Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

Rape did carry a death sentence, until someone figured out that what the state was encouraging was rapists murdering their victims.
Murderers are also to be put to death swiftly and without mercy.

That would accomplish two things. The first is that no one is going to want to bear witness, since an honest mistake (and multiple witness misidentification has a history) would end with their death.
God instituted that law to prevent FALSE witness, not to prevent witness.

The second is that people will die who are innocent.
Who are you claiming is innocent?
The person that was falsely accused and escaped execution when the false witnesses were exposed?
Or the person that committed false witness in an attempt to kill an innocent person (attempted murder)?

genuineoriginal

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Murderers are also to be put to death swiftly and without mercy. God instituted that law to prevent FALSE witness, not to prevent witness.
Heard you. But I responded to that already. Or, it was necessary when you couldn't support prisons. A bad idea when you can, unless killing them is more important than saving the lives of their victims. Also, dead victims make it harder to catch them and rapists don't tend to conduct their business where others can see it. Better to rely on forensic evidence. DNA won't mistake someone who looks strikingly like the actual predator.

And I'm not blaming God, I'm noting a couple of objective truths. People make honest mistakes all the time. Often they really believe in their mistakes. Now a wise man will realize this and not offer what could cost two men their lives if he's wrong.

Do you think God ever thought pork was evil, or was it something else and that something else has been cured, so to speak?

People who are put to death for a crime they didn't commit. I thought that was clear enough. What else could I have been speaking to?

The person that was falsely accused and escaped execution when the false witnesses were exposed?
No, the person "put to death swiftly" where the error or willful deception was discovered after the fact, which is when it almost always is, on appeal. An appeal you wouldn't have in play.

Or the person that committed false witness in an attempt to kill an innocent person (attempted murder)?
No real way of distinguishing the honestly mistaken from the willfully malicious. So in your way of thinking an honestly mistaken person who sentences a man to death by their error gets a pass? I don't believe that was how it worked and who would know in any event?

genuineoriginal

Heard you. But I responded to that already. Or, it was necessary when you couldn't support prisons. A bad idea when you can, unless killing them is more important than saving the lives of their victims. Also, dead victims make it harder to catch them and rapists don't tend to conduct their business where others can see it. Better to rely on forensic evidence. DNA won't mistake someone who looks strikingly like the actual predator.

And I'm not blaming God, I'm noting a couple of objective truths. People make honest mistakes all the time. Often they really believe in their mistakes. Now a wise man will realize this and not offer what could cost two men their lives if he's wrong.

Deuteronomy 19:15-21
15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.
16 If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
17 Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
18 And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
19 Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
20 And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.
21 And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.​

This is not talking about a mistaken witness, but one that intentionally makes a false statement in order to use the courts to murder an innocent person.
That is why there is a diligent inquisition into both the event the witness is claiming happened and the witness himself.

Do you think God ever thought pork was evil, or was it something else and that something else has been cured, so to speak?
Something else? yes.
Cured? no.

God said that if the children of Israel obeyed the commandments, then He would keep them from getting all the diseases of Egypt.

We know now that influenza can cross species, which is why there was such a concern over swine flu a while back.

Pigs are very close to humans in physiology, diet, and organ size.
So close that pig parts have been successfully transplanted into humans.
This means that diseases can more easily spread from a pig to a human than from a dog to a human.

I believe that God gave the dietary restrictions for health reasons, not because pigs are evil.

People who are put to death for a crime they didn't commit. I thought that was clear enough. What else could I have been speaking to?
No, you still are not being clear enough.
There are two sets of people that could be put to death.
The person accused of the crime and the false witnesses.
Which of these were you referring to?

No, the person "put to death swiftly" where the error or willful deception was discovered after the fact, which is when it almost always is, on appeal. An appeal you wouldn't have in play.
If it was willful deception discovered after the fact, then the false witnesses are to be swiftly put to death for their actions.

No real way of distinguishing the honestly mistaken from the willfully malicious.
Then there is no real way of finding anyone guilty of any crime.
You have successfully abolished the entire court system with your lame argument. :noid:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
My position is that rapists are to be put to death, swiftly and without mercy.
I also believe that nobody is to be put to death without the testimony of two or three witnesses, who are to be put to death themselves if it is found that they give false testimony.
I do not take the death penalty lightly, nor do I take rape lightly.

