anticatholics: please list the "false doctrines of Catholicism"

Aimiel

So, then, you in fact have no actual proof for your claim that "Catholicism is idolatry." That's what I thought. :yawn:
I have all the 'proof' I need, having seen countless thousands bow before statues, flowers, food and other gifts left by statues and the millions of idols in place even today in Catholic mortuaries, ... er, um, cathedrals. They are false gods and those who are pagan will never see The One True God in you as long as you bow to idols. They recognize idolatry when they see it, unlike millions of Catholic pagans who are just as lost and without Christ as yourself.

Aimiel

If for you cannot stop these foolish practices (bowing to idols, repeating the same prayer over and over and over, baptizing infants and calling a priest: "Father," and crossing yourself as it a man-made religious doctrine will make you more acceptable to God) because they're against Christianity in general, you should at least do so because you're instructed to:

Let not then your good be evil spoken of.

The mere fact that one single soul might have to suffer eternally because they didn't come into The Kingdom due to having seen a Catholic bowing to a statue should give you such outrage that you demand your church leadership destroy every single Catholic statue in the world. One day you and every Catholic will have to answer for your ignorance and laissez-faire attitude towards the lost.

Cruciform

If for you cannot stop these foolish practices (bowing to idols, repeating the same prayer over and over and over, baptizing infants and calling a priest: "Father," and crossing yourself as it a man-made religious doctrine will make you more acceptable to God) because they're against Christianity in general, you should at least do so because you're instructed to: Let not then your good be evil spoken of.
I simply don't buy into your particular misapplication of this isolated text. The apostles and bishops of the early Christian Church didn't seem overly concerned that they were going to "lose souls" by doing and teaching these various things, and neither do I. You can go ahead and continue to follow the opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, and I'll go on following the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Timotheos

Anticatholics: please list the "false doctrines of Catholicism"

I'm not "anticatholic", but your denomination teaches the false doctrine of eternal conscious torment in hell. Since you are collecting a list, you could add that one.

I want to make it clear that I am not anticatholic. Each of the denominations has a few christians in it.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

it shows lackof integrity to speak on topics you know little to nothing about

the CatholicChurch does not teach worship of Mary and / or that she is a savior

We worship that which we bow down to.

The RCC says Mary is the savior of the world. Have you never read the imprimatured The Mercies of Mary, approved book of RCC, declaring that she is the savior of the world?

Cruciform says that he has TWO saviors and he is a RCC believer, probably even a priest.

So, please do not say that RCC members do not worship Mary, because you do as you bow down to her all the time.

Cruciform

We worship that which we bow down to.
So, then, people in Japan are "worshiping" one another every time they extend a greeting? All those who bow to Queen Elizabeth II are "worshiping" her? Try again.

Cruciform says that he has TWO saviors...
...in very different senses, a point that you have yet to in any way actually disprove.

...and he is a RCC believer, probably even a priest.
Nope. Try again.

So, please do not say that RCC members do not worship Mary, because you do as you bow down to her all the time.
Bowing is not necessarily "worship," as has already been shown above. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

lifeisgood

So, then, people in Japan are "worshiping" one another every time they extend a greeting? All those who bow to Queen Elizabeth II are "worshiping" her? Try again.

No cruciform, your example is a cultural respect to another human being.

When a person BOW to a STATUE that person is WORSHIPING.

When a person in Japan bows one to another it is culturally showing respect to each other.

When a person bow to Queen Elizabeth II he/she is showing respect to her place/position.

HOWEVER, when in their temples/homes they BOW down to the STATUES that their own hands have made, they are WORSHIPING them just like Catholics BOWING to statues made by the hands of man.

I would have no problems at all bowing down to you if it was a cultural thing to do so; however, if I saw a statue that someone made of you, I would never bow down to your statue because then I would be worshiping your statue and not respecting you.

...in very different senses, a point that you have yet to in any way actually disprove.

Your heart condemns you. You know that, don't you, Cruciform.

Speaking in general terms here.

Nope. Try again.

Rejected.

Bowing is not necessarily "worship," as has already been shown above. Try again.

Wrong, Cruciform.

There's a difference between cultural respect and worshiping.

But I know you know all of this.
Your RCC beliefs cannot permit your heart to believe the truth, as you would lose everything the RCC gives you.

Again, I believe you are a priest, who knows probably a bishop/cardinal. Maybe even one of the single infallible pope(s).

