anticatholics: please list the "false doctrines of Catholicism"

republicanchick

Anticatholics: please list the "false doctrines of Catholicism"​

I hear it all the time, that the RCC has false doctrines, but strangely, no anti-Catholic here ever, ever lists them, much less discusses them

so, please list them so we can discuss..

(I don't think a lot of them know the difference between a dogma, a doctrine, a tradition or Tradition [capital t]... )

+

__

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I hear it all the time, that the RCC has false doctrines, but strangely, no anti-Catholic here ever, ever lists them, much less discusses them

(I don't think a lot of them know the difference between a dogma, a doctrine, a tradition or Tradition [capital t]... )

+

__

Too numerous to list.

HisServant

Pope
Transubstantiation
Priests
Nuns
Sacraments
Mary veneration
Beatification

Just to start.

None have ancient church history backing and none are in scriptures if studied carefully.

republicanchick

Pope
Transubstantiation
Priests
Nuns
Sacraments
Mary veneration
Beatification

Just to start.

None have ancient church history backing and none are in scriptures if studied carefully.

typical of anti-Catholics: one word "sentences"

and that is supposed to tell me what the problem is?

oh brother

++

oatmeal

+

__

The issues come up frequently enough.

Since someone listed some of them, and you rejected that, what does it matter if some comes up with a list?

Are you going to read and consider the problems from a scriptural viewpoint and reform the RCC?

No, you will not.

You will never reform the system.

Daniel1611

Works salvation
Infant baptism
Mary worship
Graven images
Confession
Purgatory
Calling the priest "father"
Evolution

Should I keep going?

RevTestament

The issues come up frequently enough.

Since someone listed some of them, and you rejected that, what does it matter if some comes up with a list?

Are you going to read and consider the problems from a scriptural viewpoint and reform the RCC?

No, you will not.

You will never reform the system.

Thankfully, because of Protestants, they did finally reform the Inquisition, but that is because they could do so without admitting the pontiff was wrong. With most other doctrines, to change them would damage the infallible "status" of the pontiff, so they will not.

Here is one I have for your RC. What happened to the Donation of Constantine which was once part of the Canon law and called the pontiff the Vicarius Filii Dei?

Cruciform

You can't tell the difference between True doctrine and your Popes hat.
I've been studying both Catholic and Protestant doctrine for decades, and hold two university degrees in theology (doctrine), one from a Catholic institution and another from a Protestant university. Nice try, though.

Daniel1611

Not a Catholic "doctrine." Try again.

Not a Catholic "doctrine." (Catholics do not "worship" Mary or any past Saint. Rather, we worship God and God alone.) Try again.

Not a "doctrine." Try again.

Not a "doctrine." Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

It's all lies from the RCC. There is not one redeeming feature in it. The RCC leads people straight to hell. And they do worship mary. They say they don't but it is a lie. You pray to her, kiss her statues and think she heals people. That's worship.

Cruciform

It's all lies from the RCC.
As is shown plainly in Post #12 above, you have next to NO understanding whatsoever of what Catholics actually believe and teach. Come back when you've properly educated yourself.

And they do worship Mary. They say they don't but it is a lie. You pray to her, kiss her statues and think she heals people. That's worship.
Thanks for nicely proving my point above. And no, it is not "worship." You can begin to remedy your ignorance here and here.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned

+

__

It would take hours and hours, maybe even days.

I just don't have the time.

JFish123

+

__

The Protestant Reformation happened for a reason. Basically, it was to combat the many false teachings that the Roman Catholic Church had adopted through the centuries. When Martin Luther compared Catholicism to Scripture, the result was his nailing the 95 theses to the Wittenberg door. However, instead of reforming the Roman Catholic Church, it resulted in the protesters, the Protestants, whose aim was to get back to the Scriptures.

Following is a summarized paragraph with references found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) of many of the false teachings of Roman Catholicism. How do we know they are false? By comparing Scripture with what is taught.

-----------------------

The Catholic Church is the one true church (CCC 2105)
Infallibility of the Catholic Church, (CCC 2035)
Only the Roman Catholic Church has authority to interpret Scripture (CCC 100)
The Pope is the head of the church and has the authority of Christ (CCC 2034) The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation (CCC 846) Sacred Tradition equal to scripture (CCC 82)
Forgiveness of sins, salvation, is by faith and works (CCC 2036 CCC 2080 2068)
Full benefit of Salvation is only through the Roman Catholic Church (Vatican 2, Decree on Ecumenism, 3)
Grace can be merited (CCC 2010 CCC 2027)
The merit of Mary and the Saints can be applied to Catholics and others (1477) Penance is necessary for salvation (CCC 980)
Purgatory (CCC 1031 CCC 1475)
Indulgences (CCC 1471 CCC 1478 CCC 1498 CCC 1472)
Mary is Mediatrix (CCC 969)
Mary brings us the gifts of eternal salvation (CCC 969)
Mary delivers souls from death (CCC 966)
Prayer to the saints (CCC 2677)
The Communion elements become the actual body and blood of Christ (CCC 1374 CCC 1376)