You are a liar.
Do you honestly expect there to be two or three witnesses to a rape?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is not talking about a mistaken witness, but one that intentionally makes a false statement in order to use the courts to murder an innocent person.
With respect, you can't know that. Diligent inquiry and then some is made by two counsel (at least) in a capital case with strong agendas in play. And even so a not insubstantial number of men have been convicted of crimes they didn't commit in part on the testimony of witnesses who mostly believed what they thought they saw. Relatively recent development in forensics is helping undo much of it.

I believe that God gave the dietary restrictions for health reasons, not because pigs are evil.
So do I, but He couldn't have explained the medicine of it. It would be gibberish to them. So he didn't. He put in the rule that served their situation best.

No, you still are not being clear enough.
There's literally no way to be clearer than:

"People who are put to death for a crime they didn't commit."

Or following an answer to your:

With: "No, the person "put to death swiftly" where the error or willful deception was discovered after the fact, which is when it almost always is, on appeal. An appeal you wouldn't have in play."

There are two sets of people that could be put to death.
I've addressed both in any event. I noted that you're encouraging people to not bear witness, given they have to know they could be mistaken and the consequence of that.

You're also relying on the least reliable means we currently have to convict someone of a capital crime.

And you're encouraging rapists to be murderers.

And you're making it almost impossible to preserve those who are innocent of the charge given that discovery of contradictory evidence to that testimony would mostly come after the wrongly convicted was put to death.

Now as horrible as that was, there was a time when it was simply the best that could be mustered. Now it isn't.

The person accused of the crime and the false witnesses.
The person whose testimony is later shown to have been wrong, through honest error or willful misrepresentation. And who can know which is which? Again, I don't believe you'll find an exception/mitigation on the point but feel free to note/cite it for my edification if it exists.

Then there is no real way of finding anyone guilty of any crime.
There's no reason to believe that at all. In fact, we have a number of ways to be more certain, from DNA to rules of evidence designed to prevent fraud through mistake or coercion or malicious intent and an appeal system to make sure there's no abuse of discretion and to weigh subsequent exonerating evidence.

You have successfully abolished the entire court system
Not at all.

1PeaceMaker

It appears to have been this one, out of the many that the moderators could have chosen.

So it's okay to call a known real person in the world - Tawnie - a stripper/whore (that OD says is just as perverted as a death-penalty deserving rapist) but not okay to talk about someone's way of ruling a hypothetical regime?

Nobody ever whined to the mods about "Rushafornia" (like California, only with Rusha the hypothetical queen of the place?) when I made that one up to describe Rusha's political ideals in state-form.

bybee

Murderers are also to be put to death swiftly and without mercy.

God instituted that law to prevent FALSE witness, not to prevent witness.

A dead victim cannot witness.

1PeaceMaker

Could that be because I'm not trying to be vindictive? :think:

Of course you are being vindictive. Let the reader follow this conversation backwards through the quote links to see what I mean.

You are pretty much one of the least Christian-acting professing Christians around here, IMO. Your recent fruits include but are not limited to malignment and false accusations against my husband and I.

bybee

Of course you are being vindictive. Let the reader follow this conversation backwards through the quote links to see what I mean.

You are pretty much one of the least Christian-acting professing Christians around here, IMO. Your recent fruits include but are not limited to malignment and false accusations against my husband and I.

Amen Sister! and she keeps working diligently alongside of sod to get people with whom she takes issue (which is almost everyone) either banned or made to look like a creature of her invention.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Rusha the hypothetical queen of the place?

Jezebel.gif

When she's not off worshiping Baal :idunno:

Amen Sister! and she keeps working diligently alongside of sod to get people with whom she takes issue (which is almost everyone) either banned or made to look like a creature of her invention.

Oh, the

I
R
O
N
Y

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Rape did carry a death sentence, until someone figured out that what the state was encouraging was rapists murdering their victims.

A bad idea when you can (jail convicted rapists), unless killing them is more important than saving the lives of their victims.

