anticatholics: please list the "false doctrines of Catholicism"

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The RCC early on rejected the Kingship of God [just as Israel did before them] in favour of bishops...that was the first step away from God

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I've misrepresented nothing, since serpent's basic claim was that he is "not anti-Catholic." Also, if I were you, I wouldn't bother trying to charge someone else with misrepresentation when you yourself can't manage to post a single statement about Catholic belief and teaching which is accurate. Better tend to that beam in your eye, friend.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You, in fact, intentionally misrepresented SD's post by ignoring the second sentence entirely and responding as if only the first sentence was the entirety of the original post.

My opinions of Catholic teachings and my disagreement with them do not mean that I have misrepresented any Catholic teachings. I haves, and will continue, to challenge them add forcefully as I see fit. I will trust you to continue to post your links and toy can trust me to continue to poke at your links.

Remer post 518! It will haunt you all the days we remain on this forum.

john w

Hall of Fame
I respectively suggest, that all members of the body of Christ, which excludes Roman Catholics, from henceforth, never refer to the religious prostitute, know as "The Roman Catholic Church," or "RCC," as such, for it is not a "church," as biblically defined. Refer to it as follows:

Roman Catholic Organization-"RCO"

Cruciform

You, in fact, intentionally misrepresented SD's post by ignoring the second sentence entirely and responding as if only the first sentence was the entirety of the original post.
Now go ahead and demonstrate how including the second sentence would in any way have altered serpent's main premise that "We aren't anti-Catholic."

My opinions of Catholic teachings and my disagreement with them do not mean that I have misrepresented any Catholic teachings.
No, rather the fact that you routinely misrepresent the teachings of the Catholic faith means that you have misrepresented Catholic teachings.

Remer post 518! It will haunt you all the days we remain on this forum.
Hardly, since I've already sufficiently answered it. It seems that you are the only one here who is "haunted" by it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Now go ahead and demonstrate how including the second sentence would in any way have altered serpent's main premise that "We aren't anti-Catholic."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

It is obvious to the most casual observer that the second sentence drew the distinction between Catholic persons and Catholic doctrines and traditions. In other words, the second sentence puts the lie to your words regarding the first sentence.

Cruciform

It is obvious to the most casual observer that the second sentence drew the distinction between Catholic persons and Catholic doctrines and traditions. In other words, the second sentence puts the lie to your words regarding the first sentence.
That's patented nonsense. The statement "We are not anti-Catholic" was never taken to apply to Catholic persons, but specifically to Catholic doctrines, just as serpent's second sentence indicated. Hence my reply, which stands exactly as posted.

john w

Hall of Fame
Your tacit claim that Jesus Christ LIED in Matthew 16:18 is noted.

You claim that the Lord Jesus Christ lied when he, obviously talking to you, said...

Luke 18:22Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

...is noted.

And lied when he said Matthew 16:18 KJV, in light of...

Acts 7:38 KJV This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

...is also noted.

Run to Jane, Spot!! Run, Spot, run!!!

Fun.

Dona Bate

The Protestant Reformation happened for a reason. Basically, it was to combat the many false teachings that the Roman Catholic Church had adopted through the centuries. When Martin Luther compared Catholicism to Scripture, the result was his nailing the 95 theses to the Wittenberg door. However, instead of reforming the Roman Catholic Church, it resulted in the protesters, the Protestants, whose aim was to get back to the Scriptures.
Did you know that the founding father of Protestantism Martin Luther changed his surname from Luder around 1518 shortly before he went to war with The Catholic Church in 1519?

German to English

Luder

Translations

Luder*Noun

Luder, das ~*(SchlangeSlangAas)

serpent, the ~*Noun

snake, the ~*Noun

Source
http://m.interglot.com/de/en/?q=Luder

I guess that all who call themselves Christian will be absolutely shocked to learn that a man whose german name 'LUDER' translated to english means 'SERPENT' was in fact Martin Luder (Luther) who declared war on Jesus Christ's Church. Anti Catholics hell bent on continuing that war on The Catholic Church today, it may be said, are following on in the footsteps of the father and the leader of their rebellion 'THE SERPENT' (Luder).

God Bless!

Cedarbay

What is it considered to be?

