Animal Sacrifices Found in the Old Testament ?

daqq

Bah . . .

You voice blasphemy against the scriptural revelations of God!

The burnt offering is equivalent to the prayers of faithful saints, which ascend up to the throne of God, in thanksgiving for the sacrificial offering of Jesus Christ, that redeemed their souls.

Some of the most wonderful bible studies that can be held, are those of the tabernacle ordinances, which ALL teach Christians of the Person, purpose, and work of Jesus Christ on the cross on behalf of His people.

You accuse me of blasphemy and then steal what I said and make it your own; for what I said, and have been saying, you also just said. And by the way, accuser of the brethren, the prayers of the holy ones ascend in the hand of the Malak Kohen who stands at the altar of incense.

God's Truth

You accuse me of blasphemy and then steal what I said and make it your own; for what I said, and have been saying, you also just said. And by the way, accuser of the brethren, the prayers of the holy ones ascend in the hand of the Malak Kohen who stands at the altar of incense.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Jerry Shugart

The other offerings, that contained no blood, never worked atonement, but were only accepted by God because they signified thanksgivings, and were seen by Him as the blessed fruits obtained first by the blood offerings.

Unfortunately, many never study the tabernacle/temple ordinances of offerings and the details of the priesthood, looking for revelations of the Person and purpose of Jesus Christ.

Is this not a bloodless offering which did work atonement?:

"But if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: for it is a sin offering. Then shall he bring it to the priest, and the priest shall take his handful of it, even a memorial thereof, and burn it on the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: it is a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for him as touching his sin that he hath sinned in one of these, and it shall be forgiven him: and the remnant shall be the priest's, as a meat offering" (Lev.5:11-13).​

daqq

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

That is not what the passage says, it says the soul of the flesh, (not "a creature").

Leviticus 17:11
11 For the soul of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.

And the above I know and believe to be absolutely true: for every one shall die for his own iniquity, (the soul that sins shall die), and that is the new covenant teaching even according to the prophet Jeremiah, (Jer 31:30), and that is precisely why the altar of sacrifice is the heart: for the blood is given for atonement upon the altar. Therefore, I died, and the Testimony of Messiah is in my very blood by way of the consumption of his Testimony, (and drinking of the same Spirit), and therefore righteous blood of true atonement is always upon the altar of the adamah-soil of my heart. You apparently have the blood of creatures on your altar by way of your preferred translation: but if you do not bring your offerings to the one whose name is the Door, (of the Mishkan-Tabernacle), then you by default offer your offerings unto devils, (Lev 17:3-6,7).

Nang

TOL Subscriber

"But if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: for it is a sin offering. Then shall he bring it to the priest, and the priest shall take his handful of it, even a memorial thereof, and burn it on the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: it is a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for him as touching his sin that he hath sinned in one of these, and it shall be forgiven him: and the remnant shall be the priest's, as a meat offering" (Lev.5:11-13).​

Check out the differences between the annual burnt offering and lesser sin offerings.

God's Truth

That is not what the passage says, it says the soul of the flesh, (not "a creature").

Leviticus 17:11
11 For the soul of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.

And the above I know and believe to be absolutely true: for every one shall die for his own iniquity, (the soul that sins shall die), and that is the new covenant teaching even according to the prophet Jeremiah, (Jer 31:30), and that is precisely why the altar of sacrifice is the heart: for the blood is given for atonement upon the altar. Therefore, I died, and the Testimony of Messiah is in my very blood by way of the consumption of his Testimony, (and drinking of the same Spirit), and therefore righteous blood of true atonement is always upon the altar of the adamah-soil of my heart. You apparently have the blood of creatures on your altar by way of your preferred translation: but if you do not bring your offerings to the one whose name is the Door, (of the Mishkan-Tabernacle), then you by default offer your offerings unto devils, (Lev 17:3-6,7).

You do not believe the written Word of God.

Jerry Shugart

Check out the differences between the annual burnt offering and lesser sin offerings.

I just proved that you are wrong! Or do you deny that the bloodless offering made atonement?:

God's Truth

Exodus 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight. 40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the tent of meeting, before the Lord. There I will meet you and speak to you;

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
The word for "burnt offering" in most of your English translations is simply "olah", (from "alah" which means to ascend), which only really means "ascending offering", (prayer). "BURNT" is nothing more than a carnal understanding of men who love to eat the cooked flesh of animals.
Bah . . .

You voice blasphemy against the scriptural revelations of God!

The burnt offering is equivalent to the prayers of faithful saints, which ascend up to the throne of God, in thanksgiving for the sacrificial offering of Jesus Christ, that redeemed their souls.

Some of the most wonderful bible studies that can be held, are those of the tabernacle ordinances, which ALL teach Christians of the Person, purpose, and work of Jesus Christ on the cross on behalf of His people.

