"And you are complete in him" (Jesus Christ) Colossians 2:10

Epoisses

If so (which it isn't) then where is the need for a thirteenth Apostle? Why didn't Jesus give the Gospel of Grace that He gave to Paul by revelation to one of the twelve Apostles that He already had and had spent the last three years personally training and to whom He gave the great commission?

So Clete who started the church, the Jews or the Gentiles?

Epoisses

Then you believe the book of James is "Judaizing heresy"? (There are some who actually do!)

I have no problem with James! Genuine faith always produces the fruits or works of the Spirit. No fruit = no faith. James also talked quite a bit about the Royal law of Love. How many Jews today preach on the love of God? lol

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
"Reuben, you are my firstborn, Simeon and Levi are brothers, the scepter shall not depart from Judah, Zebulun shall dwell by the haven of the sea, Issachar is a strong donkey, Dan shall judge his people, Gad, a troop shall tramp upon him, bread from Asher shall be rich, Naphtali is a deer let loose, Joseph is a fruitful bough, Benjamin is a ravenous wolf. All these are the twelve tribes of Israel." (Genesis 49)

"And now your two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, who were born to you in the land of Egypt before I came to you in Egypt, are mine; as Reuben and Simeon, they shall be mine. Your offspring whom you beget after them shall be yours, they will be called by the name of their brothers in their inheritance." (Genesis 48:5-6)

Jacob adopted Ephraim and Manasseh and said, "Let my name be named upon them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth." (Genesis 48:16)

Ephraim and Manasseh were not born to Jacob, they were adopted by Jacob as his sons and received an inheritance in the land of Israel.

"by the border of Naphtali, from the east side to the west, one section for Manasseh, by the border of Manasseh, from the east side to the west, one section for Ephraim" (Ezekiel 48:4-5)

"The priests, the Levites — all the tribe of Levi — shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel; they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and His portion. Therefore they shall have no inheritance among their brethren; the LORD is their inheritance, as He said to them." (Deuteronomy 18:1-2)

Israel's tithes belonged to the Levites, "Behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tithes in Israel as an inheritance in return for the work which they perform, the work of the tabernacle of meeting." (Numbers 18:21)

Twelve tribes belonged to Jacob, but the Levites belonged to God. "Thus you shall separate the Levites from among the children of Israel, and the Levites shall be Mine." (Numbers 8:14)

Counting the Levites, there are thirteen tribes.

Do you ever - even once answer questions?

Who got it wrong? Jesus, John, Moses - who? I quoted and quoted and quoted and quoted. Then I predicted that no amount of quoting the bible, not even the words that came directly out of the mouth of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself would be sufficient to convince you and of course I was right.

So what you are actually suggesting that Paul who was of the Tribe of Benjamin by the way, (an anti-type of the first Saul of the Tribe of Benjamin) represents the Levitical priesthood somehow?

Here's another question that you won't answer. Which of the thirteen Apostles will not have their name on one of the twelve foundations under the walls around New Jerusalem?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have no problem with James! Genuine faith always produces the fruits or works of the Spirit. No fruit = no faith. James also talked quite a bit about the Royal law of Love. How many Jews today preach on the love of God? lol

So now you are a Judaizing heretic, by your own definition!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
As the head of the church, Jesus supervised the work of Peter and Paul. And Jesus reported to the Father.

Same answer. Both Jesus and the Father are One, they are both God.

Did you think I would answer differently? How is this relevant to the topic?

You'll be forced to actually answer a question in order to proceed, by the way.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
How could Jesus preach a "gospel" of grace when grace was not available until he was glorified? What would have been the point?

I'm not the one making the claim that Jesus, Peter, James, John and Paul all taught one gospel, YOU ARE!!!

Thank you for conceding the debate!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So Clete who started the church, the Jews or the Gentiles?

Define 'church'.

Peter was the leader of the church initially and remained the head of the 'ecclesia' that I and other dispensationalists refer to as Kingdom Believers.

Paul was/is the head of Body of Christ which is what we are talking about today when we use the term 'church'.

Of course Jesus is the Head of both groups. He is Israel's Bride Groom (Revelation 21) and the Head of The Body of Christ (Colossians 1).

Resting in Him,
Clete

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So what you are actually suggesting that Paul who was of the Tribe of Benjamin by the way, (an anti-type of the first Saul of the Tribe of Benjamin) represents the Levitical priesthood somehow?

