"And you are complete in him" (Jesus Christ) Colossians 2:10

Robert Pate

Banned
"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

If we are complete "In Christ" then what good is Catholicism and all of those other holiness religions?

If we are complete "In Christ" then why does anyone need to be predestinated?

What religion is trying to do in the flesh (become holy) God has ALREADY done for us in Jesus Christ. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ". Jesus is our new Adam and our new humanity, this is why Paul could now say... "You are complete in him". The law has been fulfilled and abolished. Sin and the sins of the world have been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. We now stand as COMPLETE "In Christ".

The scripture does not say, you can (become) complete in Christ, the scripture says, you are now complete "In Christ". This is not something that you can obtain through the works of the law. This is something that becomes ours by faith in Jesus Christ. When someone comes to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him, God places them "In Christ". The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ". If God does not see you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, you will not receive the Holy Spirit.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in Christ and in Christ alone for your salvation. It is NOT Jesus Christ plus Catholicism, nor is it Jesus Christ plus Calvinism. It is Jesus Christ plus nothing.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
this is why Paul could now say... "You are complete in him". The law has been fulfilled and abolished. Sin and the sins of the world have been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. We now stand as COMPLETE "In Christ".

Robert, you are contradicting yourself. Paul said we are complete in him.

Jesus said he did not come to abolish the law, he came to fulfill the law.

The Greek word for complete is pleroo. The Greek word for fulfill is pleroo. Same word, same meaning.

So Jesus did not abolish the law, he completed it, made it full, made it spiritual.

Robert Pate

Banned

The Greek word for complete is pleroo. The Greek word for fulfill is pleroo. Same word, same meaning.

So Jesus did not abolish the law, he completed it, made it full, made it spiritual.

No, he fulfilled it then he abolished it. He did that in our name and on our behalf.

To be under the law is to be under condemnation.

This is why Paul said, "There is therefore no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1.

Why do you want to be subject to the law? The law will condemn you to hell.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The exact opposite of what scripture says. Complete means complete.
Jamie,

Jesus didn't abolish it as you think Robert is saying.

Robert is pointing out that when Jesus fulfilled the Law, it was a ratified document of promise that became fulfilled.

This, by being fulfilled, it is now in the archives of history.

It is not, however, in place by any standard, except the fact that it and the Law of Hamoraby are standards that Civilization as we know it are founded on.

We know that they are dust and will fade away.

However, Jesus commission of Love Unconditional is a higher standard that calls us to express appreciation to Jesus by returning His favor of unmerited favor to all (though we of coarse do so imperfectly).

Yes the Law has good points for mankind, but the Spiritual gratitude we have towards God, and the call to Love as He Loved, separates us from many!

The reason it is bad to keep digging up the Law of 10, is that it is fulfilled and inferior to Jesus. It is also damaging to us as Spiritual Beings in Christ, because it causes us to look at things in the flesh and take our eyes off of Jesus. It causes us to stumble over our imperfections and the imperfections of others

Jesus calls us to rejoice in His Perfection and Perfect, Unconditional Love.

The Law was the pointing out of the Infection. It requires Human Obedience, which is a religious Infection.

Jesus Unmerited, Perfect Love is the Cure

Once cured, what good is studying the infection?

The Law is not the infection, but the Devil uses it to condemn mankind.

Jesus removed His power over us by Fulfilling The Law in His Flesh, and abolishing our need to Refer to it.

Referring to it as Spiritual and valid today in any way beyond government is actually attempting to accidentally RE empower Satan.

1 Cor. 15:55

Oh Death (Devil), where is thy Sting (Servant Bite), thy sting is in Sin (Failing and Disobeying God), and the power behind Sin is THE LAW (10 + 603).

We mustn't dig up what Christ Fulfilled to overthrow the Devils power.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Greasy gracers
elvis.gif
love to tell you that :freak: they are seated in the heavenlies :listen: without walking in the heavenlies (1 John 2:3-6). :dizzy: Self righteous--and evil (Prov. 30:12). :BRAVO:

I'm coming back to the heart of myself
Cause it's all about me
It's all about me
sing.gif

The Heart of Worship ~ Matt Redman

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus didn't abolish it as you think Robert is saying.

I agree. Jesus did not have the authority to rescind his Father's law, and of course he did not.

The Jews to whom Jesus was sent were ignoring the spirit of the Father's law and embellishing it's physical aspects. Jesus was sent to make full (replete) his Father's law, to complete the law by teaching the spiritual aspects of the law.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.​

How much more explicit do you want the bible to get?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I agree. Jesus did not have the authority to rescind his Father's law, and of course he did not.

The Jews to whom Jesus was sent were ignoring the spirit of the Father's law and embellishing it's physical aspects. Jesus was sent to make full (replete) his Father's law, to complete the law by teaching the spiritual aspects of the law.

