Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
would you rather be violated against your will or have burning sulfur rained down on you?

Depends on who is raining down the sulfur. Is God doing it? Then I'd rather face God's punishment than be raped by some creep.

You are comparing God punishing people for their sinful behavior to some random guy raping a girl for his own sick enjoyment. They aren't the same.

A better comparison, even if it still fails, would be if God uses another nation to attack Israel as punishment for going astray. Then the attacking nation might be analogous to the rapist. But there would still be questions about how active God is in making the events happen. I refuse to believe God would play an active role in someone raping a girl as punishment for her actions.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
i understand that this is a popular viewpoint, and I believe it comes from emotion and not reason

can you explain why you believe that "being forcibly penetrated against your will is not a deserved consequence", especially when you consider that God used raining down burning sulfur as a deserved consequence?
Human decency and a love for the teachings of the Gospel of Christ.

would you rather be "forcibly penetrated against your will" or have burning sulfur rained down on you?
One does not preclude the other.

nobody is claiming that it does :idunno:
This is exactly what you are claiming. You are saying that somebody who makes a bad decision deserves to have other people penetrate their person against there will. It's rape and it's wrong regardless of how a person is behaving.

Truster

Indeed and agreed! "Judgment is mine saith the Lord" and "Judge not lest ye be so judged"!
These two direct commands from the Most High Lord of the universe keeps me from presuming to believe that I get to mete out punishment. That is a job for which I am not equipped nor need I be.
I have also been commanded to be a good neighbor and turn the other cheek. It takes all of my energy to keep working on them.

Why are you bringing yourself into this? This punishment (rape) is about judgement and all judgment is from the Judge. He is the first cause in all that happens and works all according to His good pleasure.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You are comparing God punishing people for their sinful behavior to some random guy raping a girl...

...for engaging in sinful behavior

you guys keep missing that point

if a woman (or a man) engages in sinful behavior, they deserve the consequences, whatever they are

and that includes rape

kmoney

Hall of Fame
...for engaging in sinful behavior

you guys keep missing that point

if a woman (or a man) engages in sinful behavior, they deserve the consequences, whatever they are

and that includes rape

No, it's not for engaging in sinful behavior. 1) the rapist wouldn't look at himself as exacting punishment and 2) even if the rapist did think of it as punishment they would have no authority to give that punishment.

You'd have a guy raping a girl for his own enjoyment. No one deserves that. No one earns it.

ok doser

Unequivocally NO!

a pedophile with a long history of brutally ruining young lives is caught, tried and imprisoned

in prison, he becomes the sexual toy of the inmates, many of whom were abused as children by him and others like him

has he earned this by his actions?

is he reaping what he's sown?

does he deserve what he's getting?

ok doser

No, it's not for engaging in sinful behavior. 1) the rapist wouldn't look at himself as exacting punishment and 2) even if the rapist did think of it as punishment they would have no authority to give that punishment.

You'd have a guy raping a girl for his own enjoyment. No one deserves that. No one earns it.

again, the rapist is wholly responsible for his behavior and the consequences of that behavior (prison)

why are you so reluctant to admit that the woman is also responsible for her behavior, if it was contributory to the consequences?

Last edited:

Truster

You seem to have great difficulty looking beyond second cause.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not very subtle and another "rape" thread but hopefully this one might just lay to rest the insidious theme that's been going about and end the crap once and for all.

Does anyone agree with the following from the TOL "stalwart" of good taste, scholarly debate and outright bollards on this for example:

"likewise, I would say that certain circumstances exist in which a woman deserves to be raped, in that she had earned it by her actions"

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4528653&postcount=106

I submit that if you do agree with the above then you're either a psychopath, a sociopath, or a complete troll who needs something to keep his bridge warm at night.

I submit ... that you are correct.

ok doser

I submit ... that you are correct.

a pedophile with a long history of brutally ruining young lives is caught, tried and imprisoned

in prison, he becomes the sexual toy of the inmates, many of whom were abused as children by him and others like him

has he earned this by his actions?

is he reaping what he's sown?

does he deserve what he's getting?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the latter sense is intended, I can envision circumstances in which a woman can put herself at a high risk for being raped when she otherwise could have avoided it. I further can envision circumstances in which the risk is so likely and so utterly obvious to any reasonable person that it would be quite unreasonable for anyone to put herself in such circumstances.

I wouldn't use words like "deserve" or "earned" though.

Because those words would be endorsing the act of rape towards their victim, correct?

I would say something like: "Y'know...she probably should have seen that coming." Expressed differently, I might say: "You left your drink unattended at the sex offenders anonymous party, and you subsequently got drugged and then raped? What on earth did you expect to happen?"

THAT is different than expressing sheer giddiness and glee over that fact that women get raped, as the word DESERVE does.

However, in the same scenario, it could just as easily be a man who is raped during his attendance at ANY occasion or gathering because he doesn't guard his drink well enough.

GuySmiley

Not very subtle and another "rape" thread but hopefully this one might just lay to rest the insidious theme that's been going about and end the crap once and for all.

Does anyone agree with the following from the TOL "stalwart" of good taste, scholarly debate and outright bollards on this for example:

"likewise, I would say that certain circumstances exist in which a woman deserves to be raped, in that she had earned it by her actions"

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4528653&postcount=106

I submit that if you do agree with the above then you're either a psychopath, a sociopath, or a complete troll who needs something to keep his bridge warm at night.

Does anyone deserve to be raped, at all?
No, nobody deserves to be raped, ever.

The problem in this thread is the word deserved. It's typically thought of in regard to just rewards. Rape is never just.

But koban has redefined it to be "earned by action." I cant find that definition in any dictionary, but by that definition, yes, some people earn rape by their action.

That says nothing about the rape being just, or the rapist being right.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, nobody deserves to be raped, ever.

The problem in this thread is the word deserved. It's typically thought of in regard to just rewards. Rape is never just.

But koban has redefined it to be "earned by action." I cant find that definition in any dictionary, but by that definition, yes, some people earn rape by their action.

That says nothing about the rape being just, or the rapist being right.

Ah, the plot thickens.

No it doesn't. KMO is not the person who initiated several rape threads ... including one that used the word Deservedness in the title.

The plot is about a member who specifically makes outrageous and vile statements for the sole purpose of sowing discord and derision among members. THAT is the plot.

ok doser

The plot is about a member who specifically makes outrageous and vile statements for the sole purpose of sowing discord and derision among members. THAT is the plot.

oh, you're talking about your habit of trolling chrys

i see

WizardofOz

Likewise, did the people murdered at Planned Parenthood make the choice to be murdered? Are there circumstances that exist in which a person deserves to be murdered, in that they had earned it by her actions?

Are there levels of earning a rape?

If the girl gets drunk at a frat party?
If she gets drunk with her date?
If she is sober but goes to a frat party?
If she wears a dress that doesn't touch her knees?
If she wears a dress that ends 6 inches above her knees?

Burkas for all women just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.