Cruciform

No cruciform, your example is a cultural respect to another human being.
And bowing/kneeling before a statue is an expression of Christian respect for the individual the statue represents.

When a person BOW to a STATUE that person is WORSHIPING.
Merely an arbitrary false assumption on your part, as is demonstrated in the sources cited in my previous post [HERE]. If bowing does not equal "worship," than bowing before a statue does not equal "worshiping" the statue. Sorry for your confusion.

There's a difference between cultural respect and worshiping.
Exactly, and when Catholics bow/kneel before a statue, they are respecting its representative person, not the statue itself. Try again.

Again, I believe you are a priest...
As with many of your other beliefs, you're simply wrong. :yawn:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
And bowing/kneeling before a statue is an expression of Christian respect for the individual the statue represents.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Is indistinguishable from a posture of worship and should be avoided.

Last edited:

Cruciform

Is indistinguishable from a posture of worship and should be avoided.
According to your fellow Protestant lifeisgood above, bowing/kneeling does not necessarily involve "worship" at all, for example bowing as a common greeting in Japan, or bowing before Queen Elizabeth as a gesture of respect and honor. Should these cultural expressions also "be avoided" because bowing (supposedly) "is indistinguishable from a posture of worship"---that is, because a tiny minority of observers might happen to be ignorant of what is actually going on?

However, if bowing does not equal "worship" (as in bowing before a sacred object), there is no reason to avoid such a thoroughly Christian expression of piety. The ignorance of a few outsiders should not be allowed to determine what Christians believe, think, and do. Rather, ignorant outsiders, if they find themselves confused, should be taught and instructed regarding the spiritual meaning of Christian behavior, which the Church has always done.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

lifeisgood

No it is not!

Merely an arbitrary false assumption on your part, as is demonstrated in the sources cited in my previous post [HERE]. If bowing does not equal "worship," than bowing before a statue does not equal "worshiping" the statue. Sorry for your confusion.

When you bow down to a statue you are worshiping it.
It matters not that you say it is not.

When you are culturally respecting another human being it is totally different.
The Japanese are NOT worshiping each other.
But they do worship their statues and symbols.

Exactly, and when Catholics bow/kneel before a statue, they are respecting its representative person, not the statue itself. Try again.

Not true. Try again.

As with many of your other beliefs, you're simply wrong. :yawn:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+[/FONT]

It was not an assertion and you know it.
Maybe you are an apologist for the RCO.

lifeisgood

According to your fellow Protestant lifeisgood above, bowing/kneeling does not necessarily involve "worship" at all, for example bowing as a common greeting in Japan, or bowing before Queen Elizabeth as a gesture of respect and honor. Should these cultural expressions also "be avoided" because bowing (supposedly) "is indistinguishable from a posture of worship"---that is, because a tiny minority of observers might happen to be ignorant of what is actually going on?

However, if bowing does not equal "worship" (as in bowing before a sacred object), there is no reason to avoid such a thoroughly Christian expression of piety. The ignorance of a few outsiders should not be allowed to determine what Christians believe, think, and do. Rather, ignorant outsiders, if they find themselves confused, should be taught and instructed regarding the spiritual meaning of Christian behavior, which the Church has always done.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Japanese culture is NOT Christian.
They are NOT worshiping each other.

Curtsying to the Queen is NOT worshiping her.
People are NOT worshiping the Queen either.

God said:
Ex. 20:3 --- You shall have no other gods before me.
Ex. 20:4 --- You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
Ex. 20:5 --- You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
Ex. 20:6 --- but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Cruciform

No it is not!
I'm simply and straightforwardly telling you what the Catholic Church teaches, and what Catholics believe. If you disagree, than go ahead and cite the passage in the Catechism of the Catholic Church which states that Catholics who bow before sacred statues are doing anything other than expressing respect and honor for the individual the statue represents.

When you bow down to a statue you are worshiping it.
If "bowing" = "worship," then Japanese greetings and honoring the Queen of England are expressions of worship! Is this your claim, yes or no?

When you are culturally respecting another human being it is totally different.
Post your proof for this wholly unsubstantiated assertion.

The Japanese are NOT worshiping each other.
Then bowing does not equal "worship," and your anti-Catholic claim falls flat. Which is it? Does bowing equal "worship," yes or no?

Not true. Try again.
Let's have that citation from the Catechism, then. Where is it?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+