anticatholics: please list the "false doctrines of Catholicism"

StanJ

Below is the Nicene Creed, which is recited at most every Catholic Mass. If you would just copy/paste it back with the parts you believe to be untrue "high lighted" then perhaps we could talk about something of substance.

It pretty much has been Sealeaf, but as usual the false teachers here get involved and deflect to all kinds of useless flotsam.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Your vast ignorance of Catholic teaching is once again on display, again bringing into question your repeated claim to have been "educated" as a Catholic.

"Sacred" is a synonym for the word "holy." To be "holy" is to be "set apart for God's use." Hence, for example, the liturgical utensils used in Temple worship are termed "holy" ("sacred") in the Old Testament. This is precisely the sense in which sacramentals (including statues) are considered "sacred." Your pedantic Red Herring, however, is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
I was raised Catholic which is why I am not Catholic today. Catholic tradition and certain doctrines just don't square with what Jesus and God said. For instance, God said to Moses:
Exodus 20:4-5 ESV “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

There are no allowances made for what is in your heart when you bow, God says do not bow before a carved image or any likeness of anything in heaven or on Earth.

What does Catholic Answers say? They equivocate.

The Catholic Church does not believe any statue or image has any power in and of itself. Note that God says do not bow.

The Lord did not prohibit statues; he prohibited the adoration of them. No, God did not ban statues and even told Moses to make a few. But God never said to bow down before them, in fact, God said do not bow to them.

In Numbers 21:8–9, not only did our Lord order Moses to make another statue in the form of a bronze serpent, he commanded the children of Israel to look to it in order to be healed. First God commanded it. Second, God said look at it, not bow before it.

King Solomon ordered the construction of multiple images of things both “in heaven above” (angels) and “in the earth beneath” (palm trees and open flowers). And then, after the completion of the temple, God declared he was pleased with its construction (1 Kgs. 9:3). Didn't God know what King Solomon had done? Solomon adorned the temple with these things and they looked good and God was pleased. Catholics makes statues of Mary and others, bring them into God's home and then bow before them.

As I said, there are things within Catholic doctrines and traditions that do not square with scripture.

Cruciform

I was raised Catholic which is why I am not Catholic today.
Your vast ignorance of Catholic teaching and practice has been repeatedly demonstrated on this forum. What you left behind were merely your own uninformed distortions and mindless misperceptions of "Catholicism," and not the Catholic faith itself.

Catholic tradition and certain doctrines just don't square with what Jesus and God said.
Rather, with what your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect has told you Jesus and God have said and meant. Big difference.

For instance, God said to Moses: Exodus 20:4-5
This has been explained in detail on this forum countless times. Guess you missed it. See, for example, this, this, and this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

republicanchick

anti-Catholics make me tired

they are boring

They never REALLY investigate the teachings of the Church... just listen to some anti-Catholic pastor spoutate away on Sundays about how awful the... uh.. competition is...

I'm so bored...

and then they think they KNOW Catholicism!!!!!!!!!!

right

That would be like me going to a talk given by CEO of a company

and after that one hour talk, I think I should be made CEO of the company instead of that guy...

==

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Your vast ignorance of Catholic teaching and practice has been repeatedly demonstrated on this forum. What you left behind were merely your own uninformed distortions and mindless misperceptions of "Catholicism," and not the Catholic faith itself.

Rather, with what your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect has told you Jesus and God have said and meant. Big difference.

This has been explained in detail on this forum countless times. Guess you missed it. See, for example, this, this, and this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
If you can't be bothered to respond to a persons whole post, why do you even bother to participate? I provided you with a link to Catholic Answers and with specific examples of why Catholic Answers is wrong when compared to scriptures. You ignored that in its entirety. Your mere proclamations that your church is right because it is your church do nothing to address actual points raised by myself and others.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
anti-Catholics make me tired

they are boring

They never REALLY investigate the teachings of the Church... just listen to some anti-Catholic pastor spoutate away on Sundays about how awful the... uh.. competition is...

I'm so bored...

and then they think they KNOW Catholicism!!!!!!!!!!

right

That would be like me going to a talk given by CEO of a company

and after that one hour talk, I think I should be made CEO of the company instead of that guy...

==
Cruciform posts links to Catholic doctrine. People ask questions or raise challenges to those links. Cruciform, and all the other Catholics, routinely ignore those challenges which is an admission that Catholics cannot honestly deal with challenges to their faith. If you cannot honestly refute from scripture a challenge to your faith, your doctrines, your traditions then there is no reason you give for becoming Catholic.

Think hard about your posts, such as this one, say about your witness for both Jesus and for your Church.

republicanchick

Cruciform posts links to Catholic doctrine. People ask questions or raise challenges to those links. Cruciform, and all the other Catholics, routinely ignore those challenges which is an admission that Catholics cannot honestly deal with challenges to their faith. If you cannot honestly refute from scripture a challenge to your faith, your doctrines, your traditions then there is no reason you give for becoming Catholic.

Think hard about your posts, such as this one, say about your witness for both Jesus and for your Church.

there is one reason and one reason alone that I do not normally engage in defending Catholic doctrines and teachings:

no one listens.. (and they can get info through RCIA a/way)

I don't ramble on about stuff no one reads or REALLY listens to..

I don't believe in wasting time..

+++

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
there is one reason and one reason alone that I do not normally engage in defending Catholic doctrines and teachings:

I don't ramble on about stuff no one reads or REALLY listens to..

I don't believe in wasting time..

+++
But you love posting things that accuse your brothers and sisters in Christ of being anti-Christ simply because we worship differently than you. If you are not willing to waste a little time and attempt to understand why people disagree with you regarding Catholic doctrines and traditions you should probably limit yourself to politics and quite wasting peoples time in matters of faith that you have not interest in honestly discussing.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
But you love posting things that accuse your brothers and sisters in Christ of being anti-Christ simply because we worship differently than you. If you are not willing to waste a little time and attempt to understand why people disagree with you regarding Catholic doctrines and traditions you should probably limit yourself to politics and quite wasting peoples time in matters of faith that you have not interest in honestly discussing.

exactly, well put. except she's bad at politics dialogue too. she gives monologues only, i truly believe she only sees her own posts -

1Way1Truth1Life

If you can't be bothered to respond to a persons whole post, why do you even bother to participate? I provided you with a link to Catholic Answers and with specific examples of why Catholic Answers is wrong when compared to scriptures. You ignored that in its entirety. Your mere proclamations that your church is right because it is your church do nothing to address actual points raised by myself and others.

Cause it was decisively here, here and here'd:doh:

Aimiel

No more "brainwashed" than you are, friend. For example, here you simply parrot what you've been fed by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.
I don't belong to one and haven't been taught by one. I have learned from Scripture.

StanJ

If no one listened/read your posts, then you wouldn't get responses.
People actually do listen/read them, and challenge you, but you apparently can't or won't answer.

Cruciform

If you can't be bothered to respond to a persons whole post...
No need, since the rest of your post was sufficiently answered in the sources I cited.

I provided you with a link to Catholic Answers and with specific examples of why Catholic Answers is wrong when compared to scriptures.
In essence, you did nothing more than announce that you prefer (like) the assumptions and opinions (traditions) of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect to the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church. Noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+