You deny the Testimony of the Master.
And that says an altar of adamah which is the altar of the heart, (parable of the Sower).

Exodus 20:24
24 An altar of adamah shall you make unto Me, and shall sacrifice thereon your ascending offerings,
(prayer) and your peace offerings, your sheep, and your oxen: (the bullocks of your lips) in all places where I record My name, I will come unto you, and I will bless you.

You are the Land, O man, both the eretz outer bounds, (the flesh), and the adamah; and the adamah is the soil of the heart in supernal Torah by the teachings of Messiah in the Gospel accounts, (such as clearly displayed in the parable of the Sower). The adamah is the soil from which the first man Adam was taken, (Gen 2:7), which when he was cast forth out of Eden he was sent back to till, (and that is symbolism for tilling the soil of the heart after having transgressed). The Torah likewise reveals this supernal truth in the companion passage to Exo 20:24 which you have quoted, (and if not for the Testimony of Messiah in the Gospel accounts I would have never even seen or understood this).

Deuteronomy 5:29
29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Exo 20:24a - "An altar of adamah shall you make unto Me"
Deut 5:29a - "O that there were such an heart in them"

By the companion passage, Deuteronomy 5:29, it is revealed that the altar of adamah-soil from Exodus 20:24 is the heart; just exactly as it is expounded in the parable of the Sower by the Master in the Gospel accounts. Your carnal Pharisaic interpretations of the Torah are an affront because they are an old school Pharisaic flesh-minded carnal argument against the Testimony of the Master Teacher recorded in the Gospel accounts. Again, you are the blind leading the blind.

Exodus 20:24
24 An altar of adamah shall you make unto Me, and shall sacrifice thereon your ascending offerings,
[H5930 `olah] (prayer) and your peace offerings, your sheep, and your oxen: (the bullocks of your lips) in all places where I record My name, I will come unto you, and I will bless you.

H5930 עֹלָה `olah (o-law') n-f.
עוֹלָה `owlah (o-law')
1. a step.
2. (collectively) stairs, as ascending.
3. (usually) a holocaust (as going up in smoke).
[feminine active participle of H5927]
Root(s): H5927

H5927 עָלָה `alah (aw-law') v.
1. to ascend.
2. (intransitively) to be high.
3. (actively) to mount.
{used in a great variety of senses, primary and secondary, literal and figurative (as follow)}
[a primitive root]
KJV: arise (up), (cause to) ascend up, at once, break (the day) (up), bring (up), (cause to) burn, carry up, cast up, + shew, climb (up), (cause to, make to) come (up), cut off, dawn, depart, exalt, excel, fall, fetch up, get up, (make to) go (away, up); grow (over) increase, lay, leap, levy, lift (self) up, light, (make) up, X mention, mount up, offer, make to pay, + perfect, prefer, put (on), raise, recover, restore, (make to) rise (up), scale, set (up), shoot forth (up), (begin to) spring (up), stir up, take away (up), work.

You have spoken falsehood in order to project a false accusation and a lie.
I spoke the truth.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I just proved that you are wrong! Or do you deny that the bloodless offering made atonement?:

There is a revealing difference between burnt (blood) offerings that provided direct atonement, and the sin offerings, accepted by God through priestly agency . . both revealing the saving grace as well as the offices of Christ.

But the differences are important to examine, in order to learn all we are meant to learn.

Keep looking. :)

Jerry Shugart

Exodus 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight. 40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

In case you didn't notice it the following passage says nothing about two lambs:

"But if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: for it is a sin offering. Then shall he bring it to the priest, and the priest shall take his handful of it, even a memorial thereof, and burn it on the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: it is a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for him as touching his sin that he hath sinned in one of these, and it shall be forgiven him: and the remnant shall be the priest's, as a meat offering"
(Lev.5:11-13).​

Why did you quote a passage which speak of two lambs since Leviticus 5:11-13 says nothing about two lambs? In fact, the only things which makes atonenment in that passage is fine flour.

This is what you said:

The other offerings, that contained no blood, never worked atonement, but were only accepted by God because they signified thanksgivings, and were seen by Him as the blessed fruits obtained first by the blood offerings.

Unfortunately, many like you never study the tabernacle/temple ordinances of offerings and the details of the priesthood.

Jerry Shugart

Both of you pervert the Word because of your carnal mindset and lust for flesh.

What about the passover lamb?

"Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us" (1 Cor.5:17).​

Is that in regard to a lust for flesh? Was what the LORD said in the following passage in regard to a lust for flesh?:

"For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt" (Ex.12:12-13).​

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What about the passover lamb?

"Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us" (1 Cor.5:17).​

Is that in regard to a lust for flesh? Was what the LORD said in the following passage in regard to a lust for flesh?:

"For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt" (Ex.12:12-13).​

The Passover Lamb was a blood offering and the highest symbol of the promised Saviour who blood would protect His people from judgment from God's hand.