It is one of the many "helps" the Catholic Church offers its people to work their way to heaven. Indulgences can be attached to the wearer, depending on the religious order that sponsors the particular scapular.

Many Catholics believe it protects from evil and ensures salvation as long as it is worn, although that may not be the official teaching of the Magisterium.

Have you ever seen one? Google it - as they are interesting to view and come in various sizes, colors, some with pictures, others made of wool.

They could be considered a form of idolatry.

JFish123

Did you know that the founding father of Protestantism Martin Luther changed his surname from Luder around 1518 shortly before he went to war with The Catholic Church in 1519?

German to English

Luder

Translations

Luder*Noun

serpent, the ~*Noun

snake, the ~*Noun

Source

I guess that all who call themselves Christian will be absolutely shocked to learn that a man whose german name 'LUDER' translated to english means 'SERPENT' was in fact Martin Luder (Luther) who declared war on Jesus Christ's Church. Anti Catholics hell bent on continuing that war on The Catholic Church today, it may be said, are following on in the footsteps of the father and the leader of their rebellion 'THE SERPENT' (Luder).

God Bless!

Wow all you have is a name? Didn't know a NAME his parents picked FOR him BEFORE he was even born means he's against Jesus lol

HisServant

German to English

Luder

Translations

Luder*Noun

serpent, the ~*Noun

snake, the ~*Noun

Source

God Bless!

The reformation started way before Luther.. he is not the founding father.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Hus

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
:yawn: We aren't anti-Catholic. :freak: We are anti-lies, deceit, homo/pedophile rapists, etc. Ga 5:9

See:

Catholicism

Your affirmation, then, of the Catholic Church and her teachings is noted. :up:

I note that once again you ignore most a persons response and dishonestly represent their position to be something they never said. Are you proud of this tactic?

That's what they do (2 Tim. 3:13). :juggle:

SaulToPaul 2

It is one of the many "helps" the Catholic Church offers its people to work their way to heaven. Indulgences can be attached to the wearer, depending on the religious order that sponsors the particular scapular.

Many Catholics believe it protects from evil and ensures salvation as long as it is worn, although that may not be the official teaching of the Magisterium.

Have you ever seen one? Google it - as they are interesting to view and come in various sizes, colors, some with pictures, others made of wool.

They could be considered a form of idolatry.

Didn't one of the "apparitions" promise that the scapular protects from hell's fire?

I thought if "Our Lady" said it, it would be a doctrine or dogma.

OCTOBER23

REPUBLICGIRL,

YOU ARE TOO BLINDED TO SEE THE IDOLOTRY AND DISOBEDIENCE OF THE CATHOLIC RELIGION.

GO YOUR WAY UNTIL JESUS COMES IN 2025 AND STRAIGHTENS YOUR BRAIN OUT.

Then you will understand .

Nazaroo

(1) The supposed equal authority of the tradition of the 'church' vs. Holy Scripture.

(2) The supposed equal authority of the 'magistrum' vs. Holy Scripture.

(3) The exclusive authority and power of the 'church' to interpret and apply Holy Scripture.

(4) The exclusive authority and power of the 'church' to control the distribution of Holy Scripture to laymen, the masses, and non-Christians.

(5) The exclusive authority and power of the 'church' to forbid others to share, interpret, and apply Holy Scripture.

(6) The exclusive authority and power of the 'church' to determine who may or may not enter the 'church' and the power to 'excommunicate'
members of the body of Christ from the 'church'.

(7) The nonsense that breaking of bread between Christians is some kind
of magic ritual 'sacrifice' more significant than a memorial tradition.

(8) The substitution of alcoholic drugs for the grape-juice of the Passover.

(9) The forbidding of priests to marry, which is against the Torah.

(10) The collection of worldy wealth, when the Apostles rejected wealth.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Didn't one of the "apparitions" promise that the scapular protects from hell's fire?

I thought if "Our Lady" said it, it would be a doctrine or dogma.

Who would want God's children to escape being baptized with fire?

Luke 3:16 KJV

16 John answered , saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh , the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose : he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

1 Corinthians 3:15 KJV

15 If any man's work shall be burned , he shall suffer loss : but he himself shall be saved ; yet so as by fire.