The twelve apostles will judge the twelve twelve tribes of Jacob (Israel). (Matthew 19:28, Luke 22:30)

The tribe of Levi does not belong to Jacob, they belong to YHVH.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The twelve apostles will judge the twelve twelve tribes of Jacob (Israel). (Matthew 19:28, Luke 22:30)

The tribe of Levi had no inheritance.
Still one of the twelve sons of Jacob and therefore one of the twelve tribes.
They never stopped being a tribe of Israel.

Epoisses

So now you are a Judaizing heretic, by your own definition!

The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace etc.

The works of the law are feast keeping, kosher food, Sabbath days etc.

Faith produces fruit not dead works.

Epoisses

Define 'church'.

Peter was the leader of the church initially and remained the head of the 'ecclesia' that I and other dispensationalists refer to as Kingdom Believers.

Paul was/is the head of Body of Christ which is what we are talking about today when we use the term 'church'.

Of course Jesus is the Head of both groups. He is Israel's Bride Groom (Revelation 21) and the Head of The Body of Christ (Colossians 1).

Resting in Him,
Clete

The word 'ekklesia' means church and contained both Jewish and Gentile believers. Both groups were part of the church in the first century.

beameup

The word 'ekklesia' means church and contained both Jewish and Gentile believers. Both groups were part of the church in the first century.

This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us [Law] - Acts 7:38
ekklesia=assembly

beameup

ekklesia is translated as assembly 3 times and church 115 times in the NT.

So?
Obviously the translators screwed up in Acts 7:38.
Many times it is translated "church" when it should say "synagogue",
as there were no 'Gentile church buildings' in the 1st century.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Then what was the point of bringing it up?

What makes you think any of the three got it wrong? I don't.
You brought it up, not me!

You claim there are thirteen tribe of Israel and give you something like a dozen quotes from the bible stating that there are twelve and you want to still insist that there are thirteen! Just as I predicted you would - by the way.

Are you suggesting now that your having brought but the priesthood was irrelevant to the topic being discussed or what?

And we are one with them. The Father is the Most High, and Jesus is our brother.
We are not one with them in the same sense that they are one with each other. We are not God.

One more chance - and only one - how is this relevant to the topic being discussed?

THEN WHY DID YOU BOTHER BRING THIS UP?

Are you just intentionally wasting my time?

Look, you will explain yourself and you will do so in detail with a post that is longer than one sentence long or I'll simply ignore you and you can go waste someone else's time.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The tribe of Levi had no inheritance.
Still one of the twelve sons of Jacob and therefore one of the twelve tribes.
They never stopped being a tribe of Israel.

The twelve tribes of Israel came from the twelve sons of Israel. “Israel” is the name that God gave Jacob (Genesis 32:28). His twelve sons are Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, and Benjamin (Genesis 35:23-26; Exodus 1:1–4; 1 Chronicles 2:1–2). When the tribes inherited the Promised Land, Levi’s descendants did not receive a territory for themselves (Joshua 13:14). Instead, they became priests and had several cities scattered throughout all of Israel. Joseph’s tribe was divided in two—Jacob had adopted Joseph’s two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, essentially giving Joseph a double portion for his faithfulness in saving the family from famine (Genesis 47:11–12). This means the tribes who received territory in the Promised Land were Reuben, Simeon, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Benjamin, Ephraim, and Manasseh. In some places in Scripture, the tribe of Ephraim is referred to as the tribe of Joseph (Numbers 1:32–33). - Source

So, one might ask which list of twelve is represented on the foundations of New Jerusalem. The answer is found in Revelation chapter seven where the twelve tribes are listed. A list, by the way that INCLUDES Levi, which sort of explodes Jamie's whole point, whatever that point was...

Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace etc.

The works of the law are feast keeping, kosher food, Sabbath days etc.

Faith produces fruit not dead works.
You are missing the point.

Is it intentional?

You brought up the Judaising heresy, not me.

Paul attributes that heresy (your word, not Paul's) to James! And James, when taken to mean what it clearly states, teaches that salvation is dependent upon BOTH faith and works, which is what YOU said was the Judaising heresy - not me!

Can we PLEASE try to have a linear conversation here?! I feel like I'm talking to a child who can't follow his own line a reasoning past two sentences.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Make an actual argument. I'm not interested in statements of your doctrinal positions unless you're prepared to substantiate them with something more substantive than the fact that you're able to type them out on your computer.

Resting in Him,
Clete