God thought killing them was important

all that changing the law from what God thought was a good idea to what man thought was a good idea - how'd that work out?

the psychos who raped and murdered in the past - have they stopped murdering?

how about all those others who would have been deterred from raping by a death sentence?

ok doser

... I play drums for belly dancers...

i believe i'll just let that one stand without comment

... too long ago we wouldn't have imagined Cosby as a rapist.

wait - isn't Cosby a "child of God"?

no?

is it because he's black?

What did elo get banned for saying?

he got banned for spreading a lie

Do you honestly expect there to be two or three witnesses to a rape?

well, at least two

Oh, the

I
R
O
N
Y

bybee bears a visceral hatred of me, because i dare to confront town and mock his foolishness

as do rusha, artie, anna and zoo

genuineoriginal

With: "No, the person "put to death swiftly" where the error or willful deception was discovered after the fact, which is when it almost always is, on appeal. An appeal you wouldn't have in play."
There is no need for an appeal if the rules are followed.
The reason we need an appeal is the corruption in our legal system.

The Biblical model had multiple judges on every capital offense case instead of a single judge.
These judges diligently investigated, not just sat and listened to evidence presented to them.

I've addressed both in any event. I noted that you're encouraging people to not bear witness, given they have to know they could be mistaken and the consequence of that.
Your system is filled with false witnesses and people that suffer no consequences for mistakes, which results in wrongful convictions and abuses.
By making the witnesses accountable for their testimony, you will cut out the majority of false witnesses and erroneous testimony, preventing the innocent from being put to death.

Additionally, the Biblical model makes it the duty of the witnesses to put the offender to death, so being a witness is very important.

You're also relying on the least reliable means we currently have to convict someone of a capital crime.
The system we have is too corrupt for you to be able to make that claim with any credibility.
And you're encouraging rapists to be murderers.
No, a murderer that rapes will still murder.

And you're making it almost impossible to preserve those who are innocent of the charge given that discovery of contradictory evidence to that testimony would mostly come after the wrongly convicted was put to death.
I already addressed that.

The person whose testimony is later shown to have been wrong, through honest error or willful misrepresentation. And who can know which is which? Again, I don't believe you'll find an exception/mitigation on the point but feel free to note/cite it for my edification if it exists.
I am getting the impression that you believe crime will increase if these methods are implemented.
You seem to think that actually implementing the death penalty instead of endless appeals will cause false witnesses to sprout up everywhere.
History shows that the opposite will happen and crimes will decrease accross the board.

There's no reason to believe that at all. In fact, we have a number of ways to be more certain, from DNA to rules of evidence designed to prevent fraud through mistake or coercion or malicious intent and an appeal system to make sure there's no abuse of discretion and to weigh subsequent exonerating evidence.
The system you want is a broken system that does nothing to rid society of the evil in its midst.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
wait - isn't Cosby a "child of God"?

no?

is it because he's black?

I hate to say it, because I don't want to fuel the insult to injury that pulling the 'race card' is in today's world, but..

I find it extremely suspicious that all these white women pursued Cosby and now are all accusing him as being a rapist- from incidents going back to the 70's.

The 'admissions' are overly convenient. Putting someone on in the hot seat does not always lead to a legitimate confession. There's people who have confessed to murder and been found not guilty before.

bybee bears a visceral hatred of me, because i dare to confront town and mock his foolishness

as do rusha, artie, anna and zoo

Lol, the same people, save Town (for now), I've had problems with. It's not just me after all :rolleyes:

ok doser

I hate to say it, because I don't want to fuel the insult to injury that pulling the 'race card' is in today's world, but..

I find it extremely suspicious that all these white women pursued Cosby and now are all accusing him as being a rapist- from incidents going back to the 70's.

The 'admissions' are overly convenient. Putting someone on a guilt and shame trip is not a means to a legitimate confession.

from what i've heard, many of the woman in question willingly helped themselves to the drugs offered

Lol, the same people, save Town (for now), I've had problems with. It's not just me after all :rolleyes:

he's been busy lately - those 34 day semesters at the Alabama Community College For Transitioning Ex-Lawyers can be brutal.

bybee

The 'admissions' are overly convenient. Putting someone on in the hot seat does not always lead to a legitimate confession. There's people who have confessed to murder and been found not guilty before.

Status
Not open for further replies.