Didn't have the authority?

Matthew 28:18

18 Then Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

How much more did he need Jamie?

739425177ef22f427bcbf02ade94b7fe.jpg

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Robert Pate

Banned

For the Christian there are no laws or rules. Where there is law there is judgment. Do you want to stand before a holy God and be judged by the law? This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

The law will condemn you to hell. The law demands perfection, we don't have it to offer because we are all sinners.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Didn't have the authority?

Matthew 28:18

18 Then Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

How much more did he need Jamie?

739425177ef22f427bcbf02ade94b7fe.jpg

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."
Your signature isn't done properly, go to settings and then to edit signature :up:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Your signature isn't done properly, go to settings and then to edit signature :up:

I did that. What do I do to fix it? How do I make it embed?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.​

How much more explicit do you want the bible to get?

A correct interpretation of what Paul said would help.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I did that. What do I do to fix it? How do I make it embed?

At the top right you'll see settings - click there and on the left side scroll down to "edit signature" - then it will embed

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

2 Peter 2Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

The Judgment of False Teachers
2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, and will bring swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their unrestrained ways, and the way of truth will be blasphemed because of them. 3 They will exploit you in their greed with deceptive words. Their condemnation, pronounced long ago, is not idle, and their destruction does not sleep.

4 For if God didn’t spare the angels who sinned but threw them down into Tartarus[a] and delivered them to be kept in chains of darkness until judgment; 5 and if He didn’t spare the ancient world, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others,[c] when He brought a flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and if He reduced the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes and condemned them to ruin,[d] making them an example to those who were going to be ungodly;[e] 7 and if He rescued righteous Lot, distressed by the unrestrained behavior of the immoral 8 (for as he lived among them, that righteous man tormented himself day by day with the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, 10 especially those who follow the polluting desires of the flesh and despise authority.

Bold, arrogant people! They do not tremble when they blaspheme the glorious ones; 11 however, angels, who are greater in might and power, do not bring a slanderous charge against them before the Lord.[f] 12 But these people, like irrational animals—creatures of instinct born to be caught and destroyed—speak blasphemies about things they don’t understand, and in their destruction they too will be destroyed, 13 suffering harm as the payment for unrighteousness. They consider it a pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, delighting in their deceptions[g] as they feast with you. 14 They have eyes full of adultery and are always looking for sin. They seduce unstable people and have hearts trained in greed. Children under a curse! 15 They have gone astray by abandoning the straight path and have followed the path of Balaam, the son of Bosor,[h] who loved the wages of unrighteousness 16 but received a rebuke for his transgression: A donkey that could not talk spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s irrationality.

17 These people are springs without water, mists driven by a whirlwind. The gloom of darkness has been reserved for them. 18 For by uttering boastful, empty words, they seduce, with fleshly desires and debauchery, people who have barely escaped from those who live in error. 19 They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption, since people are enslaved to whatever defeats them. 20 For if, having escaped the world’s impurity through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in these things and defeated, the last state is worse for them than the first. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than, after knowing it, to turn back from the holy command delivered to them. 22 It has happened to them according to the true proverb: A dog returns to its own vomit,[j] and, “a sow, after washing itself, wallows in the mud.”

This is a double edged, scriptural Sword.

It gives you two extremes.

One is about people who judge by the Law, and by doing so, submit themselves to Jesus warnings that the judges by the Law shall be Judged by Moses himself.

The other side is about people like the Romans that taught Sinning made grace more abundant, so the more you sin, the more grace you have. I mean as in really serious stuff, like temple prostitution. In case you didn't know.... TP was the practice of sleeping with the closest person to God in the flesh, at the building alter to get closer to God. This was a literal practice Paul contested with!

The basic premise though is to use grace as a way of teaching people they HAVE to put effort into sinning to find God.

After finding Jesus, if someone turns back to the Law as a source of Salvation, no matter the hoo do words they use to justify it and especially if they begin to judge others by it, they are like dogs returning to their vomit.

Similarly, if a person teaches others that they must increase Sin of the flesh to be saved, they are returning to their vomit.

The guiding light here is simple. We look to Jesus and count that salvation! Period!

We admit our daily need for Him and allow the Spirit to work at The Spirits pace. We don't judge how the Spirit works in some, and we don't judge the flesh.

We point to Jesus and NEVER the stone law that He canceled by fulfilling it.

No fleshly effort to law or sin brings understanding.

We neither place our efforts in sin or law.

We trust Jesus.

If we sin, we trust Jesus.

If we overcome, we rebuke pride and thank Jesus.

The bottom line is that we point to Jesus!

His Grace is sufficient for ALL, and we are not to judge the Spirits work in ourselves or others.

In that, harmony is found!