic.But for a so-called christian to say catholics are not christian is just ridiculous. Who the heck decides whether another person is a christian or not? I think that should be decided by your god, and him alone.

Jackielabby

Banned
Banned

http://isurvived.org/2MemorialDrives/4_PolishVictims.html

Read the article as well as hundreds of others on the Internet.

Three million Catholic poles killed in the Holocaust. You're not a holocaust denial supporter are you?

By the way, Granite, the Black Pope refers to the head Jesuit in Rome not some Papal conspiracy theory.

Learn about a topic before you start yapping away.

The Polish Catholics were not killed because they were Catholics but because they were Poles. Hitler thought all slavs, Poles were inferior races.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
And Jews as well, but what is your point? I am just saying that the church hardly viewed fascism with sympathy.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jackielabby

Lighthouse you just don't get it, do you? I was a catholic a long time ago. My sister is still a devout catholic. She considers herself to be a good christian. I love and respect her very much. I resent anti-catholic comments from xians who purport to be xians. Some of the fundies' views on this site mirror views held by the KKK. I had a lot of respect for Mother Theresa who was a catholic.But for a so-called christian to say catholics are not christian is just ridiculous. Who the heck decides whether another person is a christian or not? I think that should be decided by your god, and him alone.
Firstly, most of it was a joke. Calm down. I know that Catholics can be true Christians. But I also know that most Cathiolic dogma and doctrine is contrary to what the Bible specifically says. And there is even things some Catholics are trying to get into the doctrine that denies the sufficiency of Christ's sacrafice.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

Firstly, most of it was a joke. Calm down. I know that Catholics can be true Christians. But I also know that most Cathiolic dogma and doctrine is contrary to what the Bible specifically says. And there is even things some Catholics are trying to get into the doctrine that denies the sufficiency of Christ's sacrafice.

:confused: Hey! Fill me in, :Brandon:

Granite

Hall of Fame

And Jews as well, but what is your point? I am just saying that the church hardly viewed fascism with sympathy.

The church in Italy did. Ignorance like this gets real old.

Your comments yesterday were infuriating. I don't expect an apology but wanted to give you an FYI.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
The truth infuriates bigots like you, I realize that.

The church in Italy was stuck in a dictatorship regime. It would have been stupid to completely cut off any dialogue with the government as it would in Germany.

Look at the number of Catholics in these countries. They are under the care of the church.

When the Bishops and Pope did speak out, the Nazis used as an excuse to send clergy and Catholics of Jewish origin to concentration.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
"I'm half Jewish, you flippant Cannuck."

Your point being that you are ignorant of the history behind the Holocaust and Jewish at the same time? That's pathetic.

Granite

Hall of Fame

"I'm half Jewish, you flippant Cannuck."

Your point being that you are ignorant of the history behind the Holocaust and Jewish at the same time? That's pathetic.

Triple J, your comments and innuendo were offensive in the extreme. If you can't recognize that, I'm not the one with the problem. If you knew where I drew my sig line, for example, you'd know that I'm not clueless about the Shoah.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frank Ernest

:confused: Hey! Fill me in, :Brandon:
There is a movement to make Mary official co-redeemer with Christ, wihtin the Catholic church. And it stems from the already false doctrine that Mary was without sin, and didn't need Jesus' sacrafice.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Knight, I can see that the issue we were talking about on the other thread was pretty touchy with you (obviously because you are not sure if your thinking is on firm ground), but that's no reason to follow me to this thread and make insults that you accused me of for the sake of insulting.

I'm sorry I put down your, buddy, Bob. He is an egg head though.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Egg head? Isn't that a nick name for geniuses? I'm sure Bob appreciates the compliment.:rolleyes:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

Mr. Kettle.... meet Mr. Pot.

At least I'm Mr. Pot...:chuckle:

P.S. The grown kind, not the Pol variety. Hopefully somebody gets the reference.:devil:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

I can see you're brainwashed with Bob's cult as well. No surprise.
:liberals:

In case you've missed me saying this before, until recently I thought Bob was full of crap, and an arrogant fool.

I believe in the open view, not because Bob does, but because it is the only thing that answers the questuions I've had about exhaustive foreknowledge, for years. I no longer have a hard time reconciling anything, because there is nothing to reconcile.:doh:

And I still disagree with Bob on some things. The reason I said what I said is because Bob Enyart is not just someone Knight admires, he is Knight;s pastor, and lambasting him will get you in the same trouble as lambasting a mod or admin. Buit if you want banned, not my problem.